Our Driveway...

NOS2006

Well, it might be changing big time within the next 6 months or so.

First, I've got a guy that's pretty interested in the Camaro (finally threw it in AutoTrader last week), so that should hopefully be gone soon, leaving space for another Camaro. A new addition to the driveway would be the '87-92 Camaro IROC 5.7L my dad's looking to find and rebuild. He's taking most of his bonus and splurging on a car when he finds one.

Second, the lease on my mom's '05 4.7L Durango is up in June or so, and my parents are seriously considering getting an Acadia in the driveway. As I mentioned in the GMC forum, I took my parents up to the GMC dealer the other day and they loved the way the Acadia looked, inside and out. My mom is planning on taking one for a test drive sometime this week, which should seal the deal I'm hoping.

Third, and most surprising to me, is that my dad is looking to get rid of the '05 Grand Prix. You see, he leased it about a year or two ago so that my sister could jump in it when she starts driving, with the intention of buying it after the lease was up. Well, he came home yesterday and asked her what she'd think of him trading the GP in for a brand new G5. She liked the idea, but she prefers how the Cobalt Coupe looks. So, I'm thinking she might be getting a blue Cobalt Coupe LS with a few options on it. Pleasant surprise, I might add. They really like the GP, but I think he's looking for the cheaper payment so they can afford the Acadia and project Camaro.

So, in total, that would mean we'd have a 1990 Cavalier Coupe (for insurance purposes), 1987-1992 Camaro IROC, 2006 Cobalt SS/SC, 2007 Cobalt Coupe LS (or 2007 G5), and a 2007 Acadia SLE: five GM vehicles, three of which being pretty damn new. :thumbsup:

I've done my part in getting my family to change completely over to GM! (Oh, I might add that when I started this site, we had the '90 Cavalier, '98 Camaro, 2003 Durango; the only new vehicles my parents were buying where DCX vehicles.)

My parents don't care about the materials. They're going with what they like the most. Plus, they've got a really good dealer at the Pontiac/GMC dealership that they're going through.

My dad's wanted a late third gen Camaro ever since my mom wrecked his in '88. Now he's got an opportunity and willingness to buy one and work on it; it's his dream car.

Edited by NOS2006

IROCs are cool. Actually, all the 85+ Z28s and IROCs are lookers, especially the convertibles. It is only a matter of time before the collector market recognizes them and their value skyrockets.

My parents don't care about the materials. They're going with what they like the most. Plus, they've got a really good dealer at the Pontiac/GMC dealership that they're going through.

I still think you should check out the Outlook. It's nicer and less expensive, and it really doesn't make any sense to me why you would pick the Acadia unless you had to have HUD or just liked the way it looked much, much better. The Saturn dealership experience will also be second to none.

I still think you should check out the Outlook. It's nicer and less expensive, and it really doesn't make any sense to me why you would pick the Acadia unless you had to have HUD or just liked the way it looked much, much better. The Saturn dealership experience will also be second to none.

HUD would be a big selling point to me, and the front end of the Acadia does look better IMO, but I still don't like the acadia tails too much, so it would be a tough decision for me if I were in the market.

Our driveway hasn't changed in a year and one day officially. Brother's 98 Sunfire GT Coupe, Dad's 2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD, Mom's 2003 Chevy Impala, and my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee which I have officially owned for a year yesterday! My mom is hoping that when they move in about a year or so she can talk my dad into buying her a G8 with the 3.6!

Holy Cow! What's up with this '66 Electra 225 hardtop? :wub:

Our driveway needs a Lucerne.

You just LOOOOVE those FWD Cadillac-STS wannabes huh?

Guest YellowJacket894

My driveway needs one of these . . .

Posted Image

Things just keep breaking on my old S10 and I just don't have the money to fix all of what's wrong with it. You should have listened to the wiper blades before I replaced them -- one sounded like a f@#king flip-flop and the other was like fingernails going down a blackboard. :lol:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Its not foreign.

Sixty8 ===> :pokeowned:

:P

------------

Ours is going to be pretty static, with the exception of my dad looking to replace the '97 Skylark with something newer and more "him" (he inherited that car from my grandfather).

Mom started talking about replacing the Venture recently, and we've narrowed the choices down to an '07 Grand Caravan SXT Special Edition, an '08 Grand Caravan SXT 4.0L (if she can wait 'till fall), or an '07 Outlook XR (the one I hope we end up going for).

I, on the other hand, will add one of these to my driveway someday:

Posted Image

My driveway won't change..much.

I might upgrade the wagon (my beater)-though depending on where my new job lands-I may just finishing fixing what it needs and drive it a while longer. Though if I do replace it, it would be an older GM sedan (Malibu, Grand Am, Cavalier)

The other two are close to being paid off (wife's coming up sooner)

But I'd like to save some money for a good down payment, so I plan to hold out until at least sometime next year....

THough it wouldn't surprise me to have a saturn driveway ( Vue, Astra) by the end of 08... :AH-HA_wink:

My driveway needs a 2003 Chevrolet Z06.

It has not changed much since my Lumina and TSX. I need a rear driver.

Speaking of Lumina it has been 5 years yesterday since my foster momma gave it to me (I rather bought it from her). ---> Valentine's gift for a single kid huh?

It had 70,069 on the odo. Now in 5 years 152,092.

I love that thing.

The best fuel economy I got is 32.2 highway from Indiana to WV.

The worst was 19.1 just before I had to change the head gaskets on it. (The EPA rating is 19/29)

Problems so far

Break Change 2 times (79,140 and 132,651) ($115 for the first one and $132 for the second)

Head Gasket at 114,770 miles ($1,129)

Front Left Tie Rod at 88,960 ($152)

New Michelin Destiny tires at 102,142 ($402)

Alternator and Battery Change at 99,462 ($231)

Since the head gasket change, the fuel economy has never jumped beyond 28.3 I dunno why.

I love my dear old W-body.

May be later when I have some dough, I will like to put an LS in it.

Fly:

I'd rather "sell out" & buy a Japanese daily driver for me &

Marcia that's RWD than buy another FWD moneypit just to

say I have a Cadillac. RWD is much more fun to drive, it

is much better in terms of durrability, ease of maintenance,

and looks much better. (I hate FWD proportions) Not to

mention as awsome as the STS looks, since it is a rare

exception to above rule, its roofline is VERY annoying when

you have to deal with car seats & getting a toddler in & out.

The Q45's taller roofline and larger rear doors make it a

MUCH better family car.

Things were different back in 2002 when I bought my STS.

Now I know why they go for penie$ on the dollar used.

But if I HAD to have another FWD luxury sedan with repair

bills as drastic as the STS then I'd much rather actually

HAVE a Cadillac and not a Buick. That's just me.

I also resent the Lucerne because now that the novelty of

its design has worn off the Park Ave is a much better car,

I actually tried to "settle" for a Park Ave Ultra but Marcia

did NOT like it for its conservative styling and grandma

stigmata. Same with all the B-dody siblings, Roadmaster,

Caprice Classic, Fleetwood Brougham, not to mention the

Grand Marquis, Crown Vic. (she's not a Ford fan either)

So she was shooting down all my ideas & wanted another

STS over all the above mentioned. The Q45 was the 1st

car I found she was happy with as well as I. That's called

a compromise. SHe would have been hapy with a B-body

Impala SS but those were scarce and either beat to hell

or out of our price range.