Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

Choppin' Competition #31 - GM SEMA Redux

42 posts in this topic

Flybrian    0

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #31!

Posted Image

The 2006 SEMA show has come and gone. We were impressed with some of what was offered and, well, less-than-enthused about others. Here's your chance to set the record straight.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to either redesign a GM vehicle showcased at SEMA or give a non-showcased GM vehicle the SEMA treatment. For example, if you don't like how the Lucernes looked, make one you do like. Also, if you wished to have seen a LaCrosse at SEMA, customize one the way you'd like to see it.

Please use only General Motors vehicles for your entry.

Some Picture Sources...

-Autodeadline*

-FamilyCar.com

Size guidelines remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Please do not submit your images as Bitmap (.bmp) files. Also, please use only images from those aforementioned sources for your starting image. Any other image will be disqualified.

The winner will recieve a Pontiac-related prize from C&G!

Deadline is Tuesday, November 14th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck and have fun! :CG_all:

*Instructions for accessing high-resolution images through AutoDeadline:

Replace the bold, orange section of the URL...

(http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/*query?silverado&Source=all)

...with the make/model/etc you're searching for. Replacing 'silverado' with 'lesabre' will bring up downloadable hi-res images of the Buick LeSabre.

Intrepidation    846

Well here's my real chop for this competition, and the first chop competition I've entered in, so here goes...

Posted Image

Edited by Dodgefan

Gizhost    1

Gizhost: Nice used of grille cues used in this early Camaro Concept sketch. 8)

Posted Image

211995[/snapback]

LOL, honestly thats one of probably the few Camaro concepts I've never seen before...looks better than what I did though :thumbsup:

Intrepidation    846

If Saab actually had a sedan that looked like that, they would be in good shape! Nice Job!

212054[/snapback]

Damn Dodgefan, very cool!

That front lines up perfectly with the rest of the car. A+ :thumbsup:

212068[/snapback]

Thanks ^_^

By the way Ted, I'm sorry to say but I hate the lady in your sig, her annoying add played while I was in class surfing on auto123.com...made everyone look :P

Thought I did something with the HHR...

Posted Image

I always wanted that panel van with white walls and moon discs.

EDIT: Forgot to lower it.

Edited by ToniCipriani

HUMBUCKET...those are not window graphics..they are flatscreen TV displays, w/ exterioir controls, and the "spare tire" is a audio box, 3-way...would also have suspension air bags to lower it & sideways seating like a streach limo complete with playstation et al.... :metal::booyah:

Posted Image

Gizhost    1

Posted Image

212345[/snapback]

I am suprised GM hasn't shown an HHR vehicle similar to this one...looks great.

Intrepidation    846

HUMBUCKET...those are not window graphics..they are flatscreen TV displays, w/ exterioir controls, and the "spare tire" is a audio box, 3-way...would also have suspension air bags to lower it & sideways seating like a streach limo complete with playstation et al.... :metal:  :booyah:

Posted Image

212509[/snapback]

...Why? Also as a personal preference I hate vehicles lowered that shouldn't be. It's interesting if pointless I guess...but then that's part of what SEMA is about :P

Nice colors btw.

Intrepidation    846

Posted Image

212345[/snapback]

Nice, really clean!

HUMBUCKET...those are not window graphics..they are flatscreen TV displays, w/ exterioir controls, and the "spare tire" is a audio box, 3-way...would also have suspension air bags to lower it & sideways seating like a streach limo complete with playstation et al.... :metal:  :booyah:

Posted Image

212509[/snapback]

Looks like a Wagoneer, and if you take a ruler and measure it, you'll find the wheels are actually rubbing the wheel well.

Too low man, too low.

Edited by ToniCipriani

OK ....the BOOMBOXTV HUMMER IS "over the top"...but everything on it COULD work...even the lowered airbags, tho ya wpould have to raise it up to drive, it can sit like that,...anyway,...here is the SEMA truck GM held back on showing you :

The HUMBURB... :lol:

Posted Image

ocnblu    733

:o

The level of talent shown in the above masterpiece will never be equaled here at C&G. All bow to MDM! :bowdown::alcoholic:

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

OMFGBBQ????!!!1!!!!1!!11??//!111!!! it cr@wld out o teh blck lagooooon!!!!111!!!1!1!lololololololzzzz!111!

Well here's my real chop for this competition, and the first chop competition I've entered in, so here goes...

Posted Image

212020[/snapback]

I think you should go a bit further than just a frontend. Give it some accessories or a new paint job.

It's SEMA man!

OMFGBBQ????!!!1!!!!1!!11??//!111!!! it cr@wld out o teh blck lagooooon!!!!111!!!1!1!lololololololzzzz!111!

213045[/snapback]

LOL...yeah I know it is a cartoon...both of 'em are... :P

Intrepidation    846

I think you should go a bit further than just a frontend. Give it some accessories or a new paint job.

It's SEMA man!

213145[/snapback]

Posted Image

Happy? :P

Edited by Dodgefan

NOS2006    11

I've been working on this every chance I get since the day Fly opened this one up...

Posted Image

Edited by NOS2006