Buick Lucerne CXX Luxury Liner

Flybrian

GM @ SEMA2006

Buick Lucerne CXX Luxury Liner

Posted Image

Posted Image

For a taste of Detroit and Europe blended together, look no further than the Buick Lucerne CXX Luxury Liner by Rick Bottom Custom Motor Sports of Mendota, Ill. This interpretation of the Lucerne delivers a great, fun-to-drive enthusiast’s commuter car that occasionally ferries business passengers.

The Lucerne CXX Luxury Liner begins with a two-tone exterior finish with White Gold Flash tri-coat on the sides and Glacier Gold Flash over the top down to the beltline. The colors are divided by a 1/8-inch Gold Miststripe. The two-tone effect conveys a lower, sleeker look.

A ground effects kit consisting of add-on body pieces to the front and rear fascias and rocker panels brings the body closer to the pavement for a performance-oriented look. A small deck spoiler visually extends the length of the trunk. CXX badging tops off the package.

And speaking of the V-8, the Lucerne CXX’s existing Northstar powerplant gets a 20-percent power increase from revised ECU programming, and a Corsa exhaust with noise-cancellation technology provides a throaty sound but whisper-quiet cruising.

Because stance is everything in a performance ride, the Rick Bottom customizers reduced the tire-to-fender gap for an Autobahn-capable appearance, and reduced the ride height by 2.25 inches.

Inside, buttery soft Cashmere leather with perforated inserts on the seats allows the full functioning of the cooled-seat feature. An audio/visual/navigation system worthy of a luxury liner awaits drivers and passengers. The vehicle is equipped with OnStar.

Vehicle highlights

• Razzi front chin spoiler, rear bumper extension overlay and rocker panel covers
  • Bronze window tint
  • Weld EVO forged spoke 20-inch wheels, one-piece multi-spoke with chrome plating mated with Dunlop 245/40R20 low-profile, quiet tread tires
  • Variable rate drop coils by Sprint
  • Eclipse state-of-the-art hard drive-based navigation system, satellite radio, DVD, CD, two CD changers, HDD radio, rear-seat monitors, class D amplifiers, X-box plus iPod connection. Features three-way components up front, three-way in the rear, three 10-inch subwoofers for 3,000 watts of power
  • Fourteen-inch vented and slotted brake rotors with aluminum calipers in black from Stainless Steel Brakes Corp.
  • RBCM chrome accents throughout, including on speaker grilles, bezel around headunit
  • Sound-deadening material by Hushmat
  • Transmission upgrades by Bowler Performance Transmission
  • Paints products from Glasurit
  • Audio installation by SOUND DECISION
  • Corsa exhaust
  • Buick Accessories steering wheel and shift knob

Pretty much what I predicted in the other thread. The center exhaust is a surprise though. Guess they were going for the XLR/Corvette feel.

IMO, could have chose better rims but maybe they will be nicer in real photos.

Razzi was the creator of the ground effects for one of last year's SEMA Avalons. I like the front and side, but would prefer a traditional dual exhaust farther to the corners.

Edited by CreativeVision

Nicest of all these concepts I've seen so far (this is my third)-the others I've seen have been pretty weak so far, but its nice to see Lucerne looking for appeal to a younger audience.

8) nice, While too low for my taste, the center exhaust is great and over all I like the look. Just give it a proper ride level for a sedan, not the drag your ass look. :P

I'm sure the actual car will not be this low to the ground. Those artist renditions are usually a bit out of touch with reality. The highlights states it dropped the car 2.25 inches which is a pretty decent drop overall, but the Lucerne sure had it to give. Combined with the 20" rims though it will be close. Just don't think the back wheel will be so tucked under.