20th Anniversary Edition Corolla

I can't contain myself...rush to your Canadian Toyota dealer to pick up the special 20th Anniversary Edition Corolla! Toyota really went all-out on this one!

Posted Image

Now these Canadian-built beauties deliver something special – the Corolla 20th Anniversary Edition. Available on the Corolla CE model, this package features the following:

+

Aluminum Alloy Wheels

+

Air Conditioning (the WONDERS of modern technology)

+

Power Windows with Driver Side Auto Down

+

Dust, Pollen, Deodorizing Air Filter

+

Power Moonroof

+

20th Anniversary Edition Badging

+

Power Auto Door Lock with Shifter Activation (Automatic only)

+

Keyless Entry

+

Power Door Locks

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WW...s100002e%2ehtml

I can't contain myself...rush to Enterprise to rent the special 20th Anniversary Edition Corolla!

Fixed.

Wow. Two decades of mediocrity and junk.

Oh and even better, the 20th anniv package is simply bringing a junk CE up to a junk LE trim level! :rotflmao:

The air filtration is kinda cool, I didn't know you could get that feature in this class. The rest of it is lame and screams suckage...especially those wheels. They look like the ugly, crappy Wal-Mart hub caps turned into wheels.

Umm, my subcompact Corsa has air filtration. Standard. Whoop-de-do

The Cobalt has the filter, too. You guys should see the Corolla Sport, with the skirting package, alloys and spoiler - now that is funny. What is funnier is that people will pay nearly two grand more for the ugly plastics on the Sport without one iota of performance enhancement. I mean, at least the Cobalt SS gives a bigger engine, wheels, tires, suspension improvements.............

Just goes to show how stupid people are becoming. No doubt Toyota will sell every one of these pathetic little cars. I don't mind losing a sale to the Mazda 3 (well, I do) but I cry myself to sleep when I lose a Cobalt sale to the Corolla - unless it is an 80 year old Chinese woman!

The air filtration is kinda cool, I didn't know you could get that feature in this class. The rest of it is lame and screams suckage...especially those wheels. They look like the ugly, crappy Wal-Mart hub caps turned into wheels.

I didn't know when I bought it, but my Cobalt has this too.

I was a little confused when the opened up my glove box and pulled out an air filter.

What are they celebrating the 20th anniversary of? The Corolla has been around a lot longet than 20 years, Toyota is older than 20 years, heck, the Corolla has even been front-drive for more than 20 years. I don't get it. . . :huh:

What are they celebrating the 20th anniversary of? The Corolla has been around a lot longet than 20 years, Toyota is older than 20 years, heck, the Corolla has even been front-drive for more than 20 years. I don't get it. . . :huh:

Maybe it's to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Toyota (or maybe just the Corolla) in Canada?

Umm, my subcompact Corsa has air filtration. Standard. Whoop-de-do

Well excuse me, I didn't know it was available on small cars.

I didn't know when I bought it, but my Cobalt has this too.

I was a little confused when the opened up my glove box and pulled out an air filter.

That's cool, air filters are nice for people who have allergies. I didn't know they were available on low priced cars (I don't keep track of what car has an air filter). :P

Kinda what I was thinking... I patched up a 4 year old Corolla that had collapsed strut towers (due to rust) back in 1980, back in vocational school auto body class. Guess they don't wan't to aknowledge any Corollas built before 1987??? Is Toyoturd ashamed of their earlier efforts? Makes one wonder...

Just because it's mind-numbingly popular doesn't mean it's great.

Analogy: Paris Hilton

True, like the Cavalier..it was popular and a big seller for decades, but was still a $h!box.

I guess this is 20th anniv. of the Corolla built in Canada?

True, like the Cavalier..it was popular and a big seller for decades, but was still a $h!box.

I guess this is 20th anniv. of the Corolla built in Canada?

I think you're right, but...

Maybe the 20th anniversary of the last reasonably interesting Corolla? The sporty rear-drive ones (SR5 and GT-S) died out in 1987.

Oh yeah, junk, they are the most boring cars in the world, but if they're such junk, how come I see so many '89 Rollas with 500,000 km still driving around?

CRAP, and total BS. With the rust problem that we have up here, there are not that many older Corollas or Civics from that era left - certainly not with a 1/2 million kilometers. I would not fault Toyota's drivetrain, but their bodies were not all that great in the '80s, so if you are seeing any clunkers still around, I would doubt very much that they have that much mileage on them. NOt around here. Maybe in B.C. or Arizona :lol:

In fact, we have a fine specimen on our front lawn advertising Car Heaven!!! Rust everywhere!

I love how people call them "Rollas" like they're something more than a cheap, boring economy car. One of the most ridiculous phrases has to be "rollin' in my 'rolla"

Haven't heard that one... funny. In a similar vein, I used to work with a guy that had a Chevette and always referred to it as 'the 'Vette'...