Dsuupr

Older female driver's drive?

I have associations with each car produced. Which of the following make you think of an "older" (60+) womens car.   30 members have voted

1. 1. I have associations with each car produced. Which of the following make you think of an "older" (60+) womens car.

• Buick Century
    • honda element
    • Mercury Sable
    • toyota camry
    • toyota corolla
    • scion xa

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

I have associations with each car produced. Which of the following make you think of an "older" (60+) womens car. It seems like every toyota camry is driven by women over 60, though I've known younger females whos father made them buy it because it was a good pick for their Mom.

I picked Buick Century, both the '82-'96 A body, and the '97-current W. The size is manageable, it's comfortable, virtually maintenance-free, and it has inoffensive looks.

I find that old people in general love their A-bodies something fierce.

The Century or the Sable comes to mind as the most likely of that group. My mother is a older female driver (past 70) but I don't think she would be interested in any of those cars.... Her primary cars are a '98 Lincoln Town Car and an '05 Lincoln Navigator. She also has a '90 Mustang LX 5.0 convertible, a '69 Mustang Mach 1 (had it since it was new), and 3 '67-68 Cougars (all cars she & my late father collected over the years)..

The Buick Century is the car of choice for this demographic. Safe, reliable and predictable. Edited by HarleyEarl

Buick Century is my choice... err... wait.... I drive one! :o

Better put that thing in high gear, Paulie, bingo's about to start! :)

Camry al the way here in Mass... trust me! Sable second and Century third.

[post="16174"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:D

Buick and Olds in general just screamed senior citizen's brand in these days and times. It's like the car you grip when a Cadillac is too expensive or obnoxious. Before the '92 came out (where it then just became a woman's car), the Camry to me was a Korean parent's car, because I saw so many family-age Koreans driving them.....

[post="16174"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

In high gear? I have 4. Just four. Oh wait, even though my car is 13 years old, it still has the same number of gears as do many current GM products ;)

i dont think Olds screamed old people when they went out..the aurora, alero, intrigue look very good. i road in a rental alero before and i really liked it. im sure most would agree that they would rather be seen in an intrique than a century...no offense buick fans..i love buick too :).

Posted Image
Posted Image Edited by zoomtm

I think part of the problem with Oldsmobile is that it... well... look at the name. Oldsmobile. It really didn't match the last few vehicles... The Aurora, Alero, Intrigue. All anything but old-looking, you know?

As for Buicks... Well, they abandoned any sportiness they had. What happened to all the coupes? What happened to all the T-Types? What happened to all the turbos? What the hell happened? Nowadays... I don't think I'd want to be seen in a new Buick.

Having been an owner of 2 Intrigues and 1 Alero I know they don't have the right seats have suspension for "older" people. My Parents & Grandmother traded in the Alero they bought from us because the suspension and seats where to hard. As far as who drives them - My wife and I have noticed mostly younger (25 to 45) females.

I see many older mens driving Buick and Olds while I see many older women driving Camry's I also see many people my age (early 20's) driving Aleros and Grand Am.

This is all I have to say to people who bitch about the Olds name:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aleros are big with the high school/sorority girl crowd.

[post="16611"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ditto that.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead