acura tl with issues

Dsuupr

Last night I went out with our boy in his 2007 acura tl (little over 5500 miles). While in the car I was struck by how many things just don’t fit right, how it squeaks over bumps, and how it has issues.

1. When accelerating it makes a grinding sound. Something he is taking it in for.

2. The right rear quarter panel on the outside does not lineup with the bumper. Bad enough that he is going to make the dealer fix it. He has seen multiple other tls with the same problem so he is not sure they can line it up.

Posted Image

3. The dash is lumpy on the passenger’s side.

4. The upper part of center console is wavy where it meets the dash. It looks like it’s been left out in the sun too long so it warped.

Posted Image

LOVE that honda / acura quality!?

BTW; Not a panel or interior piece on our HHR or our previous Cobalt look sun beaten or out of alignment.

Well you can tell your son about 1.5% of his purchase price went to CR. :P

Yes, TL specifically, they're usually great cars and fun to drive.

BUT, people have had common bugs since the redesign--despite the initial impression, rattles and squeaks were quite common, as were a few random mechanical noises. Still, not everyone has issues, but there are some things that are just "typical" in regards to online owner's boards (i.e. "my new one doesn't have any rattles", etc.).

They're still fantastic, and I know a few colleagues with nothing but joy in regards to theirs. But, they too can have bugs, even from a "vaunted" automaker.

Edited by caddycruiser

blackviper8891 - my 1/2 the price HHR and our previous Cobalt didn't have these issues.

Keep in mind. I'm trying to also point out that 95% of the articles written about acuras do not state any issues, yet his has many.

The point is --as alluded to by 98-- is that hondacuras are not supposed to have ANY of these issues, whereas Pontiacs & Chevys are supposed to be loaded with them. Consider acura's mention here as a a public service / 'perception correction'.

Again, you're point is? Public perception is one thing, but we're all enthusiasts here. Why defend something so redundant, especially when one could easily find the same thing with nearly every manufacturer. No make is perfect and we all know that. The above is a rather pitiful excuse and is basically you justifying these problems occurring in a lowly Chevrolet.

If you want something to justify...

Posted Image

'blackviper8891' =>>"Again, you're point is?"<<

Again, it's a public service / perception correction. FAR more people read these boards than post on them- undoubtedly many of them come here as non-enthusiasts to learn.

You may have made up your mind, but not everyone else has. Even among us enthusiasts, who 'know it all', opinions of 'facts' vary w i d e l y.

>>"The above is a rather pitiful excuse and is basically you justifying these problems occurring in a lowly Chevrolet."<<

Bull&#036;h&#33;- I justified nothing and addressed nothing specific about Chevrolet. But feel free to vicariously lambast Chevy thru the (non-)posts of others all you want. :wink:

Again, it's a public service / perception correction. FAR more people read these boards than post on them- undoubtedly many of them come here as non-enthusiasts to learn.

You may have made up your mind, but not everyone else has. Even among us enthusiasts, who 'know it all', opinions of 'facts' vary w i d e l y.

This is the Lounge. No guests can view it and the majority of members who view it regularly post. Guess who posts regularly? GM fanatics. So yeah, your point isn't much of a point. It's far from a "public service / perception correction" in here.

Bull&#036;h&#33;- I justified nothing and addressed nothing specific about Chevrolet. But feel free to vicariously lambast Chevy thru the (non-)posts of others all you want. :wink:

"The point is --as alluded to by 98-- is that hondacuras are not supposed to have ANY of these issues, whereas Pontiacs & Chevys are supposed to be loaded with them."

Let me get this straight... You are saying that the perception of Hondas/Acuras/etc being imaculate while the perception of Pontiacs/Chevrolets/etc being far from imaculate is wrong, and the perception of the former is more incorrect than the latter, while no vehicle is immune to problems, and you'll point out problems on the one of the former only because of the perception problem, but leave alone the fact that many vehicles suffer from the problems... You're essentially letting the latter get off scott-free. The former is okay to take issue with because of its perception, but the latter, no, let's not worry any problems of those. Tell me, how is that not what I said it was? This whole discussion of perceptions and being just to bash other vehicles with BS "public service" in a forum where only members of a GM fansite can see is absolutely retarded. All of you who think lowering yourself to the level of others makes any damn sense have such warped perceptions of your own.

BV- Why hit your head against a wall?

The irony is that all of this personal "I saw this" anecdotal stuff is that it means ZERO. I'm in and out of domestic products ALL DAY LONG. When Honda/Acura has something to fear, I'm certain someone over at American Honda will notice...those guys actually pay attention consistently.

My bad RE: being in the lounge; I cruise by 'new posts' and not by individual forums. I never bother with checking the forum title.

Regardless, leveling the playing field should be an objective of all who support General Motors and their products.

I remember overhearing 2 women talking a few years ago:

"Why did you buy an acura?"

"Because they're built to go 200, 300,000 miles with no problems."

:rolleyes:

This woman is misinformed. As you yourself stated BV 'all manufacturers have problems', and they do; that's a fact. But the PERCEPTION lags FACT, and it needs correction.

>>"Let me get this straight... You are saying that the perception of Hondas/Acuras/etc being imaculate while the perception of Pontiacs/Chevrolets/etc being far from imaculate is wrong, and the perception of the former is more incorrect than the latter, while no vehicle is immune to problems, and you'll point out problems on the one of the former only because of the perception problem, but leave alone the fact that many vehicles suffer from the problems... You're essentially letting the latter get off scott-free. The former is okay to take issue with because of its perception, but the latter, no, let's not worry any problems of those. "<<

You got it crooked. I never said I was OK with any vehicle's shortcomings (that said, I do not obsess, either). You're making extrapolative assumptions with my words. I am not addressing the reality of shortcomings, but the perception of shortcomings (or lack thereof). You understand the difference, right? Reality vs. perception?

It IS entirely possible to address misperceptions of one manufacturer, without making a full comparison evaluation of every other competitor. IE- discussing an overblown perception should not automatically open the floor to 'OH YEAH? WHAT ABOUT (xxxx)'s CHEAP PLASTICS?' counterattacks. And again, it confuses reality with perception- 2 different criteria.

Again, even if this is a closed forum and 'we are all enthusiasts'- do we all agree with each other here on the 'facts'?

If we did, there'd probably be 75% less posting going on.

BV: Dude, how much is Honda/Acura paying you to stick up for them?

Exactly NOTHING unless I'm missing something.

So if we as GM fans, or simply as Automotive fans choose to rant

about the discrepancy (grand canyon sized perception gap) between

HondAcuras' quality and relaibility as compared to the REAL world

then chill out and let people rant.

either that or SHUT the F*** up about how your Quad-4 Grand Am is

a &#036;h&#33;lpile and Blazers/S10s suck because your mom & a few family

members had bad experiences.

As a friend and fellow enthusiast I can tell you you drive me nuts with

you hypocracy.

Honda/Acura is teh suck!

The TSX I drove the other day, freakin brand new, was already broke. Instead of driving the rear wheels it was driving the front! I told the salesperson about it, but he didn't seem to understand. What is going on with the world?? They're putting in engines sideways and driveshafts on the wrong end of the car! And the floor mat was DIRTY! Dirty I tell you.

Honda/Acura is teh suck!

The TSX I drove the other day, freakin brand new, was already broke. Instead of driving the rear wheels it was driving the front! I told the salesperson about it, but he didn't seem to understand. What is going on with the world?? They're putting in engines sideways and driveshafts on the wrong end of the car! And the floor mat was DIRTY! Dirty I tell you.

:lol:

The one thing of value in this thread is Balthazar's new sig quote!

I absolutely love it!

My bad RE: being in the lounge; I cruise by 'new posts' and not by individual forums. I never bother with checking the forum title.

Regardless, leveling the playing field should be an objective of all who support General Motors and their products.

I remember overhearing 2 women talking a few years ago:

"Why did you buy an acura?"

"Because they're built to go 200, 300,000 miles with no problems."

:rolleyes:

This woman is misinformed. As you yourself stated BV 'all manufacturers have problems', and they do; that's a fact. But the PERCEPTION lags FACT, and it needs correction.

>>"Let me get this straight... You are saying that the perception of Hondas/Acuras/etc being imaculate while the perception of Pontiacs/Chevrolets/etc being far from imaculate is wrong, and the perception of the former is more incorrect than the latter, while no vehicle is immune to problems, and you'll point out problems on the one of the former only because of the perception problem, but leave alone the fact that many vehicles suffer from the problems... You're essentially letting the latter get off scott-free. The former is okay to take issue with because of its perception, but the latter, no, let's not worry any problems of those. "<<

You got it crooked. I never said I was OK with any vehicle's shortcomings (that said, I do not obsess, either). You're making extrapolative assumptions with my words. I am not addressing the reality of shortcomings, but the perception of shortcomings (or lack thereof). You understand the difference, right? Reality vs. perception?

It IS entirely possible to address misperceptions of one manufacturer, without making a full comparison evaluation of every other competitor. IE- discussing an overblown perception should not automatically open the floor to 'OH YEAH? WHAT ABOUT (xxxx)'s CHEAP PLASTICS?' counterattacks. And again, it confuses reality with perception- 2 different criteria.

Again, even if this is a closed forum and 'we are all enthusiasts'- do we all agree with each other here on the 'facts'?

If we did, there'd probably be 75% less posting going on.

That's fair. I do agree with most of that.

BV: Dude, how much is Honda/Acura paying you to stick up for them?

Exactly NOTHING unless I'm missing something.

So if we as GM fans, or simply as Automotive fans choose to rant

about the discrepancy (grand canyon sized perception gap) between

HondAcuras' quality and relaibility as compared to the REAL world

then chill out and let people rant.

either that or SHUT the F*** up about how your Quad-4 Grand Am is

a &#036;h&#33;lpile and Blazers/S10s suck because your mom & a few family

members had bad experiences.

As a friend and fellow enthusiast I can tell you you drive me nuts with

you hypocracy.

My hypocracy?! :rotflmao:

Posted Image