Um...Aztek?

Flybrian

:rotflmao: GOOD LORD! This Aztek owner is quite the swinger (get it? ha), apparently getting some Pontiaction every night.

Reg, you're not alone in your admiration for the poor ol' Aztek. Those who've been brave enough to purchase one find them to be immensely useful. I'm sure resale is horrible, but you can drive it into the ground to make up for that and be assured you'll get more than your money's worth.

:rotflmao: GOOD LORD! This Aztek owner is quite the swinger (get it? ha), apparently getting some Pontiaction every night.

Reg, you're not alone in your admiration for the poor ol' Aztek. Those who've been brave enough to purchase one find them to be immensely useful. I'm sure resale is horrible, but you can drive it into the ground to make up for that and be assured you'll get more than your money's worth.

pontiaction. i love it.

:)

i think the resale on the aztek will be better once its a few more years older, then it will be a bit cultish. considering how reasonable it was new (26k+ list, 16k new), resale isn't a concern.

considering our friends dumped over 32k in their pilot that only has AWD and leather as options i don't have, and they get less function out of it, i'd say they are the ones who will get screwed on retail......even if their tranny doesn't blow.

my car payment is less than half theirs.......money i can use for other things that matter.

when a coworker last spring car died and they were in the middle of two home transactions, and they needed a car, they seeked out an aztek deliberately to replace their dead eurovan. there are folks that actually seek them out. she now loves the AWD and flexible seating. it might seem odd to a couple of -people- on this board that someone might seek this vehicle out, but then again, there's a lot of lame people out there that don't have the emotional maturity to put aside things like styling mistakes and prioritize things that matter, like ride, comfort, utility, quietness, flexible seating, good gas mileage, cheap insurance, low cost of ownership.

Nearly 90k miles in about 3 1/2 year with virtually no defects and nothing to repair. 20+ mpg and carlike handling and will swallow gear in near minivan like fashion.

The styling was a mistake, sure. But to those who continually harp on stuff like that and things like the new focus i just would simply say, 'get a life' and grow up.

The Edge is probably the next vehicle in the stable. It has the looks but I wish it had the utility of the Aztek.

The Flex to me seems like another Aztek in the making and I guess it interests me too, but I don't think the price will be right.

Edited by regfootball