Take

I wrote this two days ago about dealing with the $h! I feel after going through a bad breakup....I've been writing for along time and thought you guys might want to read this, given Camino's lyric thread. Hope you guys like and please let me know what you think.

Take

My days so empty, yet I can never find

Time to ease the pain plaguing my mind

Endless thoughts of sadness

Drifting further away from the world into madness

Loneliness my only companion

I’m falling, falling into the abyss

The taste of your lips, I’ll always miss

Consumed with hate, my misguided fate

A lost soul, this gapping hole

Ripped my heart from my chest

Placed it on display for the world to see

Is this a dream or have you totally erased me?

My search for happiness never to be realized

Longing for the gleam in your brown eyes

With a smile on your face…

You took away, all that was left of me

All my dreams and my hope

Gave up addictions that helped me cope

Now I hear the demons inside

Telling me to make it all go away…

With just one line

And you’re so far away

Not caring whether I live or die

Never again will I hear your voice, and all your lies

You’re all I wanted

All I needed

You’re all I lived for

Now I’m dead

All gone, it’s all gone

You took it all away

My life left to live

I’ve got nothing more to give

I've been there dude, TRUST me.

Good poem, keep your chin up, there's a girl out there somewhere

that will make you forget your Fiance and make you happier than

you ever thought possible.

It took seven years for Julie and me to get it right, but now that we

have and we're together finally, really a couple for the first time I

am absolutely thrilled. She makes me happier than I ever thought

I could be after all the B.S. I've been dealing with (Marcia) in the

past few months, and for that matter years.

After being married a number of years, my suggestion is to just buy a dog! Dogs are always happy to see you when you come home and they have much love to give, unlike a GF or Wife. Dogs only live, on average 10 - 12 years, unlike a GF or a Wife who could be around a lifetime and never happy to see you come home! :smilewide:

Guest YellowJacket894

Very good, man. I could see that working out as a decent metal-tinged song. And it's so brutal and open. Props. :cheers:

Like others have said, art (writing, drawing, music, etc.) is ... well, pretty much one of only a few ways to release from more poisonous, consuming thoughts. It's good for the mind, to say the very least. :)

Don't mind if I share two of my own do you? Granted, these are both very old, and poorly written, but ah.

"Like A Good Neighbor"

When morning sunlight arose, I drifted from peaceful slumber nailed down to your cross. Hell arose with its burning embers in my palms and feet. I am no martyr; however I will die only for myself. I am selfish. There is no reason to alleviate myself of life for your pitiful honor as I am not like the man borne on the lumber next to me. As you spit in my eyes, drink this blood, and break my body, while mocking the soul and devouring the spirit, my eyes close. I refuse to hear you. I refuse to acknowledge you. Nothing will break me. I can only arise from the ashes you've scattered amongst the wreckage. When my ugly head shall be reared again, when you speak of devils with my name, revenge will be repaid tenfold. Replace these lies with justice and let dead friends rest in peace. Miracles only come to those who are willing to steal them and sin like singular men. And the hard work honest saints spend for those heavenly gifts result in failure. But if we ultimately abandon the ones who care for mankind, then let me ask who will be the good neighbor that will be there saying prayer next to your dying bed?

"Sixteen"

I have listened to the only voice of beauty. No, never was that voice a venomous, shrill siren. It was a soft echo of something forgotten and familiar, such a sound of grace worthy of the holiest of angels. And only it could calm the storm that raged within myself. I hope I never lose that voice, it's words, each meaningful thought. Such a powerful thing; it always could bring out the saint in this lowly man. Now I cannot forsee a future without it there to comfort me. So may I still my impatient nature and wish away my sharp and bitter tongue. But please forgive me shall I damn this temptation from the wretched legion who could only hope to be burned by the wax of the candle they desire to hold up to you. Never may my heart grow weary, never may I fear the obstacles in my path for I am going to meet you. Soon.

... And YJ kills another thread! :smilewide:

Thanks Fly, appreciate it :)

Now you Mr. Jacket, you've gone and hijacked my thread :fryingpan:

I thought they were both good, but if you've improved since then, maybe wee need to see a more recent one.

Guest YellowJacket894

Now you Mr. Jacket, you've gone and hijacked my thread :fryingpan:

:smilewide:

I thought they were both good, but if you've improved since then, maybe wee need to see a more recent one.

I haven't written in a long time. Maybe I should give it a shot sometime soon. :)

Now just turn the last stanza into a chorus, add guitar, bass and drums, and the occasional screaming, and tada: emo music.

Not the most empathetic thing I could have said, but I had to say it.

It takes a lot of time to heal. Sooner or later you'll find that life has taken on a new rhythm, and likely, it will be better than it was before.

As part of my wind down after a relationship, I wrote a song that was, in essence, the ending of Romeo and Juliet. Reading it some years later, it's absolute whiny crap.

good poem. Sometimes on paper is the hardest way to express things.

not exactly the same intent, but in the wedding singer, adam sandler attempts to make a light humor about writing a song after a breakup. If you've seen the movie you know what I am talking about. the part about 'put a buller in my head'......

'i was listening to the cure when i wrote that one'.

Now just turn the last stanza into a chorus, add guitar, bass and drums, and the occasional screaming, and tada: emo music.

emo music? :puke:

think more along the lines of Alice in Chains :AH-HA_wink:

Guest YellowJacket894

emo music? :puke:

think more along the lines of Alice in Chains :AH-HA_wink:

This man has his head in the right place. :thumbsup:8)

I could see that poem on Dirt, to be honest.

This man has his head in the right place. :thumbsup:8)

I could see that poem on Dirt, to be honest.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it and take it as compliment, I love Alice in Chains....I was thinking more melodic however, like Jar Of Flies :AH-HA_wink:

It does get rough man, especially with the crap I went through with my ex-wife, but always remember the one IS out there. A woman that with one eye blink can make everything miserable in your mind go away. I'm lucky enough to have found mine and someday you will find your's.

I wrote this two days ago about dealing with the $h! I feel after going through a bad breakup....I've been writing for along time and thought you guys might want to read this, given Camino's lyric thread. Hope you guys like and please let me know what you think.

Wow, you Bronx types are that literate? Just kidding...one WOP ribbing another. Seriously, the words show a lot of thought. You process things very differently than I do. I was only dumped in the early years. When it happened, I made it a point to be psychologically incisive, knowing where the insecurity spots were. You will process this and move on, to be sure. If you can do the dog thing, do it. There is NOTHING cooler than a dog. NOTHING.