1985 Diesel Caprice coupe

looks good...

oooooooo look at the radio!!!! :lol: the window sticker looks more like it says chery (hand written)

but seriously, looks like it's in great shape.

cool find, esp since it's a coupe/diesel

As awsome as that car is, it's not worth $14K.

And I think that the GM designers in the 80's could only use squares, rectangles and 90 degree angles on every surface...Every car of the 80's from GM had square or rectangular everything...and yes, the brushed aluminum trim was so badly done. Not as bad as the ENTIRE dash on the Aries K being faux brushed...And those chrome strips on the seat backs would get so hot that you would get burned going into the back seats on a two door. Oh, the memories.

Back in '93-'95, a college friend of mine uncle owned a 1990 Caprice Classic Brougham in black with I think a gray interior. He kept it spotless and absoulutely loved it. He was in his 60s at the time and I believe he said it was going to be his last new car. His uncle retired in '95, when my friend graduated, and they all moved back to Texas (his uncle was a professor at the college) with the car in tow.

A neighbor where I grew up owned nothing but Caprices. I remember he had several of the '80s versions, but the one I liked best was his '91 or '92 Caprice Classic/LTZ. Not too many people like the "bath tub" 1991+ style (outside of the '94-'96 Impala SS), but if I had the opportunity to pick one up in nice shape for cheap, I would. I often pass an elderly owned '91-'93 Caprice Classic in white with blue interior. I'm waiting for the day I see a for sale sign in it's window :lol:

Some of you guys must be diehard GM fans, or diehard big Chevy fans, or something!

My buddy owned TONS of those mid 1980s full size Chevys, his Dad used them as cabs.

I won't give my opinion on them, it wasn't a glowing memory.

LOL!!!!!!!

Diesel is cool as a rare option, but the 350 Olds gas engine based diesel was a nightmare. It was never thought of as a very good diesel, and for good reason. 105 horsepower and low revving didn't make for a screamin machine?

Google search "350 diesel olds" or "gas diesel olds 350" or the like, take a look! I worked on many!

Not too many people like the "bath tub" 1991+ style (outside of the '94-'96 Impala SS), but if I had the opportunity to pick one up in nice shape for cheap, I would.

My buddy and his Dad HATED the bathtub cars when they came out, they refused to buy any for taxis for years, then finally gave in. They weren't in love with them, frequent repairs and maintenance costs drove them crazy. They liked the older "square" cars better, but were eventually forbidden from using them, their license required cars only a few years old.

Not too many people like the "bath tub" 1991+ style (outside of the '94-'96 Impala SS)

Isn't that interesting?

I'm the same way ... I don't like that style ... but, I like it as the Impala SS. Amazing what a few differences can do to make a car look different/better.

Course, I loved it that the Impala featured the Impala emblem ... and was disappointed that the Caprice didn't feature the Caprice moniker.

Back in those days, someone here in town bought one of those "bath tub" Caprices and replaced the bowtie hood ornament with one from an '87/'88 Caprice ... and also replaced the wheels with the wire hubcaps of the late '80s vintage Caprices as well. As I recall, he also put the Caprice emblem on the sides of the car and at least one on the back end, too.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Nothing's quite the same now" ... Vertical Horizon ... 'Best I Ever Had'

Once they changed the Caprice for 1991 jmy dad wouldnt buy one either. Thats why he kept the 1985 in the shape its in now. I didnt mind the 1991-96 one so much after they redid the rear end for 1993. As you all can tell I am a fan of the 1977-90 B-bodies. That 1985 Diesel sounds like a cool deal for the right person. I would rather have what I have in mine. The 305 V8 with the 4-barrel carburetor. With the exception of a few scratches on the climate control panel where somebody had long fingernails mine is in nearly the same shape this one is. Well...... Mine has 117,000 miles but still it is in nearly the same shape.

See the attached pics for the Caprices I prefer ('91-'92). I like the rear quarter panel design that partially covers the rear wheel; however, this was one of the biggest complaints at the time, hence GM redesigning the quarter panel (by opening up the wheel well) for the '93 m-y (as seen in the gray one from Ninety-Eight's post).

post-418-1185629778_thumb.jpg

post-418-1185629784_thumb.jpg

post-418-1185629795_thumb.jpg