1977 Chevy Vega wagon...

Flybrian

Holy cow!

Talk about a museum time warp ;).

Hmm...and definitely NOT a winter beater.....

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Something's wrong in the world today" ... Aerosmith ... 'Living On The Edge'

Well, rust usually occurs when a car is driven and salt, mud and water gets thrown into areas under the car, or when a car is parked under trees over time and crap falls down and ends up clogging drain areas in the body, or even when a car is not driven but merely parked, not allowing air to circulate and dry out the body. This little car looks to have been kept inside, everything is pristine.

Rust is also caused by the presence of moisture in the air...and unless it's been in Arizona since the 70s it'd had to have experienced that!

I dunno...I'm just shocked it is in such good condition...and wondering who held onto it this long?

It looks loaded, with automatic and air, AM/FM stereo, Estate package, roof rack, aluminum wheels, sport mirrors, etc., and I think '77 was the last year for the Vega. If it was never titled, it has probably been in a dealership's hands all these years, the ultimate "leftover".

There's a similar looking one for sale right around the corner from where I work... it doesn't have the woodgrain panelling, and the owner used it for racing I guess b/c it has a 350 or larger V8 under the hood and some other changes from stock. Asking price? $13,500!!! :stupid::blink::omfg::mind-blowing:

It would make a great dog hauler. :scratchchin:

I always wonder how this happens with such plain basic cars.

201615[/snapback]

You said it; I remember at the beginning of the summer there was a 1979 Buick Century on eBay with 250 original miles on it not thirty miles from my house. Why is nobody taking such care of more significant vehicles?