Presenting the HHR Fall Limited Edition

Variance

Posted Image

DETROIT - Chevy announced the HHR Fall Limited Edition, a limited-production model with a striking, all-black appearance, including unique "black chrome" trim on the grille, door handles and 17-inch wheels. Only 4,000 examples will be built.

The HHR Fall Limited Edition is based on the popular HHR 2LT package, which includes the FE3 Sports Suspension Package. An Ebony interior with cloth seats is standard; leather-appointed seating is available. It is available for immediate ordering, with an MSRP of $20,265.

"The Fall Limited Edition model adds depth and excitement to the HHR lineup," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. "Since its launch, customers have responded to the HHR's combination of great styling, great fuel economy and outstanding value - attributes that have made it one of Chevy's hottest new vehicles."

Indeed, Chevy HHR has exceeded expectations. Sales are on track to carry it to more than 100,000 units for the 2006 calendar year - far more than the 60,000-unit projection.

"The HHR is one of the most personalized vehicles on the market, and the Fall Limited Edition gives customers a custom look - especially with the unique, black chrome accents - right from the dealership," said Peper.

Black chrome is a special, tinted chrome finish featuring Lacks Enterprise's Spinelle™ Metal Finish. Its multicoat metal tinting process creates a unique, color-tinted appearance that maintains the depth and reflectivity of traditional chrome.

Fall Limited Edition details

The special and specific content of the HHR Fall Limited Edition includes:

*2LT trim with FE3 Sports Suspension Package

*Seventeen-inch black chrome wheels

*Black exterior color

*Black chrome grille

*Black chrome door handles

*Black chrome rear beauty bar

*Black chrome body-side stripe

*Black-painted outside mirrors

*Black-painted running boards

*Tinted headlamp and fog lamp lenses

*Black-painted roof spoiler

*Leather-wrapped steering wheel with radio controls and accent stitching

*Ebony interior - cloth standard; leather available.

HHR 2LT standard equipment includes:

*Ecotec 2.4L DOHC engine with 149 horsepower (111 kW) and 152 lb.-ft. of torque (205 Nm)

*Antilock brakes

*Air conditioning

*AM/FM stereo radio with CD player and MP3 playback

*260-watt Pioneer premium seven-speaker sound system, including subwoofer

*Leather-wrapped shift knob

*60/40-split folding rear seat

*Fold-flat front passenger seat

*Power windows and locks

*Power-adjustable driver's seat

*Driver information center with oil life monitor

*Remote keyless entry

*Speed-sensitive intermittent windshield wipers

*Electrochromic mirror with compass.

Factory-installed remote starting is available with the optional four-speed automatic transmission. OnStar and XM Satellite Radio also are available, as are a host of GM accessories designed to complement the HHR driving experience.

Efficient and safe

The HHR is one of the segment's safest and most efficient vehicles. It delivers 30 miles per gallon on the highway and can travel up to 450 miles on a tank of gas.

Since its launch, HHR has received five-star crash ratings - the highest rating awarded by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program. The five-star ratings were awarded for the driver and right-front passenger in a frontal crash, as well as five-star side-impact crash ratings for front seat and rear seat passengers. The HHR also was the highest-rated SUV for the 2006 model year in NHTSA rollover testing.

Style and functionality

HHR is a four-door vehicle with a rear touchpad liftgate. Its high roof evokes the look of the innovative 1949 Chevy Suburban, while other exterior cues carry unmistakably Chevy elements, such as the gold bowtie grille badge and round taillamps, which are reminiscent of earlier Corvettes.

The HHR features an open interior that provides the spaciousness and cargo capacity of an SUV. It has easy-to-maneuver dimensions and room for just about any lifestyle interest. The rear seats fold flat, providing 57.7 cubic feet (1,634 L) of storage space without having to remove a seat. With the rear seats up, the straight roofline and rear liftgate maximize cargo capacity, offering 25.2 cubic feet (638 L). Reconfigurable and convenient storage compartments accommodate everything from groceries to surfboards.

Chevrolet is America's No. 1-selling automotive brand. With the largest dealer network in the United States, Chevy is the leader in full-size trucks and the leader in sales of vehicles priced $35,000 and above. Chevrolet delivers more-than-expected value in every vehicle category, offering cars and trucks priced from $9,995 to $78,175. Chevy delivers expressive design, spirited performance and great value with standard features usually found only on more expensive vehicles.

Source: General Motors

Black to represent fall? Who the hell is running Chevy's Art & Colour department? Cool as it looks and sounds, I personally don't think that black is a good representation of fall. Otherwise, it's pretty cool. Too bad my wife still hates them with a passion - I think I'd have one in the driveway if she liked the HHR. :angry:

What is "black chrome"? Just not as shiny?

195492[/snapback]

Just as shiny but the base is black. Think ONYX.

the face of that looks subtly mean.... look at it. NICE! 8)

HHR 2LT standard equipment includes:

*Ecotec 2.4L DOHC engine with 149 horsepower (111 kW) and 152 lb.-ft. of torque (205 Nm)

Source: General Motors

195482[/snapback]

anyone see this?...isn't this wrong?

Sounds like a cool thing. I would maybe think about one if I was in the market. Maybe in early 2009 when my lease runs out on the Equinox. I will be looking at either another Equinox or a HHR. Depends on a few factors. Gas prices being a large factor.

Black to represent fall?  Who the hell is running Chevy's Art & Colour department?  Cool as it looks and sounds, I personally don't think that black is a good representation of fall. 

195618[/snapback]

That's the first thing that came to my mind, too. Couldn't Chevy use a nice dark brown, green or red?

Guest YellowJacket894

This is pretty sharp. Overall, it gives me an early Fifties feel (and why shouldn't it?) and the stripe down the side makes me think "Yenko" for some reason.

I wish they would do something special for the Canyon or Colorado, though. (A Winter Edition, maybe?)

I wish they would do something special for the Canyon or Colorado, though. (A Winter Edition, maybe?)

195998[/snapback]

Nah. I'm thinking a blown I5 with 300hp hooked up to a 6-speed stick under the hood of a single-cab shortbed Canyon riding on blacked-out 17" alloys bearing the name Syclone.

But that's probably just me...