Pricing: 2007 Toyota Tundra

Variance

Pricing: 2007 Toyota Tundra

Posted Image

January 24, 2007 - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the all-new second-generation Tundra full-size pickup truck.

Significantly bigger, more capable and more technically advanced in every metric of comparison, the 2007 Tundra is available in 31 models. The Tundra offers a choice of 4x2 and 4x4 drivetrains, three cab styles, three wheelbases, three bed lengths, three engines, and three trim levels. Tundra has been engineered for “true truckers” and is versatile enough to be a highly capable truck for work or for personal use.

The 2007 Tundra offers three levels of power, all with standard VVT-i. In Regular and Double Cab models, a standard 4.0-liter V6 produces 236 horsepower at 5,200 rpm and a healthy 266 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 4,000 rpm. The 4.0-liter engine achieves city/highway fuel economy ratings of 17/20 mpg.

The mid-grade option for these models – and standard on CrewMax models – is the proven 4.7-liter i-Force V8, producing 271 horsepower at 5,400 rpm and 313 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 3,400 rpm. Both 4x2 and 4x4 models equipped with the

4.7-liter engine feature city/highway fuel economy ratings of 15/18 mpg.

The Tundra's trump card under the hood is the all-new 5.7-liter i-Force V8 that features Dual Independent VVT-i and is available in every model configuration. Specifically designed for full-size pickup applications, the i-Force 5.7 puts out an impressive 381 horsepower at 5,600 rpm, and unleashes 401 lb.-ft of peak torque at 3,600 rpm. 4x4 models equipped with the 5.7-liter engine achieve city/highway fuel economy ratings of 14/18 mpg, while 4x2 models achieve 16/20 mpg.

Towing equipment is standard on all V8 models and includes a hitch receiver, 4.30 rear differential, supplemental transmission cooler, transmission temperature gauge, 7 pin connector, and a trailer brake controller pre-wire. Fourteen of Tundra's 31 models are capable of towing over 10,000 lbs and the Regular Cab 5.7L 4x2 Long Bed model features a towing capacity up to 10,800 pounds.

Tundra will provide the most comprehensive standard safety equipment in the full-size pickup market. It is the first full-size pickup to offer standard front seat side airbags and front and rear roll-sensing side curtain airbags on every model. All Tundra models also feature the STAR safety system as standard equipment, which includes ABS, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC).

Tundra is the only truck to offer 18 x 8 inches wheels with 255/70 R18 tires as standard equipment on every model to accommodate 13.9 inch front rotors. No other truck in the class offers larger tires and wheels as standard equipment on all models. Optional 20-inch alloy wheels with 275/55 R20 tires are available on Limited models.

All models come standard with an easy lower-and-lift tailgate, dual-zone climate control system, AM/FM CD with a mini-plug jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, tilt wheel, two power points, tachometer, digital clock, coolant temperature gauge, and dual glove box.

ENGINE BODY STYLE TRANSMISSION MSRP

4x2 TUNDRA

V6 Reg Cab 5ECT $22,290

V6 Reg Cab LB 5ECT $22,620

V8 4.7 Reg Cab 5ECT $23,430

V8 5.7 Reg Cab 6ECT $24,380

V8 4.7 Reg Cab LB 5ECT $23,760

V8 5.7 Reg Cab LB 6ECT $24,710

SR5 V6 Double Cab 5ECT $26,105

SR5 V8 4.7 Double Cab 5ECT $26,850

SR5 V8 5.7 Double Cab 6ECT $28,110

SR5 V8 4.7 Double Cab LB 5ECT $27,180

SR5 V8 5.7 Double Cab LB 6ECT $28,440

LTD V8 4.7 Double Cab 5ECT $34,240

LTD V8 5.7 Double Cab 6ECT $35,490

SR5 V8 4.7 CrewMax 5ECT $29,675

SR5 V8 5.7 CrewMax 6ECT $30,935

ENGINE BODY STYLE TRANSMISSION MSRP

LTD V8 4.7 CrewMax 5ECT $37,540

LTD V8 5.7 CrewMax 6ECT $38,790

4x4 TUNDRA

V8 4.7 Reg Cab 5ECT $26,480

V8 5.7 Reg Cab 6ECT $27,440

V8 4.7 Reg Cab LB 5ECT $26,810

V8 5.7 Reg Cab LB 6ECT $27,770

SR5 V8 4.7 Double Cab 5ECT $29,900

SR5 V8 5.7 Double Cab 6ECT $31,160

SR5 V8 4.7 Double Cab LB 5ECT $30,230

SR5 V8 5.7 Double Cab LB 6ECT $31,490

LTD V8 4.7L Double Cab 5ECT $37,290

LTD V8 5.7L Double Cab 6ECT $38,550

SR5 V8 4.7L CrewMax 5ECT $32,725

SR5 V8 5.7L CrewMax 6ECT $33,985

LTD V8 4.7L CrewMax 5ECT $40,590

LTD V8 5.7L CrewMax 6ECT $41,850

[source: Toyota Motor Sales]

It looks like they did the impossible and brought it to market at a competitive price. Also i am not sure if it has been posted, but edmunds did a comparison between the Tundra and the Silverado. I was disappointed to read that the tundra was favored.

I think the pricing is slightly more expensive than a comparable Silverado, but since you can't build a Tundra on the Toyota website yet, I can't say for sure. I would have expected it to be significantly less than a comparable Silverado considering Toyota is the one playing catch-up in this segment.

It looks like they did the impossible and brought it to market at a competitive price. Also i am not sure if it has been posted, but edmunds did a comparison between the Tundra and the Silverado. I was disappointed to read that the tundra was favored.

Toyota can price anything at a "competitive price". They make billions of dollars of profit EVERY quarter. They can lose money on every Tundra sale, just to get into the market, and would easily still make billions of profit every quarter. Toyota has been charging more then they need to charge, just so they don't catch a bunch of crap from the Big 3 for uncompetitive (cheaper than the Big 3) pricing. And to make their pricing appear to be equal, they will charge the same as the Big 3 does for comparable models, but they will add a ton more "standard options" to blow away the Big 3 in content. It all goes back to the Asian/Japanese unfair competitive advantage that Toyota enjoys.

Everyone is here is making some good points But

as NOS just pointed out this truck is no bargain.

Everyone is here is making some good points But

as NOS just pointed out this truck is no bargain.

The 5.7 is a bargain. The closes GM engine, the 6.2, is only available in the Sierra Denali right now and it is likely quite a bit more expensive.

Also you can get the 5.7 in every cab configuration.

The 5.7 is a bargain. The closes GM engine, the 6.2, is only available in the Sierra Denali right now and it is likely quite a bit more expensive.

Also you can get the 5.7 in every cab configuration.

I agree; the Sierra Denali is a niche pickup that will sell only in limited numbers. I can't forsee too many workers who need to haul and tow lining up to buy the Denali. I hope the 6.2 does becomes an option along with the six speed auto in the Silverado and Sierra models. Also, the 4.3l 195 hp engine needs to go. That should be replaced by the smooth inline 4.2l from the Trailblazer.

except the truck he priced is missing air conditioning, CD player, power windows, energy absorbing glass, fabric seats, stability control, side & curtain airbags. And the 6.0L engine isn't even an option on the regular cab.

Tundra 2WD V6 Reg Cab 5ECT - $22,290

Silverado 2WD Reg Cab WT - $17,860

+Power windows

+Power locks

+Power mirrors

+Keyless entry

+Air conditioning

+5.3l Vortec V8

+Cruise control

+AM/FM stereo w/CD

+Stabilitrak (standard, btw) - $20,730

You just have to option it out smartly. Also, the cheapest V8 Tundra is $23,430. The cheapest V8 Silverado is $18,460.

Tundra 2WD V6 Reg Cab 5ECT - $22,290

Silverado 2WD Reg Cab WT - $17,860

+Power windows

+Power locks

+Power mirrors

+Keyless entry

+Air conditioning

+5.3l Vortec V8

+Cruise control

+AM/FM stereo w/CD

+Stabilitrak (standard, btw) - $20,730

Stabilitrak is not standard according to the fine print.

and where I live you can't option power windows/locks/mirrors on the WT model

60% 5.7's hahaha really I am doubting it. So much for good fuel economy. I would bet most ignorant Toyota buyers *your ignorant if you buy a Toyota and really stupid if you buy a Toyota truck* will still opt for the mid-level 4.7L i-Force but that is just me. I know the 5.7L's gas economy is about the same but seriously most people will ask themselves do I need the extra power? And knowing Toyota buyers they will say no. They sell over 70 percent of Camry's with 4bangers so I doubt they will sell that many 5.7's. Toyota next when GM gets the new 6spds out they will get totally... :pokeowned: I firmly believe pickup buyers will not flock over to Toyota no matter how much contractor slanted ads they do people still will be Chevy/GMC, Ford or Dodge guys that ain't likely to change. This will be the Camry drivers who want a truck as a second vehicle, not hard working folks who order vinyl seats and diesels. Toyota for the most part as been all bark and no bite and it IS WAY overpriced. Toyota :censored: it up again. And when the 6.2L V8 with over 380hp is in the Silvy the might as well cry and lets no forget all the new HD GM trucks just around the block, but I thought they would be out buy now. (I saw one of there stupid commercials about you asking for it and you got it, and I GOT PISSED OFF!) And then the next commercial was the Silverado "This is our country with the MT Truck of the year award at the end!" Eat that Toyota. People buy GM trucks in many different trims and motors and that is good, so far almost all Tundras I have seen *the old styled ones* were Limited fully loaded with sunroof and perfect for the whimpy person who can't stand cloth or a vehicle without wood trim! :rolleyes: They each have different markets and Toyota trying so hard to bust into the ranching/farming construction/commerical area isn't going to work in-fact it will backfire. People our brand LOYAL with trucks... Hope the new Tundra sells like the old one 100K a year, and that I'll teach 'em don't mess with the real trucks and truck building compaines. :AH-HA_wink: When will the learn? :banghead:

My newest motor trend mag said Japan wanted Toyota NA to up the price of the Tundra's to pay for the $400 million overage of the plant construction. Toyota NA was fighting against it. Not sure which route the above pricing reflects.

60% 5.7's hahaha really I am doubting it. So much for good fuel economy. I would bet most ignorant Toyota buyers *your ignorant if you buy a Toyota and really stupid if you buy a Toyota truck* will still opt for the mid-level 4.7L i-Force but that is just me. I know the 5.7L's gas economy is about the same but seriously most people will ask themselves do I need the extra power? And knowing Toyota buyers they will say no. They sell over 70 percent of Camry's with 4bangers so I doubt they will sell that many 5.7's. Toyota next when GM gets the new 6spds out they will get totally... :pokeowned: I firmly believe pickup buyers will not flock over to Toyota no matter how much contractor slanted ads they do people still will be Chevy/GMC, Ford or Dodge guys that ain't likely to change. This will be the Camry drivers who want a truck as a second vehicle, not hard working folks who order vinyl seats and diesels. Toyota for the most part as been all bark and no bite and it IS WAY overpriced. Toyota :censored: it up again. And when the 6.2L V8 with over 380hp is in the Silvy the might as well cry and lets no forget all the new HD GM trucks just around the block, but I thought they would be out buy now. (I saw one of there stupid commercials about you asking for it and you got it, and I GOT PISSED OFF!) And then the next commercial was the Silverado "This is our country with the MT Truck of the year award at the end!" Eat that Toyota. People buy GM trucks in many different trims and motors and that is good, so far almost all Tundras I have seen *the old styled ones* were Limited fully loaded with sunroof and perfect for the whimpy person who can't stand cloth or a vehicle without wood trim! :rolleyes: They each have different markets and Toyota trying so hard to bust into the ranching/farming construction/commerical area isn't going to work in-fact it will backfire. People our brand LOYAL with trucks... Hope the new Tundra sells like the old one 100K a year, and that I'll teach 'em don't mess with the real trucks and truck building compaines. :AH-HA_wink: When will the learn? :banghead:

Very well said, people don't "own" (when I say own i'm talking about driving it till the floor pans rust out) a truck because of price or a few extra horsepower. Real truck people own trucks because there dad owned one and that loyalty is what brings people back. Toyota is going to find it very hard to sell trucks without a group of people telling stories of how their Toyota did 20 years of hard farm work before it was parked behind the barn because there aren't any. They just don't seam to get that people don't buy trucks they "own" them, they get handed down (my first car was my dads old truck) and are subjected to wierd forms of torture (I drove my 93 Z71 into a pond to retrive a trailer that had rolled in buy accident).

i never seen a truck where i could lean my hand against the bed and the sheet metal buckles in like on a Saturn ion.

Besides my 01 silverado saved my own a 2 others lives at 70+ mph in to a cement barrier.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And they just made it safer.