Camaro at NAIAS Confirmed

Camino LS6

I would say a convertible is almost definite, but whether it's called production.....you must remain cautious about this one. it most likely, at least from what i've seen, still bear the prototype name, but the specs of the car, the final details and proportions could all be much closer to what the production car will look like. too early for a production car from GM these days. Enclave just barely debuted and it will be coming out in spring, same with cts and malibu. the days of a year or more long intro lead are gone. also, i wouldn't trust what one site has to say.

I would say a convertible is almost definite, but whether it's called production.....you must remain cautious about this one. it most likely, at least from what i've seen, still bear the prototype name, but the specs of the car, the final details and proportions could all be much closer to what the production car will look like. too early for a production car from GM these days. Enclave just barely debuted and it will be coming out in spring, same with cts and malibu. the days of a year or more long intro lead are gone. also, i wouldn't trust what one site has to say.

225353[/snapback]

Probably so, thus the subtitle of this thread. :AH-HA_wink:

However, it is interesting that the listing only reads "Camaro" not "Camaro convertible" and that it is listed in the production category rather than the concept category.

With that said, I expect it will be a near-production version of the 'vert with a fairly clear indication of the final version. Much as has already been guessed at/assumed all across the automotive web recently.

Still...

...the "maybe" remains.

I do not care one bit about the ragtop.... I just want

a true hardtop where the b-pillar but a piece of

rubber weatehrstripping that drops down into the

rear inner quater panel alog with the rear glass. :wub:

225380[/snapback]

Wow, that's the exact opposite of how I feel. I sold my 96Z a year ago October and I don't think that I could have missed it any more than I did this past year. I had two 2nd Gens prior to the vert and my allegiance is to the ragtop.

Bring on the convertible and I'll be first on line!

No Pontiac Concepts listed. I've lost interest in the show!

Edited by keyzi747

Chicago is Pontiac's strongest market and has for years been where the big stuff happens.

I expect early or near production cars for the GP replacment and who know the GTO?

Also I see the future of Pontiac being anounced there. We will finally see the full offial plan of what they want to do with the car line.

As for the Camaro I would expect a near production as some things still might change a small bit in testing.

225380[/snapback]

Here Here!!

I've been waiting for GM to reintroduce a true hardtop coupe ever since they quit making them in the '70's!

Now if they can pass the rollover and side impact standards let's see the return of a FOUR DOOR hardtop!! :thumbsup:

I think the Convertible would be the most logical next step - as it would be able to showcase interior improvements over the original concept - maybe a lean towards more of a producable interior instead of the show cars all show one. I personally will have to drive both before deciding which I will buy. I have the Vette vert and love it - it is staying, so I do not know if I need a second convertible...the coupe may do me just fine.

Either way - it is getting closer every day!

Why on earth should gm show a pre-production (or something similar to that) camaro when it will be built in the next two years? :duh:

226771[/snapback]

GM the last few years have shown us cars that are about 90% production one and two years ahead.

Why they do that don't know but if the car is worth while it is worth the wait.