Check out my new house gonna fix it up

I'm jealous...sort of. I bought and old house and fixed it up. I did almost everything myself. It turned out really well and I learned a lot. I had never done any of this stuff before. I enjoyed it and it was incredibly satisfying, but OMG was it a ton of work that dragged on forever! Best of luck. Make sure you post the 'after' photos.

A house is a house... God's not making any more real estate

you know. Congrats and good luck. Looks like you have

your work ahead of you. With any luck you'll double the value

of the place just by repairing the basics.

Why do I hear spooky organ music when I look at the picture? The lighting in that photo is perfect for a slasher movie poster.

As far as the house goes, I'd love to be able to own a place like that and have unlimited time, resources and talent to make it a showplace. Best of luck, fosure!

I agree with the day pics.. I wanna good look myself...

THough I have to say it looks good,,and should look better with a little work....

Congats on the new house... 8)

And CM-houses are starting to look like that pretty much everywhere...

I myself am looking into "fixer-uppers" next year...we were plannig to tear it up

to our liking anyways...

Just don't know where I want to live yet...

I also live in a nice older house. Have lived here since 1978. Just found out on July 5th that the state is buying the house and tearing it down to make way for a right turn lane(I live on a busy corner and trucks have a very hard time with it). We have practiclly rebuilt it, put a nice 3-car garage and a 12 by 12 feet shed. All the house was needing was some new windows. Otherwise it is practiclly like new. Our hope now is to get something new since finding anything used with the things we have is nearly inpossible. Only bad thing is the lot is not the greatest. We live on a hill and cutting it is a pain.

I also live in a nice older house. Have lived here since 1978. Just found out on July 5th that the state is buying the house and tearing it down to make way for a right turn lane(I live on a busy corner and trucks have a very hard time with it). We have practiclly rebuilt it, put a nice 3-car garage and a 12 by 12 feet shed. All the house was needing was some new windows. Otherwise it is practiclly like new. Our hope now is to get something new since finding anything used with the things we have is nearly inpossible. Only bad thing is the lot is not the greatest. We live on a hill and cutting it is a pain.

182050[/snapback]

They're taking your house eminent domain? That blows, especially after all that work. Make sure they pay you exactly what the place is worth!

Coming from someone who lives in SCS... :P

182621[/snapback]

:lol:

hey you "next to hickville yuppie" SCS is nice compared to roseville or Eastpoint. Were on the water "Bitch". :AH-HA_wink:

Whats sweet is that no one knows were it is so you can say stuff like yeah im from scs, Our lives are pretty tough, We just cruise around on our yachts all day. Or say its an Exclusive waterfront section in Grosse Point.

They're taking your house eminent domain? That blows, especially after all that work. Make sure they pay you exactly what the place is worth!

182611[/snapback]

We will try to get what we can.

:lol:

hey you "next to hickville yuppie" SCS is nice compared to roseville or Eastpoint. Were on the water "Bitch".  :AH-HA_wink:

Whats sweet is that no one knows were it is so you can say stuff like yeah im from scs, Our lives are pretty tough, We just cruise around on our yachts all day. Or say its an Exclusive waterfront section in Grosse Point.

182653[/snapback]

At least you two live close to water.... :(