C&G will be moving soon!

Just thought you guys deserved an update, so I'm posting one here. We are finalizing our selection for our new host, and hope to be done with that by tonight or tomorrow. We plan on moving the site to a dedicated server rather than a shared server.

For all of those that would like to help with the move, you can donate to [email protected] on PayPal. We are not sure of the costs to move, but if we have extra money, that will go to hosting the site in the future, as well. Perhaps we could buy some spy shots as well, depending on how much the new host costs and how much money we receive. Right now, we do not have enough to make a move, but the Admins/Mods are willing to donate as well to make sure we can be moved, regardless of whether we have enough after any members donate or not.

Please send a donation ASAP if you want to donate so that we can get the show back on the road and move on to a much, much better place.

Thanks,

C&G Staff

The site should really think about ads for guests, that can generate quite a bit of revenue. Replace the entire right and left sides, as well as the newsreel, on the front page with ads and have ads between each top story. Only for guests.

Edited by bowtie_dude

The site should really think about ads for guests, that can generate quite a bit of revenue. Replace the entire right and left sides, as well as the newsreel, on the front page with ads and have ads between each top story. Only for guests.

We may not need to do that. This is an unusual situation - we are only in this position because dreamhost didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

Just put this on the front page. Things they are a happpenin'!

UPDATE: We're currently copying the site files over to a temprary home on a new server. At ~10:30PM EST, we will turn off C&G so we can copy the database as well. When all is said and done, we will give the new location while leaving this copy of the site disabled. From that point on, please use that URL so we can gage the new server's feasibility as the new home for C&G. Thanks.

Just put this on the front page. Things they are a happpenin'!

UPDATE: We're currently copying the site files over to a temprary home on a new server. At ~10:30PM EST, we will turn off C&G so we can copy the database as well. When all is said and done, we will give the new location while leaving this copy of the site disabled. From that point on, please use that URL so we can gage the new server's feasibility as the new home for C&G. Thanks.

What is the new URL?

Captian - I'll try to figure out who you can send it to, probably Fly

I think that's who I sent a check to the last time I donated...er, or maybe I'm thinking of when I purchased the 2 2007 calendars???

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's a pudding made of figs ... and bacon" ... Gonzo to Miss Piggy/John Denver and Muppets ... 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas'