Choppin' Competition #31 - GM SEMA Redux

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #31!

Posted Image

The 2006 SEMA show has come and gone. We were impressed with some of what was offered and, well, less-than-enthused about others. Here's your chance to set the record straight.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to either redesign a GM vehicle showcased at SEMA or give a non-showcased GM vehicle the SEMA treatment. For example, if you don't like how the Lucernes looked, make one you do like. Also, if you wished to have seen a LaCrosse at SEMA, customize one the way you'd like to see it.

Please use only General Motors vehicles for your entry.

Some Picture Sources...

-Autodeadline*

-FamilyCar.com

Size guidelines remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Please do not submit your images as Bitmap (.bmp) files. Also, please use only images from those aforementioned sources for your starting image. Any other image will be disqualified.

The winner will recieve a Pontiac-related prize from C&G!

Deadline is Tuesday, November 14th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck and have fun! :CG_all:

*Instructions for accessing high-resolution images through AutoDeadline:

Replace the bold, orange section of the URL...

(http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/*query?silverado&Source=all)

...with the make/model/etc you're searching for. Replacing 'silverado' with 'lesabre' will bring up downloadable hi-res images of the Buick LeSabre.

If Saab actually had a sedan that looked like that, they would be in good shape! Nice Job!

212054[/snapback]

Damn Dodgefan, very cool!

That front lines up perfectly with the rest of the car. A+ :thumbsup:

212068[/snapback]

Thanks ^_^

By the way Ted, I'm sorry to say but I hate the lady in your sig, her annoying add played while I was in class surfing on auto123.com...made everyone look :P

HUMBUCKET...those are not window graphics..they are flatscreen TV displays, w/ exterioir controls, and the "spare tire" is a audio box, 3-way...would also have suspension air bags to lower it & sideways seating like a streach limo complete with playstation et al.... :metal:  :booyah:

Posted Image

212509[/snapback]

...Why? Also as a personal preference I hate vehicles lowered that shouldn't be. It's interesting if pointless I guess...but then that's part of what SEMA is about :P

Nice colors btw.

HUMBUCKET...those are not window graphics..they are flatscreen TV displays, w/ exterioir controls, and the "spare tire" is a audio box, 3-way...would also have suspension air bags to lower it & sideways seating like a streach limo complete with playstation et al.... :metal:  :booyah:

Posted Image

212509[/snapback]

Looks like a Wagoneer, and if you take a ruler and measure it, you'll find the wheels are actually rubbing the wheel well.

Too low man, too low.

Edited by ToniCipriani

OK 3rd & Final entry ...just to review that's the Buick Thundestorm, the X-Calade, and this one, Stingraysstudios SHARK :

Posted Image

...now before ya go and tell me I murdered a Camaro before it even had a chance to come out, this is a REAL working concept for a SEMA custom, as the show has become one of the biggist custom car shows on the planet we at the studio decided that this would be what we would do for next year's show if we can.

Hope ya like it, tho I know it is out there, the chop is fairly decent I think ?.

sorry I put the orig size one up first, here'sa the 800 resize :

Posted Image

I was gonna take down the big size ....but ya know wat it seems to lose sumpin in the smaller pix... :yes:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

OK 3rd & Final entry ...hust to review that's the Buick Thundestorm, the X-Calade, and this one, Stingraysstudios SHARK :

Posted Image

...now before ya go and tell me I murdered a Camaro before it even had a chance to come out, this is a REAL working concept for a SEMA custom, as the show has become one of the biggist custom car shows on the planet we at the studio decided that this would be what we would do for next year's show if we can.

Hope ya like it, tho I know it is out there, the chop is fairly decent I think ?.

213712[/snapback]

The chop itself is nice, but yeah...you murdered the Camaro :P Also that front end..fix that and make it look more like a normal car and it'll be pretty cool.

Edited by Dodgefan

WELL, ...I knew this was gonna get your motor goin...(but THX for the compliments, DF & NOS) but what can I say, ...custom camaros are gonna happen, this was just my idea, not supposed to be a production car anyway just a SHOW car, & for what it's worth, ...it is at least entertaining !!! ...LOL.

MDM, the Buick above is very good. Is it good enough to erase the horrible scars left by all your other entries and withdrawls in this thread? Time will tell. Your "Shark" is beyond ugly. It's positively heretical.

that is a beautiful buick . . . a little refining and a couple more views and ill be in love . . . not sure about the facia and lower air damns but i might really like it . . . if you can make some more views for the members showcase section i think would be awesome i always liked the ideas you came up with that were like that

TC...Alais Sketchbook pro & Corel paint/photo...

it was a LOW res pix to start & I did have to blow it up to 800,

but I like the CONCEPT so much ,

felt it was worth a shot ! ?...so...srry :duh: .

Mute ...THX ...cuz that is EXACTLY how I feel about it too !

This would be a PERFECT GNX or Gran Sport model IMO.

I'm working on the rest of it too & will post in MS thread.

:yes:

OH - hey ...BE NICE TO MR. SHARK !!!

...cuz it has a BIG BAD attitude to it ! :lol:

maybe i should use the attached image ???..same concept just a sedan version.

post-1820-1163239180_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

um... the shark thing... dude... why?

that front end would almost work if it didnt have that atrocious bulge thing

and the rear might work without that gargantuan spoiler

and wrap around rear glass? this is not a corvette... nor is it the 1980s...so thats just wrong

the buick is pretty sweet tho... cant lie

TC...Alais Sketchbook pro & Corel paint/photo...

it was a LOW res pix to start & I did have to blow it up to 800,

but I like the CONCEPT so much ,

felt it was worth a shot ! ?...so...srry :duh: .

214487[/snapback]

I suppose you used this as a base...

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?034300 (copy and paste link into browser)

Click on the Download and you can download a like 3000x(something) resolution one.

On all the Media GM pages, click on the thumbnail to open and download the actual hi-res pic.

Edited by ToniCipriani