Followers 0
gm4life

What is Pontiac's current slogan?

20 posts in this topic

The Heartbeat of Avis.

or:

Pontiac: Rent American.

Edited by moltar

Thanks guys and no I didn't mean the Heartbeat of Avis. What monkies. Watch proudly own not one but 2 Pontiacs and have owned 2 previous to either of the ones I own currently.

I love the tagline on the G8 ad in this month's C&D: "Smart design. Stupid fast."

EDIT - BTW, that's a great ad all the way around. Shows a slightly stylized G8 that looks positively sinister in black - best photo I've seen of the car so far. The photo car has 19" rubber wrapped around sexy new wheels I've not seen before, too. Score one for GM ad photography (for once...)

-RBB

Edited by RBB

I love the tagline on the G8 ad in this month's C&D: "Smart design. Stupid fast."

EDIT - BTW, that's a great ad all the way around. Shows a slightly stylized G8 that looks positively sinister in black - best photo I've seen of the car so far. The photo car has 19" rubber wrapped around sexy new wheels I've not seen before, too. Score one for GM ad photography (for once...)

-RBB

Is there a scan of that somewhere? I;d love to see it. The tagline is brilliant!

Is there a scan of that somewhere? I;d love to see it. The tagline is brilliant!

I'll try to snap a pic some time, but I won't be home much this weekend. Maybe FlyBri can help? He posted a pic of the Malibu ad a couple of pages before this one in the same magazine.

-RBB

Best I could do with only a couple of minutes to spare:

Posted Image

Posted Image

-RBB

Um, on the very first flap of 2008 brochure of Pontiac it reads 'Design + Performance at the speed of Light'. I am thinking that's their slogan right now. Right now, Pontiac is like the only brand I know who NEVER advertises, whether it be a newspaper, radio nor TV. I don't see ANY advertisements anywhere. I don't think they are spending any money advertizing their products. I mean, they don't have many exciting cars like they used to in about few years ago, but they still have some very good cars like Grand Prix(the one I am getting soon) or the Solstice, or their hot-selling G6. I mean, don't they want to make money? Hmmm.

Um, on the very first flap of 2008 brochure of Pontiac it reads 'Design + Performance at the speed of Light'. I am thinking that's their slogan right now. Right now, Pontiac is like the only brand I know who NEVER advertises, whether it be a newspaper, radio nor TV. I don't see ANY advertisements anywhere. I don't think they are spending any money advertizing their products. I mean, they don't have many exciting cars like they used to in about few years ago, but they still have some very good cars like Grand Prix(the one I am getting soon) or the Solstice, or their hot-selling G6. I mean, don't they want to make money? Hmmm.

If the Solstice refresh is true, then it should read:

"Designs that are so ugly + Performance at the speed of light so nobody sees it"

instead.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0