GMC Sierra SLE

!!!TED!!!

Stay in your Toyo world. Why do we have to keep members like him?

195324[/snapback]

Uh, because if we all agreed that GM kicks everybody else's ass, we'd look stupid in the eyes of everybody else.

As much as some people hate to read the guy's posts, the site actually needs people like him to disagree with our points and raise his own. You can't dismiss your competitors.

If GM dismissed the competition, they'd have gone under years ago.

The new Tundra is built in the US, styled primarily in the US, recieves extensive engineering in the US, and has plently of marketing in the US.

That covers

managment

engineering

and manufacturing

By dismissing the truck as Japanese, you're insulting every American who worked on the project.

195834[/snapback]

Actually, if I was working on the project, I would think I was designing and building a Japanese truck, not an American one. If I get an internship with Toyota, I won't think for a second that I'm designing American cars. Toyota has never designed anything distinctly American, and I don't know if they ever will.

Back to the Sierra: GMCTGuy: yes, the Sierra will be on lots before winter the end of the year, so you'll be able to see them up close before the auto shows.

I'm hoping GM prices the new trucks slightly less than the current ones. That way, they won't need any incentives for a very long time, and people will feel that they're getting a great deal, and GM will actually be making more money on each truck because of the lack of incentives.

Complaining about dead buttons, normal people could care less or even notice.  You know people who are looking to purchase a vehicle.

195834[/snapback]

This invalidates most of your argument because you're simply picking and choosing things you would consider. When I look at an optioned-out vehicle and see dead plates, I see cheapness, whether it be American or foreign. For a $40k truck to have dead plates is unacceptable.

Stay in your Toyo world. Why do we have to keep members like him?

195324[/snapback]

Free world and all that. Personally I don't care if someone has bias, we all do. As long as they aren't a complete jerk or make completely baseless statements, their opinions are fine. Besides if everyone became a "Yes" man for GM, how interesting would the C&G forums be then? Edited by big blue

um besides the fact that it's ugly? and disproportionate?

A+ GM, lovin' the new Sierra.

194304[/snapback]

I understand that the front fascia takes a while to get used to but how is it disproportinate?

I'm not disagreeing, the only thing that GM should be concerned w/is high gas prices.

As far as the Tunda is concerned it has been increasing penetration since it debuted and is at some 7% market share now.  I fully expect to see double that by 2008.

195268[/snapback]

Last weekend's Los Angeles Times has Tundra adds for the same price as a completly stripped Tacoma. I don't think they are doing very well. Although I haven't driven a Tundra, I did drive a Sequia limited. The T 100 was a much nicer truck.

I know I'm guilty too, but as Z said, let's not forget what the title of this thread is, guys. If you guys want to discuss the Tundra, there's a thread over in the Asian Brand's board. I am happy to see that we have however, for the most part, been able to carry on a logical discussion without many useless posts.

dead buttons huh?  99.9% consumers won't even notice. 

I think most people would wonder why the wood is plastic

Posted Image

196172[/snapback]

I would agree that dead buttons aren't really a problem unless they stick out like a sore thumb. The Escalade's dead button is hardly noticeable at all. The Tundra's is more noticable because of the difference of color of the two plastics, but it's not too noticeable either.

As for plood? I think sales figures show that if it looks real, then no one cares, and the Escalade's plood certainly looks real.

I don't have a problem with plood if it looks realistic and fits well...adds a little color and warmth to an interior, IMHO. I'd rather have it over fake aluminum or faux carbon fiber trim (real carbon fiber is hideous, fake is worse, IMHO).

I've never owned a car with plugs for missing buttons or dead buttons, so I can't really say anything about them.

dead buttons huh?  99.9% consumers won't even notice. 

I think most people would wonder why the wood is plastic

196172[/snapback]

You're back-asswards. Deadplates are noticeable, especially how the Japanese do them. Koreans are worse, though...sometimes the coloration doesn't even match right. I challenge you to find an average person to be able to tell the difference between the faux wood on a 2007 Escalade and the real Zebrano wood on a 1999 Escalade.