Buick GN on NBC TV Show "Life"

BigPontiac

I think the stripe is silver. It took a little getting used to for me, but the hidden Police lights make it look pretty badass. Pictures were hard to come by.

It has the center floor console and the logo on the headrests. Based on the wheels, I'm guessing maybe it's an '85.

Edited by BigPontiac

Anyone else watch this show? I LOVE it, and was about to make this same post the other day. It is a good mix of Law and Order and House. It is about a cop who was exonerated after being wrongly convicted for a murder. The LAPD paid him off and he bought the GN after his Bentley got backed over in one of the first few episodes. I haven't gotten to watch tonights episode, but from the previews it looks like it gets wrecked in tonight's episode unless it was another car that he was in. Too bad, maybe he will buy another if it actually is wrecked.

Anyone else watch this show? I LOVE it, and was about to make this same post the other day. It is a good mix of Law and Order and House. It is about a cop who was exonerated after being wrongly convicted for a murder. The LAPD paid him off and he bought the GN after his Bentley got backed over in one of the first few episodes. I haven't gotten to watch tonights episode, but from the previews it looks like it gets wrecked in tonight's episode unless it was another car that he was in. Too bad, maybe he will buy another if it actually is wrecked.

The GN is way cooler than the Bentley (though it did appear they wrecked it for real). Right after I posted, he gave the car away to cover his tracks and bought a beater early 80s Eldorado. Guess we'll see if this is the last episode for the GN.

They wrecked the Eldo. Have to wait until next year to see if the GN comes back!

It's going to be a tough wait until January. I'm glad they just wrecked an Eldo. I should hve been able to tell that from the preview, but whatever. At least the chick he gave the GN to was good looking.

I love that show!!!!! And the Regal Grand National is quite awesome too....its too bad he traded that to some random girl and wrecked a 1979-85 Cadillac Eldorado (my 2nd favorite, after the 1967-68 full-series originals). But Charlie Crews is still hilarious.

Basically Life is about Detective Charlie Crews, played by Damian Lewis who rejoins the police force after being released from prison after 12 years of a murder of a family that he did not commit and was framed for. His partner is Dani Reese, played by Sara Shahi and Crews also got like $5 billion or something out of a settlement or such, and is roomies with his financial advisor, played by Adam Arkin. Its a hilarious show, and its on 10 PM/EST, Wednesday nights on NBC (I think I just totally promod this show lol).

As I've mentioned before I used to see the Mass State Police GNX around my

neck of the woods all the time. ON one occasion, as a kid before I even KNEW

what it was, it was chasing after a DeTomasso Pantera that blew by my dad's

Chevy Cavalier at about 100-120 mph.

Buick is such a cool brand, if there was ever one brand that I'd want to collect

in large numbers it would be a tough call between Cadillac & Buick.

Another funny note is how in a magazine article they showed David Spade in

his GN at some hangout spot in California and they mentioned how he is such

a down ot earth guy, even his ride is very unpretentious... just some old Buick.

That's what most GN owners love to hear... :wink:

"Some jackass blew the doors off my Porsche in some OLD BUICK!" :huh:

• 1 year later...

The GN and GNX were great cars. But my favorite has to be the Regal Limited Turbos. Yeah, you could order the midsized personal luxury coupe with those cushy seats, a column shift and that turbo. Talk about a sleeper. The GN announced your arrival a mile away to the cops. Johnny didn't even blink twice with the Limited.

http://1of1035.com/index.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest FunniCuzItsTru

I think the stripe is silver. It took a little getting used to for me, but the hidden Police lights make it look pretty badass. Pictures were hard to come by.

It has the center floor console and the logo on the headrests. Based on the wheels, I'm guessing maybe it's an '85.

86... they weren't intercooled until 86... I grew up with a Buick Dealer father and I was 13 when that came out. I wanted one for my Bar Mitzvah