Northstar

Lucerne ordering guide up

36 posts in this topic

The Lucerne ordering guide has finally been posted. There's some interesting stuff such as a blue interior option.

Linky

dolby 5.1 surround sound? bluetooth? wood steering wheel? i do love blue, though!

Hate to kill a buzz, but the Tuxedo Blue interior will be a treatment on the dash and door panels and a Shale (Light Tan) seat, much like the Envoys have Tan seats and Black dash and carpet, but it would be sweet to have color matched interior/exterior like they used to on the '00 LeSabre

As for 5.1 - NO -it is a 9 Speaker harman/kardon sys like BMW has, and as for Bluetooth it is questionable, it would make OnStar hands free calling obselete, but you can get a HEATED :o woodgrain steeringwheel as a dealer install later in the model year

heated wood.........nice! ah, to be in the old days when an american luxury car interior came in many colors.

Stoopbuick - did your customers order them without even seeing them in person? Which engine/trim did they order or ask for?

I've got two Lucernes sold as soon as I can order them.  So far my response from customers has been pretty exciting.  :D

[post="1240"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Stoopbuick - did your customers order them without even seeing them in person? Which engine/trim did they order or ask for?

[post="1241"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Cool!!!

oh and how old are they :lol: :rolleyes:

I was unable to see the "Ordering Info" on the link. Is that where it mentioned the blue interior option? Even if it's blue/shale that sounds cool. I like two tones interiors. I like the ebony/tan in the LaX CXS. Any word on when the Buick website will be updated with all the Lucerne info/colors etc?

I was unable to see the "Ordering Info" on the link.

Look to the left near the top. You should see an "Ordering Info" link.

A car in this class should have navigation as an option.

Hmm, it should have NAV, maybe it just isn't available at the start of production. The Lucerne press release says it has DVD Nav optional.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I can "see" the Ordering Info link, but when I click it, nothing happens. The other links all work for me (radio, wheels, specs etc). Not sure why . . .

The H3 also had nav listed when it was first added to the ordering guide, but it seems to have disappeared.

Hate to kill a buzz, but the Tuxedo Blue interior will be a treatment on the dash and door panels and a Shale (Light Tan) seat, much like the Envoys have Tan seats and Black dash and carpet, but it would be sweet to have color matched interior/exterior like they used to on the '00 LeSabre

[post="184"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Since when is Shale a tan color!? Shale is a dark grey color.

As for 5.1 - NO -it is a 9 Speaker harman/kardon sys like BMW has, and as for Bluetooth it is questionable, it would make OnStar hands free calling obselete, but you can get a HEATED  :o  woodgrain steeringwheel as a dealer install later in the model year

[post="184"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If I remember correctly, the 2005 Deville had a special edition in which it had a grayish-blue interior treatment--seats included. When I read about "tuxedo blue", I naturally assumed it would be this way in the Lucerne.

Oh, and ROCK ON about the heated woodgrain steering wheel! :)

Not good.... I'm afraid the Tuxedo blue/shale option kicks the CXL out of the running as a possible dark interior, and the CXS while awesome is a fuel hog. So that leaves the Chevy Impala :o or the new Lexus ES 350.... Too bad I can't choose from a Bonneville or an Aurora with black leather, otherwise I'd be buying a GM car next time around. :mellow: Edited by Bluesman

I think you can get a Lucerne with a black interior, Bluesman.

[post="4042"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, as a CXS but I can't stomach the mpg with fuel pushing $3.00 / gal.

Yes, as a CXS but I can't stomach the mpg with fuel pushing $3.00 / gal.

[post="4054"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Only as a CXS? That's absurd. Just make the damn colors available on each trim and be done with it. The fact that they were straying away from the two choices of neutral/gray was such a big deal for me as I was getting bored with those. But giving restraints towards which trims can have whichever colors... almost as bad.

Only as a CXS?  That's absurd.  Just make the damn colors available on each trim and be done with it.  The fact that they were straying away from the two choices of neutral/gray was such a big deal for me as I was getting bored with those.  But giving restraints towards which trims can have whichever colors... almost as bad.

[post="4059"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yup, you got it! You can only get Ebony leather on the CXS........... Isanely stupid but that's GM. They should at least make it available on the CXL.

Ugh, was checking out more details. Can you believe, there is no option for a telescopic steering wheel? Just a manual tilt. They improved their standard features, but for a car at this price range, I would expect a few more things standard, like telescopic steering wheels, a 6-cd changer, etc. Not impressed.

Ugh, was checking out more details.  Can you believe, there is no option for a telescopic steering wheel?  Just a manual tilt.

They improved their standard features, but for a car at this price range, I would expect a few more things standard, like telescopic steering wheels, a 6-cd changer, etc.  Not impressed.

[post="4399"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Guess I'm gonna have to "put up with a LaX CX"; you might wanna crossover and talk to me there.

Guess I'm gonna have to "put up with a LaX CX"; you might wanna crossover and talk to me there.

[post="4401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Pathetic, Paulie. My replies are in the "mature" web site. I miss ya.

Ugh, was checking out more details.  Can you believe, there is no option for a telescopic steering wheel?  Just a manual tilt.

They improved their standard features, but for a car at this price range, I would expect a few more things standard, like telescopic steering wheels, a 6-cd changer, etc.  Not impressed.

[post="4399"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's the other missing item..........Slap black leather on as an option, throw in a telescoping column and a 3.6 VVT and they'd have one awesome car in the CXL.

Yeah... I found that little discovery about the manual tilt to be kind of annoying. the DTS & Lucerne should be sharing the same power tilt/telescoping steering column.

Cadillac's website has a small picture of the special edition Deville. The tuxedo blue/shale color combo is optional along with some ugly tan combo. The shale is a light, kinda soft, grey color. I can't make out whats blue due to the small picture, but it looks like the dash, part of(or all of) the door panels, and maybe the steering wheel. The seats also have blue piping. BMW actually offers a similar color combo on the 7 series. I don't know why they just can't get themselves to offer a solid blue interior, but I guess it's a small step in the right direction. Wasn't the Solstice concept similar to this?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead