Labor Day (month?) Sightings

FlyBrain

Satty, no doubt.

Scion xB... parked in front of my aunt's house today... my cousin bought it, traded his Sundance in on it, says he loves it. :nono:

188767[/snapback]

A friend of a friend recently traded his '03 BMW 330Ci in for an xB.

Guest YellowJacket894

You had me in the search engine for five minutes, Blu. :D

...Doesn't he also have the Joshiepoo account?

Edited by YellowJacket894

saw a MG V8 today along with a 60's Mustang club. And some kid in a pimped out Cavy tried to race a 69 Mach 1. The kid didnt learn his lesson there and then tried to race a Boss 427 i think.

Saw a new 3er coupe today, looked pretty good, except that I didn't like the rear much.

Also saw a black Aura XR on the dealer lot, with a sold sign in it. It looked GREAT. They also had a white XE that looked excellent as well. They seem to be flying off the lot, as they had multipul Aura's the last time I was there (a week), and now they are only going to have that white XE.

Yesterday I saw a Hyundai Atos on Highway 99 south of Bakersfield.  It was a short, narrow, but tall car.  Must have driven up from Mexico.

Posted Image

189437[/snapback]

Did it sputter up the Grapevine? LOL.

I saw something worth contributing. On Labor Day morning, I was driving from Vancouver to Portland to get my bags at Mom's and catch my flight.

I saw an impeccably maintained 1975 Grand Ville convertible with the top down (no rain). I could spot that neat grille. It was black. It was going the other way or I would have fumbled for my digital.

Then, it occurred to me: I saw the Grand Ville on Granville! Captnbooyah, where are you? This is one of the main north-south thoroughfares in Vancouver BC.

Well having gone to the historic races at Limerock this weekend, I have to say, your all boring me............... :)

I saw stuff I have no idea what the heck they were. I mean I found out what they were and already forgot the odd names. Lots of old prewar machines there this year, very very good in that respect.

Ford Amilcar

Bugattis

some thing I forget name off with a huge WWI aircraft V8, everything exposed, rockers, sleeves, pushrods, ect. kinda cool

the Miller Special if thats what its actually called

36 Ford Old Grey Mare

32 Plymouth Sprinter

38 Ford Sprint

3 wheel Morgans, very fast BTW kept up with two of the big boys for a third

great rare sheetmetal in the show area Ive seen for the first time was

Alfa Romeo Montreal

Fiat Dino

65 Jaguar 3.8 Sedan..........took best in show

Diablo.........in the parking lot beside our G6 when we left

Aston Martin DB2 52

54 Jaguar Xk120 M

Allards

75 BMW 3.5 CSL

Abarth 207A Biona

others slipping my mind

Great sheet metal Ive seen before at this show

250 GTO

250 Tour De France parked beside a

chopped ?47 Caddy......I have some very priceless photos of these two side by side

various Lolas, Lotus, Listers, Jags, Ferraris

late 50's Alfa Romeo Giulieta/Veloce my favorite of this type of roadster

some really cool Chevrons

various Porsche, including one 79 935 track car - very hot - did practice but didnt race ?

Ferrari Dino

DB4, DB5

M1

and 27 66-70 Trans Am cars, which we've all seen plenty of but seeing them have a go on the track was most excellent.

Some of the people dont really race, lack of skills, scared, priceless car but in every class there is a handfull that really go at it, sliding, locking brakes, from to much speed too late in the straight, inside passing, a few spinouts, a few wrecks, some serious downshifting and redlining, so many different types of motors, its a regular symphony

Te best racing was the pre war cars, when men were men and these guys are trying to be men, some serious sliding and lots of hand work. The Trans Am guys really went at it too, most all of them were serious.

This was our third year and the best yet. I get the photos loaded and up sometime.

I drove to UCLA today (Saturday) and went through the surrounding cities near the 405, and hence...

Ford GT (black with silver stripes)

Bentley Flying Spur (like 4 of 'em)

Bentley Continental GT (like 10 of 'em)

Bentley Arnage

Maserati Quattroporte (2)

Escalade ESV (weird with 18" chromes)

Ferrari F430 (coupe and spyder)

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Old Ferraris

Rolls Phantom (white)

Old Rollers

Lambo Gallardo

Aston DB9 (3)

Aston V8 Vantage

Porsche 911 Turbo (997)

VW Phaeton

C6 Z06

'07 Wrangler Unlimited X (4 door) at the dealership. Gray with black hardtop. "Butch" was dripping off of it in great gobs of goo. Even with the (relatively, they're still 255/17s) smaller tires than the Rubicon, this thing just looks ready. I like it.

'07 Cobalt SS/SC on the lot in that new Red Jewel Tintcoat color with Performance Package, sunroof, and polished rims. It was the sweetest Cobalt I've ever seen, and I'm serious. I'm not even a red person, but that color really makes the car.