THE CURSE

regfootball

this just ruins it. I'm fine, can't open the passenger front door because the front fender is bent in just a tish, and reduces the already tiny panel gap to the point where it won't let you open the door. Most the damage is in front of the front wheel (bumper cover is bent up some, and the fender is crumpled up pretty good) and aside from a plastic shroud rubbing the front tire, it seems fairly unaffected as far as drivability. Still, this effing blows. There was even a little less damage to the ES.

Edited by regfootball

the 500, and techincally i guess it's my fault, although she was fcking easily exceeding the speed limit by a lot and had left herself driving too aggressively to react.

i was attempting to cross a 4 lane/median road with stalled traffic. i crossed to the median from visual agreement with the car in the first lane to cross. He left space for me to get through and he was not going anywhere for a LONG time. My approach was to get into the median and check for traffic in the second lane adjacent to his. When crossing, seeing through the line of cars, I did not feel there was anyone in the far lane.

This is the sort of $h! that happens all the time in stalled traffic. Today shopping was just like people exiting parking lots after a big game at a stadium. NO ONE is moving. Traffic was backed up for easily 3 blocks to the light with no one moving because the light was on slow cycles. So I couldn't resist the need to get across the road anytime in the next 15 minutes.

So I get the very tish of the nose of car far enough past the gracious dude so I felt I could see the lane next to it and it was FREE. SO I started to give it gas to get across and out of NOWHERE the bitch is coming at me perpendicular at what I guessed was 45-50 mph.

I had enough time to turn my car and try to go parallel with her, but not wanting to steer back into the other lane with packed cars I just prayed she was alert and slow enough to not hit me. Well, I did not get the sense she reacted very quickly and I for one NEVER go 45 in a 30 when the lane on my left is at a dead stop and anyone could try to cut in front of me at any time.

The impression I got of the person driving was she was very much your typical Lexus stereotype.

Now, I also did not luck out, I got a female cop who was very sympathetic to the woman. I think had the cop been male and older, he would have at least listened more to my explanation about how fast this chick was going.

So yeah, totally bad move on my part, although that sort of thing is done all the freaking time. But I am convinced the curse was part of this because it was the lexus camry that tagged me.

Edited by regfootball

• 2 weeks later...

update. gonna choose the dealer's body shop to get my car fixed. Why? cool beans this is, i don't have rental coverage, but they are getting some new 08 focuses signed on for loaner use. So I get a nice 4 day test drive of a new 08 (not euro) Focus. sweet. i get to see how bloody terrible the car really is. I need to email the dude back and see if those units will have sync on it or not.

Edited by regfootball