Audi Shooting Brake Concept

Could this hint at the next TT?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Shooting Brake Concept is a study vehicle offering a further trailblazing interpretation of Audi's current formal idiom, blending the powerful dynamism of a sports car with a new sense of spaciousness and greater functionality. With its powerful 250 bhp, 3.2-litre six-cylinder engine and quattro permanent four-wheel drive, the Shooting Brake Concept produces a quality of road behaviour that in every respect lives up to its visual impact. The study vehicle sprints from 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.0 seconds, and its top speed is electronically governed at 250 km/h.

I think the new TT will be more conservative than that, which disappoints me, because I like this a lot. I like how the Germans are moving away from their stodgy, form-following-function designs and toward more emotional expressions.

[post="28634"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This IS the TT, with an experimental roof treatment to test the waters for a Cayman/SLT 3 door/Z4 coupe competitor....

Image the current roofline with a gentler curve and you've got the next TT

I wish they used a different grille in the front. There is something really off about it. It doesn't seem to match the rest of the car. The rest of it seems really nice though. If they fix the front, there's no doubt in my mind that this will be an even bigger hit then the current TT.

Very cool. I love the shooting brake bodystyle in general, as it combines sport, style and utility with emphasis on sport. The interior is TIGHT.

Makes me want a Kappa Nomad even more. Next Mini will have a shooting brake available as well.

That grille belongs on a Buick. Stuill it's better than the other recent Audi Grilles.

The interior is nice except the color, and guages. The exterior is just ugly.

[post="28615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I like the interior design, though a flat-bottom steering wheel is ugly on anything, IMHO..

I like the exterior overall, but I see some Bangle in the side creasing...almost reminds me of an Audi-ized Z4 coupe..

Yikes. Can't say I like this one. At all. Hope that isn't an indication of the next TT...although it sure looks like it. Take away the notchback, add a sloping roof, production-ize the grill, and you're probably looking at the next TT. Gross.