HHR freshened
Mid-sized crossover debuts
Colorado freshened

Equinox restyled, re-engineered
Avalanche freshening likely
Silverado freshening likely

HHR redesigned

----------------------

HHR: GM will add a turbocharged HHR SS for the 2008 model year, featuring a 260-hp four-cylinder engine.

The HHR will be freshened for the 2009 model year; a redesign is slated for the 2011 model year. Much, if not all, of the retro styling theme is expected to be abandoned.

Equinox: The 2010 model will be restyled and re-engineered.

Crossover: Chevrolet will add a mid-sized crossover for the 2009 model year based on GM's Lambda vehicle architecture. It will be assembled in Spring Hill, Tenn., where the Saturn Vue crossover had been produced. The vehicle will complement GM's other Lambda crossovers offered by Buick, GMC and Saturn.

The Chevy crossover will target TrailBlazer and minivan owners.

Trailblazer: GM will phase out the SUV because of disappointing sales and high fuel prices.

Tahoe, Suburban: The Tahoe and Suburban will be restyled and re-engineered for the 2012 model year.

Avalanche: GM likely will freshen the pickup for the 2010 model year; a restyling and re-engineering is likely for the 2012 model year.

Colorado: A freshening of the small pickup is planned for the 2009 model year. A redesign is slated for the 2012 model year, based on GM's GMT700 platform.

Silverado: GM's hybrid pickups are due for the 2009 model year. They will have a Two Mode hybrid system GM will share with the 2009 Dodge Durango and Chrysler Aspen and an unspecified BMW vehicle or vehicles.

GM likely will freshen the Silverado for the 2010 model year.

Uplander: Chevy's slow-selling minivan apparently still has a lot of life; GM is expected to continue production into 2009.

Express: No major changes are expected.

Equinox: The 2010 model will be restyled and re-engineered.

It needs attention NOW!

Colorado: A freshening of the small pickup is planned for the 2009 model year. A redesign is slated for the 2012 model year, based on GM's GMT700 platform.

That's a LONG time for the Colorado to linger. At least the Chevy truck line up will be awesome in 2012, if GM can make it until then.

Isn't that the new H4 platform? :smilewide:

It has been hinted that the Brazil BOF platform would underpin the next Colorado/Canyon as well as a Hummer version. It has even been thrown around that it could possibly have a car variant!

68 don't wet yourself over the thought of a modern BOF RWD car just yet. It was a hint that it was possible not that it was happening.

'...Trailblazer: GM will phase out the SUV because of disappointing sales and high fuel prices....'

i guess i am one of those buyers who isn't shrinking as fast as the

vehicles GM is going to be marketing. neither my stuff nor my

passengers fit into a smaller cube.

my family likes the Trailblazer form factor and if GM doesn't sell

one, i will buy another mfg who does.

high fuel ...

why not (this to GM) lighten the trucks you design?

or offer a hybrid option on them and allow

the market to decide if the buyer wants to pay

for both space size and mileage benefits.

i guess i am one of those buyers who isn't shrinking as fast as the

vehicles GM is going to be marketing. neither my stuff nor my

passengers fit into a smaller cube.

my family likes the Trailblazer form factor and if GM doesn't sell

one, i will buy another mfg who does.

high fuel ...

why not (this to GM) lighten the trucks you design?

or offer a hybrid option on them and allow

the market to decide if the buyer wants to pay

for both space size and mileage benefits.

What if the Trailblazer were replaced with a Chevy version of the Acadia?

GMT700 Colorado not until 2012!!!??? That better be one hell of a refreshening or GM will have a Ford Ranger on its hands in the small pickup market. GM needs to put much more work into its SMALL cars and trucks. Small is big..I would never buy small but a lot of people do.

thats my biggest fear. the s-10 stayed esentually the same from 94 all the way to 2004... 10 years is a long time for a designed to be running around. my buddy has an 07 ranger and even he complains about the styling being unchanged.

HHR should die. PT is dying. Just buy a VUE or Equinox instead.

The HHR sold almost 13,000 vehicles last month. The Cobalt sold just 2000 more and the Impala much better at 21000. Of course the Silverado and Sierra sold more. However no Epsilon mid size car sold more than HHR. No Lambda sold more than HHR. No Pontiac, Buick, or Saturn sold more than HHR. No Epsilon sold more than HHR.

HHR should die.

Why again?

So...nobody got my hint when I said Alpha about the Colorado? Man what more can I say but V8.

factory v8 has me giddy but i'll wait for the new body style to come out. my 04 has a yr and 10 months on the book still and just a v8 doesnt justify 5 more years. i am however interested to see that black granite metallic on the lot.

• 3 months later...