Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

dream sequences

ocnblu

Beautiful oddity, a dream I woke up from last night.

First scene, I am a passenger in a random vehicle, driving through an urban warehouse district. I look up, and there is an airliner that appears to be taking off from a nearby airport, coming in our direction. It climbs upward but its wings are on backwards, pointing forward. I gasp in wonder for a fleeting moment before it goes out of sight, obscured by the warehouses. It's a beautiful sunny day.

Next scene, I am still with the same person, but I never see who it is, I just feel their presence. We are heading in the opposite direction from before because of the position of the sun. Again, it is a clear, sunny day except for a few wispy clouds. I can't tell if we are riding in a vehicle or walking down the sidewalk in the same urban area, but I look up again to see the silvery airliner, now at high altitude. Only now there are two, flying very close together in the same direction. I am alarmed and say to my companion "look how close together they are flying!" Just then, one of the planes turns and collides with the other. I am horrified as I watch an explosion of debris without fire, then amazed and amused as the debris suddenly turns into a flock of seagulls flying. We share a chuckle and keep walking. End of dream.

I am hoping I can take this as a hopeful sign. I've been very stressed lately, with my door, the truck, and the aftermath of both of those events, the neverending parade of towtrucks in the last two weeks (we honestly have no place to park any more towed-in wrecks for me to estimate), our shorthandedness at work (assistant manager out deer hunting this week, manager has to leave for medical tests periodically, loss of our shop foreman), plus we got 2 inches of snow yesterday and through the night... which will mean more work coming in. I am scheduling customers for January 14th as of now. All this plus an unresolved, agonizing 4-year crush on a person I see once or twice a week... and my nerves are shot to smithereens right now. Things have got to settle soon.

Anyway, to anyone who is brave enough to waste time reading this, thanks, and sorry to turn the lounge into a personal blog. I just needed to type this out... somewhere.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you what I've dreamed about TWICE in the past week...

... a cheesy tv show from the late 80's (I refuse to say the name)... being released on DVD.

You wouldn't believe me if I told you what I've dreamed about TWICE in the past week...

... a cheesy tv show from the late 80's (I refuse to say the name)... being released on DVD.

MacGyver, right? That's the one I'm pumped about, anyways! :thumbsup:

that is a ....odd dream. i had one maybe 3 days ago of a , get this, Suzuki, that was based on the ford edge, i had no idea what to make of it's....urban camo, huge, blinged out swastikas, on the hood, the sides, top, and back. i somehow thought that was the prototype of something i'd never seen before, and that was the camo it was using. and then physics when out the door when something made it flip backward, rotating around the bumper axis, then somhow it got extra wheels or something and bounced back to upright.

hm... 80's show to dvd...a-team is already out... i don't know

Cool dream, the plane is called an X-29, developed jointly by NASA & the USAF... iirc

x-29-EC87-0182.jpg

X-29_big.jpg

Edited by Sixty8panther

When you get it invite Fatty & Smelma to watch with you... :D

Square Pegs? My So-Called Life? :scratchchin:

Growing Pains?

Both excellent guesses...

Square Pegs, dear God no. My So-Called Life is on DVD and it was from the 90's.

Growing Pains... no.

Here's a hint... the theme song was a rework of Bing Crosby's, Swinging on a Star.

Yeah, the X-31, like you said loki, test bed for thrust vectoring technology. Could perform slow flight at speeds as little as 30-mph, if I remember correctly. The X-29 is also a great bird, based on a single-engine T-38 Talon trainer, extremely high roll rate, also had pretty good slow flight capabilty. Biggest problem with the X-29 is that NASA later found lots of structural cracks along the wing mounting points. The X-31 has pretty much been mothballed since less extreme forms of thrust vectoring are now being employed on today's fighter aircraft.

01.jpg

Sukhoi Su-47. FSW + thrust vectoring + possible stealth.

Last night I dreamt I was walking home from the mall with my sister. We ended up walking along the railroad tracks and I notice two mean-looking guys and a girl following us. I tell my sister to start running and the thugs start chasing me. I pull out my pocket knife which seems to scare off the two guys, but the girl draws and knife and starts to slash at me. I tried to hurt her but I was extremely reluctant to; I cringed every time my knife touched her. I stabbed her multuple times and finally she quit fighting me and ambled away. It didn't feel like a nightmare, I didn't feel terrified when I woke up, but it was still discomforting.

Fortunately it was just a dream, probably because I've been playing too much Lugaru.