SPY SHOTS: SATURN VUE REDLINE

Hey Iononic Boy:

If you'd actually did the research, you'd realize that cars built in America are of much higher quality then Europe. Nice try! Have fun.

Moving on.

This looks good. Looks more like an Opel now then the regular VUE and Antara.

Edited by Cadillacfan

So it's a Redline... but it doesn't have any power boost?

That's kinda dumb. I know they likely don't want a powertrain to compete or outdo the Lambda's, but seriously, the Redline needs a little more juice. Otherwise, it's just an effects package, and that's lame.

I like it a lot. Might look a tad better with bigger wheels, maybe 19"..but it looks pretty much like I wanted it to.

Now for the important part. It needs to have a lot more than 250hp....and the 263 reported for the Equinox SS would be better, but I really want to see it above 270.

Remember, this new Vue is going to weigh 400-500 lbs more than the current one. Horspower needs to be up near 265-270 just to be sure this 4000 lb Vue has the same performance as the outgoing 3500-3600 lb Vue with 250 hp. The 6 speed auto should help versus the current 5 speed, but no where near enough to offset 400 lbs.

Botton line...this looks good...I thin it will sell better than the current Vue Redline...but GM has to bump that power well above 250.

That's kinda dumb. I know they likely don't want a powertrain to compete or outdo the Lambda's, but seriously, the Redline needs a little more juice. Otherwise, it's just an effects package, and that's lame.

It's a Handling package also..and while to you that may not be much...it is something that to me is almost as important as the power.

We had a regular 04 vue with the 250hp engine...and while it was great...the Redline that I drove was simply more enjoyable to drive than our Vue because of the suspension.

IS that what the current Vue Red Line is anyway? Just an appearance and handling package? The only other Red Line is the one with the actual power boost: the Ion. So...I dunno...it's no more lame than the current one.

The airdam reminds me of a truck version of the Sky. This is obviously an imcomplete visual package, possibly for testing the cooling system with the different bumper. I'm looking forward to seeing the complete, production vehicle.

EDIT: duh, I dint read the second part of the title of this thread, now I feel like Captain Obvious.

Edited by ocnblu

LeftLaneNews has posted these somewhat blurry but useful spyshots of the 2009(?) VUE Redline

Looks like altezza headlights are heading to the VUE's rear.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/05/spi...line/#more-4621

This is kinda nitpicky, but it should read "alteeza 'TAILLIGHTS' are heading to the Vue's rear." There is no such thing as an alteeza headlight...

Back on topic though, unless that front airdam is going to house a massive FMIC to support the turbo or supercharger, then it is just too excessive and gaudy. I thought Saturn was heading towards more European class and not import tuner. I know RL is essentially an in-house GM tuner line, but it really looks cheap...However I digress, perhaps as with all these "spy photos" we should reserve final judgement for when we see the production version in the flesh.