Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Grand Am is now a fastback...

Posted Image

My house has kitty killers...

Posted Image

Yeah, it's nice to look at, but I hate it. It's freezing cold for one. I stepped outside and instantly felt a slap of cold air. I walked to the top of the hill, too. It was windy and felt like it was negative 20. Brr. The dirtroad was mostly ice with gravel sprinkled over it. Slippery. Everything has about 6 to 10 inches of snow covering it. As you can see, drifting snow turned my Grand Am into a fastback. My Millenia's doors are frozen shut and were impossible to open. My house has huge kitty killers on it. Some are taller than me. Then there's the hard roads with all the rust causing salt and disgusting slush.

Oh, I just love it... <_<:P

Edited by blackviper8891

I hate this :censored:! It makes my car look terrible. Bundling up with four layers of clothing just to stay warm sucks...I prefer the use of my knees and elbows. Bring on the spring.

Snow is nice to look at. It's fun to watch while it's falling, and I like when it sticks in the branches of trees. Once it's done falling, it can all go away as far as I'm concerned. It's the bitter cold I really hate. I went out to get the mail and do a little shoveling in the driveway, and it was just miserable. Spring and summer can't come fast enough for me.

I agree with all of the comments about the inconveniences and hassles of winter, but still I like it. Maybe I'm just making up excuses and justifications for it because I have to endure it too but in the same way that nature takes a rest in winter and rejuvinates itself in the spring, that's what it feels like it does for me. Living in an area where there are definite seasons, makes me more keenly aware of the passage of time and it makes me appreciate spring all the more when it arrives.

We were so spoiled here in SE PA right through December. Now winter is hitting us like a freight train. Not much snow here yet, but Monday is supposed to be 20 degrees for a high with hellacious wind chills. I like snow, but I prefer a nice, gentle snowstorm, about 25 degrees with no wind. I hate winter winds the most.

My wife took these on Tuesday at the farm house we are renting in Newfoundland ... of course, I'm currently back in Australia suffering through a heat wave. By the time I get back to Newfoundland, winter will be over, so after we buy our place there (and it'll be a few acres and will have a long driveway), I'll have time to buy a truck and fit it with a snow-plough blade and get a serious sized snow blower.

Yes, that's a garage door under the house in the last photo. It's not quite as bad as it looks, as the driveway to the garage is in a cutting, and the yard to the right is 3 to 4 feet higher than the driveway, but it's still pretty deep.

Even with all the snow, Newfoundland is so much better than the place we were at in Northern Manitoba, where they don't get as much snow, but temperatures below -40 degrees (and that's not the wind chill figure) are not uncommon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Our winter has been extremely mild until the beginning of last week. We got our first inch of snow Friday morning, and it melted by lunch. It's in the teens tonight, and it's supposed to be in the 20's for the rest of next week. I'd like one large snowstorm, just so it feels like the season. It'd be nice to get a snow day out of it too! :AH-HA_wink:

Yes, the snow can be a pain, the ice is bitch (I hate it), and the slush is ugly and the salt eats your car and makes it look gross (the Intrepid has like an inch layer from the scavenger hunt...need to wash it tomorrow)....but there are some things about snow I just love. I covers up all the ugly things and makes everything look pure and white.

Posted Image

from this morning.

BV, the GA looks good as a fastback :P

Also, I find that shoving yourself into the door gently loosens the ice. Then while pulling on the door handle use you other hand's finders and put them between the door frame and pull. That usually works.

My Grand Am is now a fastback...

*chuckles*

A few years before I bought my '81 MC from my parents, my sister was driving it. That winter, we had a nice snowfall (6+ inches) ... and the car looked like a MC SS Aerocoupe :).

Cool pics, bv.

As for winter ... bring on SPRING ... PLEASE! My goodness ... I can't stand cold weather ... or salt making my '87 MC LS look terrible :(.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm dying inside" ... The Tony Rich Project ... 'Nobody Knows'

Also, I find that shoving yourself into the door gently loosens the ice. Then while pulling on the door handle use you other hand's finders and put them between the door frame and pull. That usually works.

I pushed, pulled, pounded... it wasn't coming open. Course... I haven't been driving much lately anyways, so it's probably a weeks worth of ice securing it shut.

Anyways, to add to those pics, the snow drifts are insane. The snowplows can't seem to keep up with them. In some places, there's a good two feet of snow on the road. In others, there were huge 5ft drifts along the side of the road making it even narrower. I was riding around with a friend and nearly got stuck a few times... Also got ran into a drift by a car coming the other way. Must not have realized there wasn't a berm to pull off onto like usual.

GLOBAL WARMING!!! *clap, clap, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!* :)

After 7 weeks of cold and snow, the weather finally broke...upper 40s and sun yesterday and 60 and sunny today...woooohooo...enough to make me want to leave work early and drive around w/ the sunroof open and windows down.

It's been a relatively hard winter so far here in the Mile High City... and normally, March and April are our big snow months...but hopefully the coldest is over (it was -18 last Thurs. night).