Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlbunting

Hey Josh-- CTS??

56 posts in this topic

I know you can't post the photos of the next CTS but can you at least let us know if it is better looking than the current model?

While we're bugging Josh... Josh: Do you remember a spy shot of the rear end of a black XLR with two plain exhaust pipes out the back (they weren't the regular XLR tips, nor were they in the same place). I remember you saying there was some story linked to it, but you couldn't say what (at that time). Care to share that story... if you even remember what i'm talking about.

The exterior is attractive and much more dynamic than the current model. It's a much more refined application of Cadillac's A&S design theme without appearing softened or watered-down like the STS; lines are crisp and taut. Overall, the exterior is more elegant and upscale-looking than what we have now. However, those expecting a radical redesign will be dissapointed, as it appears to be an extremely evolutionary redesign.

The interior, on the other hand, is nothing short of breathtaking. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

To all those bitching about the current CTS' interior and expecting merely more of the same, prepare to feast upon your hats.

The pipes of the XLR were not the real deal because that hood was huge if you all remember right. It was an XLRv fitted with the supercharged 7 liter engine to be placed in Blue Devil.

The pipes of the XLR were not the real deal because that hood was huge if you all remember right.

It was an XLRv fitted with the supercharged 7 liter engine to be placed in Blue Devil.

[post="29742"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sweet!

there is a rendering on another forum that is of the CTS, care to say how close it is Josh? And what is this talk of an xlr with a 7 liter vette engine in it, i never saw it?

As I just posted on Camaroz28 that chop is nowhere near close to the real thing. The side profile is all wrong, the rims are wrong, the length is absolutely wrong. The front facia is not as smooth as the image depicts it to be in the chop over on GMI, it's more rugged with some lines where necessary, where as that chop is just a smooth vehicle all around.

The exterior is attractive and much more dynamic than the current model.  It's a much more refined application of Cadillac's A&S design theme without appearing softened or watered-down like the STS; lines are crisp and taut.  Overall, the exterior is more elegant and upscale-looking than what we have now.  However, those expecting a radical redesign will be dissapointed, as it appears to be an extremely evolutionary redesign.   

The interior, on the other hand, is nothing short of breathtaking.  http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

[post="29730"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

100% correct. Interior is VERY nice, though I wish the pillowy seats from the CGIs would be replaced with the current seats as they are far more sporting and in line with what Germany has to offer. Sofa seats belong in Fleetwoods and Devilles, not CTSs.

There's a picture of the future CTS at another website which shall go nameless. It looks ugly. I fell in love with the CTS the first time i saw one in Automobile magazine in August 2001. I convinced my family to get that as our next car. The future CTS does nothing for me. Also, this website claims the next CTS will grow in size. Unbelieavable! The present CTS is already the biggest vehicle in its class. It should be shrinking in size. Not to BMW 3 series 176" proportions, but maybe more like the G35 at 186". If the CTS grows, it'll be about the same external size as the STS. :rolleyes:

There's a picture of the future CTS at another website which shall go nameless.  It looks ugly.

I fell in love with the CTS the first time i saw one in Automobile magazine in August 2001.  I convinced my family to get that as our next car.  The future CTS does nothing for me.

Also, this website claims the next CTS will grow in size.  Unbelieavable!  The present CTS is already the biggest vehicle in its class.  It should be shrinking in size.  Not to BMW 3 series 176" proportions, but maybe more like the G35 at 186".  If the CTS grows, it'll be about the same external size as the STS. :rolleyes:

[post="31619"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You assume GMI and Tahoe over there knows what they are talking about? The photo that was posted was a chop. Anyone with any common sense and curiosity would know that much.

Anyone with any common sense and curiosity would know that much.

[post="31621"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

both of those are lacking around here sometimes. :unsure:

There's a picture of the future CTS at another website which shall go nameless.  It looks ugly.

I fell in love with the CTS the first time i saw one in Automobile magazine in August 2001.  I convinced my family to get that as our next car.  The future CTS does nothing for me.

Also, this website claims the next CTS will grow in size.  Unbelieavable!  The present CTS is already the biggest vehicle in its class.  It should be shrinking in size.  Not to BMW 3 series 176" proportions, but maybe more like the G35 at 186".  If the CTS grows, it'll be about the same external size as the STS. :rolleyes:

[post="31619"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The CTS's class is the 5-series. Their weight and size are nearly identical.

[post="31638"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Then the CTS price either needs to go up to make room for a car under the CTS, or the CTS needs to shrink in size to fit in the class it is priced in.

[post="31638"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, it's the STS's class.

CTS: 3568 lbs 190.10 length 113.40 wheel base 530i: 3483lbs 190.60 length 113.70 wheel base No one is EVER allowed to complain about CTS overhang unless they also complain about the 530i. 2006 330i 3450 lbs. 178.20 length 108.70 wheel base STS 3858 lbs. 196.30 length 116.40 wheel base So yeah, the CTS is in the 5 series size, weight and power class. Edited by Oldsmoboi

The chop at GMI is nothing more than that, a chop. And to think they even stole it from an artist over on CSS, so lame.

CTS:
3568 lbs
190.10 length
113.40 wheel base

530i:
3483lbs
190.60 length
113.70 wheel base

No one is EVER allowed to complain about CTS overhang unless they also complain about the 530i.

2006 330i
3450 lbs.
178.20 length
108.70 wheel base

STS
3858 lbs.
196.30 length
116.40 wheel base
So yeah, the CTS is in the 5 series size, weight and power class.

[post="31766"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Even Cadillac themselves (www.cadillac.com) say that the STS's competitors are the Audi A6, BMW 5, Infiniti M, Lexus GS, and Merc E-class, while the CTS's competitors are the Audi A4, BMW 3, and Mercedes C-class.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK, Which Interior is the NEXT Gen CTS more like.

The BLS, STS, or CTS (I know its a V) ???

This could get fun... :lol:

(Added DTS photo) Edited by jlbunting

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room