Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Lucerne ordering guide up

Northstar

Hate to kill a buzz, but the Tuxedo Blue interior will be a treatment on the dash and door panels and a Shale (Light Tan) seat, much like the Envoys have Tan seats and Black dash and carpet, but it would be sweet to have color matched interior/exterior like they used to on the '00 LeSabre

As for 5.1 - NO -it is a 9 Speaker harman/kardon sys like BMW has, and as for Bluetooth it is questionable, it would make OnStar hands free calling obselete, but you can get a HEATED :o woodgrain steeringwheel as a dealer install later in the model year

I've got two Lucernes sold as soon as I can order them.  So far my response from customers has been pretty exciting.  :D

[post="1240"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Stoopbuick - did your customers order them without even seeing them in person? Which engine/trim did they order or ask for?

[post="1241"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Cool!!!

oh and how old are they :lol: :rolleyes:

I was unable to see the "Ordering Info" on the link. Is that where it mentioned the blue interior option? Even if it's blue/shale that sounds cool. I like two tones interiors. I like the ebony/tan in the LaX CXS. Any word on when the Buick website will be updated with all the Lucerne info/colors etc?

Hate to kill a buzz, but the Tuxedo Blue interior will be a treatment on the dash and door panels and a Shale (Light Tan) seat, much like the Envoys have Tan seats and Black dash and carpet, but it would be sweet to have color matched interior/exterior like they used to on the '00 LeSabre

[post="184"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Since when is Shale a tan color!? Shale is a dark grey color.

As for 5.1 - NO -it is a 9 Speaker harman/kardon sys like BMW has, and as for Bluetooth it is questionable, it would make OnStar hands free calling obselete, but you can get a HEATED  :o  woodgrain steeringwheel as a dealer install later in the model year

[post="184"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If I remember correctly, the 2005 Deville had a special edition in which it had a grayish-blue interior treatment--seats included. When I read about "tuxedo blue", I naturally assumed it would be this way in the Lucerne.

Oh, and ROCK ON about the heated woodgrain steering wheel! :)

Not good.... I'm afraid the Tuxedo blue/shale option kicks the CXL out of the running as a possible dark interior, and the CXS while awesome is a fuel hog. So that leaves the Chevy Impala :o or the new Lexus ES 350.... Too bad I can't choose from a Bonneville or an Aurora with black leather, otherwise I'd be buying a GM car next time around. :mellow: Edited by Bluesman

Yes, as a CXS but I can't stomach the mpg with fuel pushing $3.00 / gal.

[post="4054"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Only as a CXS? That's absurd. Just make the damn colors available on each trim and be done with it. The fact that they were straying away from the two choices of neutral/gray was such a big deal for me as I was getting bored with those. But giving restraints towards which trims can have whichever colors... almost as bad.

Only as a CXS?  That's absurd.  Just make the damn colors available on each trim and be done with it.  The fact that they were straying away from the two choices of neutral/gray was such a big deal for me as I was getting bored with those.  But giving restraints towards which trims can have whichever colors... almost as bad.

[post="4059"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yup, you got it! You can only get Ebony leather on the CXS........... Isanely stupid but that's GM. They should at least make it available on the CXL.

Ugh, was checking out more details. Can you believe, there is no option for a telescopic steering wheel? Just a manual tilt. They improved their standard features, but for a car at this price range, I would expect a few more things standard, like telescopic steering wheels, a 6-cd changer, etc. Not impressed.

Guest WestPalmHarry

Ugh, was checking out more details.  Can you believe, there is no option for a telescopic steering wheel?  Just a manual tilt.

They improved their standard features, but for a car at this price range, I would expect a few more things standard, like telescopic steering wheels, a 6-cd changer, etc.  Not impressed.

[post="4399"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Guess I'm gonna have to "put up with a LaX CX"; you might wanna crossover and talk to me there.

Guest WestPalmHarry

Guess I'm gonna have to "put up with a LaX CX"; you might wanna crossover and talk to me there.

[post="4401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Pathetic, Paulie. My replies are in the "mature" web site. I miss ya.

Ugh, was checking out more details.  Can you believe, there is no option for a telescopic steering wheel?  Just a manual tilt.

They improved their standard features, but for a car at this price range, I would expect a few more things standard, like telescopic steering wheels, a 6-cd changer, etc.  Not impressed.

[post="4399"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's the other missing item..........Slap black leather on as an option, throw in a telescoping column and a 3.6 VVT and they'd have one awesome car in the CXL.

Cadillac's website has a small picture of the special edition Deville. The tuxedo blue/shale color combo is optional along with some ugly tan combo. The shale is a light, kinda soft, grey color. I can't make out whats blue due to the small picture, but it looks like the dash, part of(or all of) the door panels, and maybe the steering wheel. The seats also have blue piping. BMW actually offers a similar color combo on the 7 series. I don't know why they just can't get themselves to offer a solid blue interior, but I guess it's a small step in the right direction. Wasn't the Solstice concept similar to this?

Well, it's frustrating. To be honest, the DTS refresh should have been packed more than it was. The Lucerne should have had more standard than it does, and a little more offered than it does. The LaCrosse should have had more than it does. HELLO, NAV?! I would buy it if it came in the LaCrosse. And I'm not bumping myself up to a freakin' Lucerne just to get it. What sucks is, the 2006 Impala LT seems like a better buy for me than a LaCrosse would. I never thought I'd say there isn't a Buick out there for me.

I can't wait until more are tested around here.. At this rate the Lucerne is going to make a good X-mas present... (they are a little behind in testing on the line at the moment) I'm hoping to get to drive one of the test cars next month...that will be lots of fun! B) It looks like this year is going to be strange for its first year...I'm hearing that they plan to have more standard next year as the work out the issues...

Well, it's frustrating.  To be honest, the DTS refresh should have been packed more than it was.  The Lucerne should have had more standard than it does, and a little more offered than it does.  The LaCrosse should have had more than it does.  HELLO, NAV?!  I would buy it if it came in the LaCrosse.  And I'm not bumping myself up to a freakin' Lucerne just to get it.

What sucks is, the 2006 Impala LT seems like a better buy for me than a LaCrosse would.  I never thought I'd say there isn't a Buick out there for me.

[post="4785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Don't give up yet.I hear that there are more changes in store...though you
might haveto wait till 07... :blink:

Don't give up yet.I hear that there are more changes in store...though you
might haveto wait till 07... :blink:

[post="4809"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay, so a Rendezvous change. Whoopie. I want a sedan. And I doubt they're going to give the LaCrosse some more edge stylewise or some more features (besides maybe a freaking NAV and the 6-speed auto), to pursuade me otherwise.

why can't the general come out with all guns blazing? why do they hold back some of the features for the next year? you get one chance to impress the buyer. think of it as a resteraunt opening. your diners come in and get a bad meal? you're out of business. you must catch the customer before they make the 4 year decision to buy your competitors vehicle. is it a lack of faith in the new product? "we're not sure this is going to work so we won't go all the way with it" and guess what? it fails. "thank god we didn't put our all behind that loser".

Okay, so a Rendezvous change.  Whoopie.  I want a sedan.  And I doubt they're going to give the LaCrosse some more edge stylewise or some more features (besides maybe a freaking NAV and the 6-speed auto), to pursuade me otherwise.

[post="4812"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah... I think he's referring to the LaCrosse and Lucerne receiving some changes/more standard equipment by 2007.

Things I would like too see happen on the 2007 models:

LaCrosse:
  • 4-Channel Stabilitrak at least available if not standard on all trims(CX,CXL,CXS)
  • 6-sp Automatic standard
  • 2.8l V6 standard on CX, CXL (210-220hp)
  • Increase HP of 3.6l V6 to 250-260
  • HID headlights standard or available.
  • Memory seat package available on the CXL & CXS trims
  • Nav system available on CXL & CXS trims
  • Tailights updated to LED (Hey, Honda can do it in a mid-life Accord refreshening)
  • 18" wheels that the LaCrosse debuted with become available/standard on CXS
  • Real wood available with wood accented steering wheel
Lucerne:
  • 6-Sp automatic standard
  • Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel becomes standard on all trims
  • Heated rear seats available on CXL; Standard on CXS
  • restyled airvents on center console for backseat passengers (they look cheap)
  • HID headlights become standard on all trims
  • LED tail lights become standard (similar to Phaeton's. Why change the taillight pattern now?)
  • 3.6l V6 becomes standard on CX & CXL trims (with the revised HP from above)
  • 4.6l V8 hp increased to 300
  • Real wood available with wood accented steering wheel
*edited to add request for real wood

Ven, you have some awesome suggestions. I'd like to see the grille revised on the LaCrosse to match the Lucerne. I like the idea of the 2.8 being available as a base engine. The 3.6 should be bumped up in hp as you suggested, and available for the CXL. I'm just confused as to what's going to happen when the 3.8 is done after this year? I just hope the 3900 doesn't get thrown in, or the 3500 become a LaCrosse/Lucerne base. Time to show the world that Buick indeed can be premium.

I like the contrast... I think an "all blue" interior would make it look as dull as an "all gray" interior. However, one of my mother's previous Park Avenues had an all blue interior... very nice. Regardless, I think all Buicks should incorporate contrast piping into their interiors. It looks very nice on the Terraza and in the Deville pic.

By the way, I'd just like to add black on black only for the CXS is a good move by Buick. Very stylish and classy. If you want a cheap black on black then get a Chevy or Pontiac. I like the idea that more style comes with more money you spend... a Lucerne CX doesn't deserve black on black- only the V8.

• 2 weeks later...