Top-20 selling vehicles in U.S. through October

Top-20 selling vehicles in U.S. through October

DETROIT, Nov 1 (Reuters) - The following are the 20 top-selling vehicles in the U.S. through October of 2006 as reported by the automakers.

Following is a list of the top-20 selling vehicles, ranked by total units.

Posted Image

I like seeing the Mustang on the list. Yeah, the old warhorse Taurus is Ford's best selling car... bleh. Let's hope the Fusion catches on in a big way soon. Ford needs it. I'd like the see the Pontiac G6 on that list, too.

Love that the Impala is the biggest gainer, percentagewise.

Edited by ocnblu

the econoline sold almost as many as the focus....?

the impala really shot up...

how can they group the corolla and matrix together, (i know how they can do it), but that'd be like putting the silv and sierra together.... liked to see a real number for just corolla or just matrix, see how much the other adds to the number

My guess is they want to make it look like the Corolla outsells the Civic.

You know what I hate, how car magz just bomb on the Cobalt and Focus yet I see both of them on that list when, the heaven forbid they say something bad about it Mazda 3 isn't, but it also shows how people dont care what is said and know what is a good car and what isn't. I'm also happy to see that the Impala had the biggest percentage game but not so happy that the TB took the largest loss :-\

only 2 toyotas on the list, think about that.

6 fords

6 chevys

if someone could just break the hold of the corolla and camry, it might just be easier to bust toyota than everyone thinks.

i think it also shows you that a large part of the population doesn't even shop. they just are told to get a camry or corolla. this suggests to me that toyota still doesn't have as wide of an appeal as the writers would lead you to believe, if so many of their sales are just 2 models. something to ponder.......

Edited by regfootball

only 2 toyotas on the list, think about that.

6 fords

6 chevys

if someone could just break the hold of the corolla and camry, it might just be easier to bust toyota than everyone thinks.

i think it also shows you that a large part of the population doesn't even shop.  they just are told to get a camry or corolla.  this suggests to me that toyota still doesn't have as wide of an appeal as the writers would lead you to believe, if so many of their sales are just 2 models.  something to ponder.......

214059[/snapback]

True enough...I have many coworkers that seem to be only aware of Toyotas...they come to the US, get their drivers license, get a Corolla or a Camry...

Edited by moltar

I wonder what would happen if GM grouped the Cobalt/HHR together...

Much like the Corolla/Matrix, the only similarity is the platform.

More similar are the Impala and Monte Carlo. Last year it was a joke to group them together, but this year, it's far more reasonable.

I'm sure the Solara is already included in Camry sales.