Gonna sell the Fusion

Satty

Law school is looming on the horizon, which is going to require a move. I dont want to sell my house because of the incredible amount of equity I have in it (simple numbers appraisal value when I bought it-what I bought it for=FWD Acadia SLE; market value based on what a couple of houses down the block sold for-what I bought it for=2008 CTS) and the fact that they're doing a lot of improvements on my side of town, so I'm going to rent it out then rent someplace at school. Since I doubt I'll be able to get a job with the same income I have now, I'm going to have to move a bit on the cheap side, which would be easier without the Fusion and its full coverage insurance. So there you have it, in the coming months its bye-bye Fusion, hello cash car, I'm thinking something along the lines of a Century like the '96 I had back in the day. As much as I disliked the car's image, it ran and ran and ran and is probably still running with about a billion miles on it. I'm going to evaluate my options then decide how to sell it, then find my perfect beater then unload the Fusion. Short term sacrifice for long term flexibility doesn't seem like a bad idea.

No, but I was recently playing Grand Theft Auto and figured that if I got a rental or maybe a test drive and just get it repainted, I would have a car that nobody would suspect was stolen. I also decided to walk around with a baseball bat and hit random people.

Sounds like a smart plan Satty. How was the Fusion for you during your ownership with it?

Also, if you go the GTA route you need to repaint it and get VIN tags for it...go to one of those junkyards that have new wrecked cars, find a totaled car like what you're "renting" and swap the VIN tags :P

Also, if you go the GTA route you need to repaint it and get VIN tags for it...go to one of those junkyards that have new wrecked cars, find a totaled car like what you're "renting" and swap the VIN tags :P

I gave someone that same idea regarding an abandoned late 80's- early 90's Ranger thats been sitting in a parking lot for the last two months. Since its on a private lot, the business owners would have to pay to get it towed, and they apparently dont want to. The truck isn't in great shape, the body is rather beat up, the funny thing is that it has a temporary tag in the back window. Someone bought this truck off a lot on June 2nd (judging by the July 2nd expiration date on the temp tag) and it has been sitting there, unmoved since at least June 10th.

I gave someone that same idea regarding an abandoned late 80's- early 90's Ranger thats been sitting in a parking lot for the last two months. Since its on a private lot, the business owners would have to pay to get it towed, and they apparently dont want to. The truck isn't in great shape, the body is rather beat up, the funny thing is that it has a temporary tag in the back window. Someone bought this truck off a lot on June 2nd (judging by the July 2nd expiration date on the temp tag) and it has been sitting there, unmoved since at least June 10th.

my dad did that with a few trailers (tractor trailer dump trailers) and had success with it... lol :P

I'm kinda thinking the same way Satty is. I want to go back to school myself....so freeing up money is important...

Good news for me is that my cars will be paid off soon...(i'm trying to pay off as quick as I can),

so I just need a good dependible beater....the wagon runs well, but the vast amount of rust and rot say this thing has maybe 8-12 months before something could happen...

Also, picking up a cheaper smaller house won't be a problem in this state-in Michigan you could play "Let's make a deal". :yes:

Unless, my job ends up out of state.....

There is an early 80s mustang that is sitting in a lot near downtown Fargo that has been there for going on 4 years now. Never moved, and now has 4 flat tires, but no one ever gets it towed.

Sounds like a good plan to me... the first post not the GTA idea.

I dont know why, but I really want the 1980 Ford Fairmont that I recently found for $700. About as sexy as a Century, but for some reason, I can really see myself in this car. My oldest sister had a Mercury Zephyr from the same era, it was the first car I ever drove, at the ripe old age of 8.

Edit: It had a clean title and is currently registered, having recently passed the safety inspection. My only qualm is that its a 2.3L 4cyl/automatic. Gutless. I do have the fortune of having a friend with a wrecked '88ish Mustang with the 5.0. The car has been raped for parts, but the drivetrain is in tact.

Edited by Satty