Name an ethnic cuisine you tend to crave A LOT.

Mexican, Italian, and Chinese may as well be American...they don't count.

Need to try Cuban...

Haven't had Ethiopian in a minute.....

But dammit, I feel like I can eat Indian food three times a week, two days in a row, and never get sick of it.

Got so bad that one month, I decided I had to avoid the Indian spots.

I can get with most all Indian cooking, from spinach curry (sag) to tandoori chicken drumsticks (best dark meat there is, second only to tandoori thighs) to gulab jamun.

I mean, really, I just did the Indian buffet over the weekend, and I'm looking to see if I feel like paying $11 to go this week.

Any of you guys like this?

I love Thai and Indian in particular. I also get a craving for Middle Eastern (particularly Lebanese)...there is a really good Lebanese restaurant a few min from my office I find my self going there every couple of weeks. I have Cuban once in a while, only a couple of Cuban restaurants here. Love Vietnamese, esp. rice bowls and pho.

I went w/ an Indian friend to a high-end Indian place Sunday night..way out in the southwest suburbs, great view of the mountains and had some dal (lentils), chilli chicken for an appetizer, garlic naan, a couple Kingfishers, and something they call chicken pepper fry..delicious. Dinner conversation was funny, we mostly talked about Scranton, PA, where he travels to every other week for work.

Chutneys

Ecuadorian & Thai food.

Some terms you should know in Spanish, when ordering South American food.

A la brasa/A la plancha or A la parilla: - grilled

Al vapor: - steamed

Apanado: - batter-fried/breaded

Brosterizado: - deep-fried

Encocado: - stewed in coconut milk

Frito: - pan-fried

Hornado: - roasted

Reventado: - skillet-fried

Seco: - stewed meat plate

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Wow... I've never heard of a Cuban, Equadorian or Ethiopian restaurant. I thought Ethiopians were starving and ate whatever they could find???

Wow.

You live in Toronto and don't get any of this? Never seen Ethiopians in your city?

Wow.

You live in Toronto and don't get any of this? Never seen Ethiopians in your city?

I'm sure that those restaurants probably exist somewhere.

In the area where I live and especially the area around my company's head office, it's pretty much all Asian food. Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, Viet. That pretty much sums it up.

Gosh guys, around here I just crave the usual Mexican. There is a dish called "cincronecatas" that is like a quesadilla with a corn tortilla. Its filled with ham, jack cheese, onions, and tomatoes. Very good!

Mexican, Greek, Thai, and Chinese are the ones I like...I've had Japanese before but wasn't really a fan. A buddy of mine goes to an Ethiopian restaurant in Des Moines...I might have to try it out sometime. Authentic Italian food is great too, probably my favorite. There's a little restaurant near 6th and Mulberry called the Trattoria...it's pretty much like being back in Italy.

Edited by mustang84

I thought Ethiopians were starving and ate whatever they could find???

You know, that's the first thing I thought when I was invited to dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant, but it was some of the most delicious food I've ever had.

For me it's sushi as well. I think I could eat it every day and not get tired..

Really enjoy Thai, Indian, Viet and Middle Eastern food. Have them all at least a few times a month as the restaurants are all within a few miles of home. I've had Ethiopian too but many years ago, have to have it again soon to dash my memory. Not a big sushi fan.

Greek food is awesome. I love all the fresh flavors in that and Italian. A Gyro does sound good.

KC, bud, glad to see you're back.

Greek food is something I actually get a craving for. I love it. I don't crave Italian food, but I think that it is generally better cuisine and tend to like it more...especially when it's Italian and NOT Eye-talian (oval casserole hiding contents under a skin of mozzarella and cooked by a Hispanic chef that has cooked at many of these restaurants).

KC, the Mykonos lunch buffet* on Centre Street in Calgary is now G.U. (geographically undesirable) for you!

*drooling thinking about it!

It sure is. I miss that place. The best food in CGY. I moved down to Montana after ahe breakup of my relationship. I am close enough to go up for weekend trips.

After rereading these posts, I am hungry for a gyro.

I love Thai and Indian in particular. I also get a craving for Middle Eastern (particularly Lebanese)...there is a really good Lebanese restaurant a few min from my office I find my self going there every couple of weeks. I have Cuban once in a while, only a couple of Cuban restaurants here. Love Vietnamese, esp. rice bowls and pho.

I went w/ an Indian friend to a high-end Indian place Sunday night..way out in the southwest suburbs, great view of the mountains and had some dal (lentils), chilli chicken for an appetizer, garlic naan, a couple Kingfishers, and something they call chicken pepper fry..delicious. Dinner conversation was funny, we mostly talked about Scranton, PA, where he travels to every other week for work.

Chutneys

I heart garlic naan

I recently found one of those pre-made dips at the grocery store.

Wasabi Hummus.

Yes, they make it... and I doubt anyone but me buys it! :lol:

I really like it, but seriously, what a wierd product idea!

Mmmmmm... I'd like to try that. I had some wasabi-flavored macadameia nuts in Hawaii...they rocked.

Toronto is fantastic for different food... and I crave too much of it regularly.

Greek food- best gyros in the city at Messini on the Danforth

Japanese- for a regular meal, Big Sushi on Bloor is my favorite... I went to an all you can eat sushi place last week called Echo Sushi on Yonge Street in Davisville that was very good too.

Thai- I don't even know if it's 'real', but I love Green Mango spots.

I've been meaning to get out to El Asador for some real Mexican food too- another place on Bloor in the Annex.

Even Korean?

I love it. The little appetizer dishes (fermented cucumber, sesame oil vermicelli, kimchi, potato salad, cold spinach), the BBQ, the seafood pancake (if crispy enough), the bi bim bap (rice cooked in stone pot)... you just need to find a good restaurant.

Come to think of it, I have been craving some good Ukrainian Borsht, Perogies etc... Oh well, I guess I'll have to poke my grandmother for her recipies again!

Ukrainian food is win. My Baba always used to make big batches of fresh, doughy perogies filled with potato, green onion and bacon. I also learned to make a decent Borscht with cream.

I always like a good, spicy curry, and of course, Mexican and Italian. However, I could never do Asian foods. I tried sushi, but I could never get over the thought of eating raw fish.

Ukrainian food is win. My Baba always used to make big batches of fresh, doughy perogies filled with potato, green onion and bacon. I also learned to make a decent Borscht with cream.

I always like a good, spicy curry, and of course, Mexican and Italian. However, I could never do Asian foods. I tried sushi, but I could never get over the thought of eating raw fish.

So far, My Baba's only parted with her Lazy Holubtsi recipe but she'll soon give me her Borscht one.. I just need the Kapusta one after that.

I knew you when outsidenews use to let you post there, at that time you were in school. I was wondering if you still are in school.

I haven't been in school properly since 2002. And I was on GMI well after that. So I think you're confusing some aspect of my glorious past.

BTW- I pulled myself from 'outside news'- it was completely 100% my decision- and I'm the one who got my posts pulled as well. Whatever 'banning' they've done since then (apparently no one can even post a link to my blog for example) is of their own doing and if you ask me, shows more than a little paranoia.

I haven't been in school properly since 2002. And I was on GMI well after that. So I think you're confusing some aspect of my glorious past.

BTW- I pulled myself from 'outside news'- it was completely 100% my decision- and I'm the one who got my posts pulled as well. Whatever 'banning' they've done since then (apparently no one can even post a link to my blog for example) is of their own doing and if you ask me, shows more than a little paranoia.

Exactly, many people have left there. Soon all they will be left with at outsidenews are people who think and say whatever their admins believe to be true. Very sad what goes on there, to say the least! :nono:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S