Valentine Car Spotters Thread

ocnblu

Saw lots of interesting stuff leaving the girlfriend's this morning:

-ugly flat forest green '78 Fairmont wagon

-one of those ugly-ass 60's Jaguars everybody (myself included) gave Fly crap over for liking, completely restored and out on the road

-brand new pink Mary Kay Cadillac DTS

-new Boss 4.6 Mustang

-'72 Eldorado coupe

Saw lots of interesting stuff leaving the girlfriend's this morning:

-ugly flat forest green '78 Fairmont wagon

-one of those ugly-ass 60's Jaguars everybody (myself included) gave Fly crap over for liking, completely restored and out on the road

-brand new pink Mary Kay Cadillac DTS

-new Boss 4.6 Mustang

-'72 Eldorado coupe

Does your girlfriend live next door to "Obscure Cars Anonymous"?

I had to go down I 75 to Ohio yesterday to pick up some parts, and saw a carrier truck full of those nasty lime green chargers. Just one of those looks bad, a whole truck of them makes you want to throw up.

These bad boys...

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...&hl=charger

Edited by schuby87

Today was an excellent car spotting day, considering I spent lots of it driving around the OC...

I saw:

• lots of new Escalades
  • lots of HHRs
  • an Aston Martin outside the Ritz (the coupe, can't remember the name)
  • a CTS-V and an STS-V
  • 4 XLRs
  • a couple C6s
... but the coolest...

The new Callaway Corvette!

I saw

My first couple few Altimas, a silver one and a dark blue one. They looks pretty good.

• A dark blue Sebring
  • A white Aspen
  • A white refreshed Durango
  • And a brand new, dark blue Dodge Avenger pulling into the parking lot next to the school's. I gotta say it looks pretty damn good in person.
Edited by Dodgefan

4 Maserati Quattroportes

1 Maserati coupe

Some type of Maserati van

Ferrari F430

1950s Fiat 500

late 90s Buick Park Avenue (rare sight here)

1970 Cadillac Eldorado (extremely rare...the only old American car I've seen here so far)

More Smart cars than you can shake a stick at

Opels galore, Focuses and Fiestas galore

Some little three-wheeled truck called an "Ape"

2000 Crown Victoria (anther rare sight)

Lots of Porsche 911s

Porsche 944

2 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMGs

A couple MB S-Classes

A couple Chinese vehicles...I hope they never make it to the US

Lots of Alfa Romeos, Lancias, Fiats, and Citroens

Volkswagen Phaeton

Maybach 57S

Lots of Chrysler 300s, Chrysler Voyagers, and Jeep Grand Cherokees...more Chryslers here than I was expecting

Edited by mustang84

This Sunday I saw an absolutely perfect 50's Kaiser Manhattan in Highland Park and a Bugatti Veryron on Santa Monica Boulevard in Beverly Hills.

On the way to work today I saw a gorgeous black '59 Cadillac Sixty Special on Normandie at Beverly Blvd in the mid-city area. Cute guy driving it too.

Brand new '07 Sebring Limited sedan with 85 miles. I wrote an estimate on it for rocker panel damage. We do bodywork for the local Chrysler-Jeep dealership, and I got to talking to the dude who drove the car down to us, an employee of the dealership. He hates the Compass, "terrible, cheap", the Aspen, "Durango with a chrome grille", and Commander "Nice for 15 minutes until you realize 15 mpg". Edited by ocnblu

'07 Sebring Limited sedan. I wrote an estimate on it for rocker panel damage. We do bodywork for the local Chrysler-Jeep dealership, and I got to talking to the dude who drove the car down to us, an employee of the dealership. He hates the Compass, "terrible, cheap", the Aspen, "Durango with a chrome grille", and Commander "Nice for 15 minutes until you realize 15 mpg".

So what does he think of his Sebring?

New car, unsold. Dealership thinks the damage is a manufacturing problem because the dents are soft, the paint unblemished, and they're generally in the same area on both sides. They will take their case to Chrysler Engineering, along with my estimate and some digital pictures.

1977ish two door Nova in arrest me red with black stripes, built 350, ladder bars, and all the other cool stuff being driven by a very young kid; like, first car young. Glad to see at least ONE kid out there that doesn't get a boner over the thought of his first car being a Civic or an Eclipse. Also, and this absolutely boiled my blood, I saw a '73 Impala two-door at a local junkyard today (Lowell Used Auto; Dodgefan's favorite and don't ask me why because they SUCK) that's got a rebuilt motor, frame's done, body's done and in primer, and has brand new wheels and tires on it. This is quite literally an abandoned project. You supply the interior (dash and column are still in it but nothing else) and a grille and some front and rear bumpers and paint the thing and you're off to the races. The price? NOT FOR SALE! But not because someone at the yard scooped it for themself, oh no. It's because the owner of the junkyard REFUSES to sell it whole because he says it's worth more to him in parts. This car is 80% of the way to being back on the road and sadly that's as far as she'll ever get. So close and yet so far away........