GMC Sierra SLE

!!!TED!!!

Here are some pictures of the GMC Sierra SLE from the Barrie Auto Show in Ontario, taken today by Polish_Kris. Im lurking in the backround of the front end shot. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The truck looks good in person, if a bit boring. The work truck dash is very nice from what I could see. It was locked.

The truck looks good in person, if a bit boring. The work truck dash is very nice from what I could see. It was locked.

194073[/snapback]

"looks nice, if a bit boring" is right...

what are those bottom knobs on the console... lighters?

why doesn't this truck have dual exhaust for being the MAX... the pipes size looks the same as the one my dad replaced his 4.3L's with...~ closer to 3"

Too bland but overall a B+ by my standards.

Fly: what's the matter with the RAM? (outside of some quality issues)

GMman, the GMT355 has the exhaust coming out the back also, with the dearest little turndown. After years of my other trucks having the exhaust dump out the right side, it does seem odd to me, still. And now the 900s are the same way. :huh: Edited by ocnblu

Fly: what's the matter with the RAM? (outside of some quality issues)

194298[/snapback]

It sits up real high, yet has less ground clearance than GM and Ford's trucks, meaning its a truck meant for poseurs who want to look like they're real men when they drive their Ram 2500 MegaCab to their white collar job in an office park.

Plus, have you ever seen a shortbed single-cab Ram? It looks hillarious, especially compared with the honest-to-goodness good-looking '94 Ram.

The cheap work truck versions of the Ram are hideous looking. The grille is a big hunk of grey/black plastic , that and the plain steel wheels make for one ugly ungainly truck

This picture does not even begin the to show how ugly it the Ram really is

Posted Image

The Sierra looks like a winner to me

Edited by chevelle454

It sits up real high, yet has less ground clearance than GM and Ford's trucks, meaning its a truck meant for poseurs who want to look like they're real men when they drive their Ram 2500 MegaCab to their white collar job in an office park.

Plus, have you ever seen a shortbed single-cab Ram? It looks hillarious, especially compared with the honest-to-goodness good-looking '94 Ram.

194469[/snapback]

Now Fry, to each his own, but I personally think the Ram is still better looking than even the redesigned GM trucks. It's hardly a "poseur" truck if it has similar hauling and towing capacity (give or take), is faster loaded and unloaded than Ford's F150 or the current gen Silverado, and has a more powerful V8 than Ford, and if I remember, you could only get the 345 horsepower V8 in the Silverado SS (what a joke that truck is).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, I happen to be very pleased with these new trucks, and the interiors look pretty good (though the F-150 is still my favorite), but Ram being a poseur? Hardly. The Tundra on the other hand...well I think you and I can agree on that truck :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Meh...I think it is pretty lame and cheap that the bumper is clearly designed to house foglights, yet, there are no foglights to be seen.

EDIT: I just noticed the Ram work truck at the top of this page has the same thing done to it...I was referring tot he Sierra though.

Edited by Nick

You could get the 6L in the Silverado 1500 for 2006 and 2007 "Classic" as the Vortec Max. It got re-rated under the SAE system at 362hp for the GMT900 models.

I didn't think the Ram was too ugly until the 06 model came out, but it's always been over-the-top and overdone.

194710[/snapback]

Ah, my bad then, but still, my point is the Ram is hardly a wussy truck.

Looks great. Just wish that the tailgate design was flush and didnt have the contour in it.

194127[/snapback]

Agreed, the tailgate is the Sierra's ugliest styling detail. Hopefully someone will come up with a better-looking flush aftermarket tailgate before too long.

I don't understand why the pics I've seen so far are the brown...it's a very stodgy, un-flattering color for any car. Even white would look better than the brown, I'm sure. Color can make a HUGE difference in how a truck looks overall...I've seen it with just about every truck on the road.

The Sierra front end does look a little bit "Ford", but all the pics I've seen of the two truck models leave me liking the Sierra's styling more than the Silverado's, at least in the light-duty trim.

I'm still interested to see good pics (and specs and pricing) for the HD/1-ton models of both trucks...the pics C&G posted a while back were enticing, but not exactly satisfying.

194469[/snapback]

No, you're wrong. The Ram is a nice looking truck. The regular cab shortbed looks tough. Overall they are slightly larger, but not much in it. If you think the newer generation of Rams don't look good, it may be because your sense of style is a little bit feminized. I will admit, you don't see too many gay males or women driving Rams.

The Mega Cab makes a lot of sense; full sized bed, full sized stretch-out room in the interior. You don't like it, don't buy it. For me, my Silverado extended cab suits my needs so that's what I bought.

The Mega Cab makes a lot of sense; full sized bed, full sized stretch-out room in the interior. You don't like it, don't buy it. For me, my Silverado extended cab suits my needs so that's what I bought.

194950[/snapback]

The deal with the Mega Cab is Dodge compensating for years of having a Quad Cab that still wasn't as large or comfortable as GM's or Fords.

The deal with the Mega Cab is Dodge compensating for years of having a Quad Cab that still wasn't as large or comfortable as GM's or Fords.

195153[/snapback]

ANd the problem with that is? Now Dodge has the same cab configurations as Ford and Chevy, except they are bigger (class leading). There's nothing wrong with it, after all, the truck market is all about bragging rights.

purple truck, and what's with the yellow interior.

GMC is officially sissy.

195241[/snapback]

It's not offered in purple. It's brown. You either need to have your eyes checked or adjust your monitor's settings.

If the only thing you can complain about is the colors (which BTW, they do offer it in more than one color, in case you didn't know) then it must be pretty damn good.

complaints, not much to complain about, it's just a ordinary looking truck, with a generic GM interior.  Unlike the previous GMC trucks, this one has little personality.

195252[/snapback]

Not that I agree (although the interior is generic, but it's what truck buyers want), you speak what has worked for Toyota for years. You, like Toyota, don't seem to understand trucks. A truck (until the Ram) was not supposed to make a statement by how it looked (and still isn't). A truck makes it's statement by what it can do, and how long it lasts.

I'm not disagreeing, the only thing that GM should be concerned w/is high gas prices.

As far as the Tunda is concerned it has been increasing penetration since it debuted and is at some 7% market share now.  I fully expect to see double that by 2008.

195268[/snapback]

Stay in your Toyo world. Why do we have to keep members like him?

I'm not disagreeing, the only thing that GM should be concerned w/is high gas prices.

195268[/snapback]

Yeah, toyota shouldn't worry about high gas prices because gas costs more for American trucks. Wanna-be full size japanese trucks get lousy mileage and you're full of crap. :Toyota:

As far as the Tunda is concerned it has been increasing penetration since it debuted and is at some 7% market share now.  I fully expect to see double that by 2008.

195268[/snapback]

In your dreams. Dodge was the only brand that did anything like that (back in 1994) and they did it by making a revolutionary AMERICAN truck. japanese trucks are never going to be what you think they are here in America. After several years of attempting to make a "full size" toyota can't get it right. The tundra is an ugly joke of a truck. 14% by '08...whatever.....

Yeah, toyota shouldn't worry about high gas prices because gas costs more for American trucks.  Wanna-be full size japanese trucks get lousy mileage and you're full of crap.    :Toyota:

so you have insider info on the specs for Toyota's new engine?

14% by '08...whatever.....

195614[/snapback]

14% are Toyota's estimates, I happen to agree with them, actually I expect over 14%.

In your dreams.  Dodge was the only brand that did anything like that (back in 1994) and they did it by making a revolutionary AMERICAN truck.  japanese trucks are never going to be what you think they are here in America.  After several years of attempting to make a "full size" toyota can't get it right.  The tundra is an ugly joke of a truck. 

195614[/snapback]

Japanese truck? Looks pretty American to me. And it's actually built in Texas, something that Texans will appreciate (w/their checkbooks).

• The entire engineering development program was led by TTC engineering, in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

• Tundra styling was initiated at Calty Design Center in Newport Beach, Calif. and finalized at the new Calty studio in Ann Arbor, Mich.

• Tundra’s engines will be built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Alabama in Huntsville, Ala.,

• and its transmissions at a Toyota supplier production facility in North Carolina.

• Finally, the all-new Tundra will be manufactured at two U.S.-based full-size truck production facilities, Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana in Princeton, Ind., and the new Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas, located in San Antonio.

btw, the never isn't the part of Toyota's vocabulary.

why?

the new Tundra long bed has the largest interior in its class, deepest box in its class. 

Posted Image

btw, here's what HVAC controls look like when your not trying to save a couple pennies on a $40k vehicle.

195723[/snapback]

So even optioned it still has a dead space where a button should be? Pathetic

It doesn't look American, and it isn't American.  Toyota is not an American company, never was, never will be.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

195729[/snapback]

I agree, this looks exacty what it is: A Japanese ruck trying too hard to look American and failing.

--

Toyota is a Japanese company, and you'd be stupid to think otherwise.

So even optioned it still has a dead space where a button should be? Pathetic

Complaining about dead buttons, normal people could care less or even notice. You know people who are looking to purchase a vehicle.

Odd that you have never complained about GM's universal HVAC modular unit. It ruins many GM interiors. It's ugly, made out of cheap plastic, and not the least bit user friendly.

Toyota is a Japanese company, and you'd be stupid to think otherwise.

195768[/snapback]

The new Tundra is built in the US, styled primarily in the US, recieves extensive engineering in the US, and has plently of marketing in the US.

That covers

managment

engineering

and manufacturing

By dismissing the truck as Japanese, you're insulting every American who worked on the project.

The Nissan Titan was supposed to kill the American trucks.

195820[/snapback]

Nobody said that. Nobody is saying the Tundra will kill American trucks either. I don't know where people come up w/this. If anything is going to "kill" fullsize trucks its gas prices.

btw, the Tundra has been increasing in sales even after the Titan's debut.

TED, you're a lucky guy for getting to see the all-new Sierra in person already. I'm hoping that one will be on display, even on the floor to sit in it, at the 2007 Philadelphia Auto Show in February. If not, I know I'll see one at the 2007 New York International Auto Show in April. But these will be out on the dealer's lots before the end of winter, right?