Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Future Of GMNA

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

Future GM North American Operations

GM%20Logo.jpg

Please note that all information in this report is subject to change. GM is a very internally disrupted company at the moment and many programs have questionable futures. I will try to update and correct the information as I discover it and when I have a free moment. Also, I don’t include SAAB in my report, as it is part of GME, not GMNA.

Chevrolet:

• Zeta: Impala (GMX551) development has been suspended indefinitely and development is now totally focused on a front-drive platform that’s larger than the 2008 Malibu. GMX551 was under scrutiny from the start of the study, which only increased in intensity as it progressed and new CAFE regulations were implemented. It is interesting to note that there is a possibility the NG Impala may not wear the Impala badge. The Camaro (GMX511/521) is still on for production, quite obviously. Global sales will play a role in if the car continues past it’s new fifth generation model (because the Camaro will be sold in the Australian market, as well as possibly the European market, the Camaro may not necessarily need a higher volume supplement as first thought; also, sales of the Zeta Buick and Cadillac can also help support the Camaro as there will be commonality between platforms). There are also rumors that a Zeta-based crossover could arrive and fill the gap left by the TrailBlazer and accompany the Traverse Lambda crossover due in 2009.
  • Epsilon II: NG Malibu replaces the current 2008 NA model as well as replacing the Epica in markets outside North America. A “Chevrolet large 4-door notchback” (read: sedan) as described in the 2007 UAW agreement more than likely will be Epsilon II-based (as it will be built in the Farfax, KS plant that produces Epsilon vehicles). You can place a good bet on this car possibly being the Impala replacement. It could also be built at Oshawa in addition to Fairfax.
  • Delta II: NG Cobalt, HHR (both arrive in 2010), and the Volt electric hybrid (arrives around the 2009 to 2010 timeframe) will share a common platform, however, Volt will be built in Michigan alongside a Opel Zafira-type vehicle (although this can be subject to change) and the NG Malibu, while the Cobalt will be built outside of the United States, alongside the NG Astra, to help it generate more profits.
  • Gamma: NG Aveo will be built in Lordstown, Ohio alongside the two Alpha-platform cars (the sub-CTS range Cadillac is all but officially confirmed, but if the other car will go to Chevrolet or Pontiac remains to be seen).
  • Alpha: If a Chevrolet Alpha sedan is going to be built remains to be seen. Pontiac is said to be the prime candidate for Alpha at the moment.
  • Y-Body: The NG C7 Corvette (GMX711/712) arrives in 2010. Some sources indicate reduced weight and power to reduce fuel consumption and help meet the 2020 CAFE regulations.
  • Lambda: The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse arrives this fall and will effectively slot below the Saturn Outlook price-wise while replacing the TrailBlazer. It should debut sometime in the near future and have appropriate sheet metal changes made to the rear and front of the vehicle to further differentiate it from it’s platform-mates at GMC, Saturn, and Buick. The Traverse will be built at Spring Hill, Tennessee and at LDT.
  • Theta: NG Equinox (GMT172) coming 2009 and will be built alongside the GMC Theta (Terrain; Pontiac Torrent replacement).
  • GMT-900: The Silverado, Tahoe, and Suburban receive a MCE then are replaced in 2012 by the C3XX program.
  • GMT-355: GM Brazil will develop the NG Colorado/Canyon (GMT721/722, GMT731/732, GMT741/742) and it will be sold, as with most other upcoming Chevrolet models, globally. A MCE for GMT-355 is possible before the NG models appear. Interesting, Colorados sold outside of the NA market have upgraded, Tahoe-style fascias.
Saturn:
  • A Note about Zeta and GME: A Saturn/Opel Zeta is nothing more than the equivalent of an oxymoron at GM. The guys at Opel don’t hate rear-wheel drive in particular (they did build the Opel Omega, the Insignia concept based on the defunct NA Zeta-platform, and currently have the GT/Sky in their stable, after all), just the VE Zeta platform pretty much. So, nope, there won’t be a Opel/Saturn Omega based on the Holden Commodore in the near future, it seems. But, really, who cares? Their loss.
  • Epsilon II: The NG Aura sedan (GMX354; wagon will be built in Germany alongside it's Opel twin) for North America will be built at the Farfax, Kansas plant alongside the NG Buick LaCrosse, the “large Chevrolet 4-door notchback” (Caprice?), and the current 2008MY Malibu and 2007MY Aura (fleet sales?).
  • Delta II: NG Astra to be built alongside the NG Cobalt outside of the United States.
  • Gamma: NG Corsa to be built outside of the United States and imported.
  • Kappa: The NG Sky (GMX617) arrives for 2010. There are rumors circulating of the possibility of Kappa production shifting to the Y-Car (Corvette, XLR) plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and their factuality remains to be seen thus far.
  • Lambda: NG Saturn Outlook to be built at LDT alongside it’s GMC, Chevy, and Buick platform-mates.
  • Theta: NG Vue coming around 2012 (given the standard five year product cycle at GM).
Cadillac:
  • Zeta: STS/DTS replacement (GMX556) to be built at LGR alongside the Buick Zeta.*
  • Sigma: CTS to continue on the Sigma platform until the next-generation model (where it will most likely be updated), coupe and wagon models join it in 2009. The SRX is gone, it’s void filled by the CTS wagon (GMX206) and the upcoming BRX crossover (GMT166), as well as the STS, as it will be replaced by a Zeta-based model built at LGR that also effectively replaces the G-Body DTS in addition to the STS.
  • Alpha: NG BLS replacement arrives in 2011 based on the upcoming mid-sized, rear-drive Alpha architecture. Some sources indicate Cadillac will develop Alpha, and not Holden, with currency rates being a factor in this decision, if correct.
  • Y-Body: The NG XLR (GMX716) was to ride on the same platform as the C7 Corvette (GMX711/721), but will instead ride on an updated version of the C6 Corvette platform it currently rides on (GMX712).
  • TE (Theta-Epsilon): The BRX crossover (GMT166) is based on a premium front-drive platform that uses components from the Theta and Epsilon II parts bin, and will be shared with the upcoming Saab 9-4X crossover (GMT168). Styling will be based on, but may not totally resemble, the Provoq concept seen at this years NAIAS. Hybrid possible.
  • GMT-900: As with it’s cousins at Chevrolet and GMC, the Escalade receives a MCE before the ‘900s are replaced by the C3XX platform in 2012.
Buick:
  • Zeta: A Zeta-based Lucerne (GMX553) replacement is to be built at LGR alongside the DTS replacement.*
  • Epsilon II: NG LaCrosse (GMX353) is to be built on the global mid-sized Epsilon II architecture in Fairfax, KS alongside the NG Aura/Opel Vectra and the possible Chevrolet full-size sedan/Impala replacement. Lutz has said this NG LaCrosse will be a “mind boggler,” so expect a car that’s far advanced from the current car based on the archaic W-Body platform.
  • Delta II: For Shanghai GM, the NG Buick Excelle (currently a rebadged Suzuki Forenza/Daewoo Lacetti available only in China) will be based on the Delta II architecture that will also support the NG Cobalt, Volt, and NG Astra. There are rumors this car may also be possibly imported into the U.S. as a entry level model to slot under the NG LaCrosse, as Buick customers and dealers want a car smaller than the LaCrosse to sell, as the current G6 doesn't seem to be suitable for Buick customers (under the new structuring, a B-P-G dealer would interest buyers wanting a car smaller than the LaCrosse in the current G6 or G5).
  • Lambda: NG Enclave to be built at LDT alongside it’s GMC, Chevy, and Saturn platform-mates.
GMC:
  • GMT-900: The current GMT-900 Sierra and Yukon/XL receive a MCE before they are replaced with trucks based on the C3XX platform in 2012.
  • GMT-355: As with it’s Colorado twin, a MCE is possible for the Canyon before the NG models (GMT721/722, GMT731/732, GMT741/742), being developed by GM Brazil, appear in 2010. While the Colorado will be sold globally, the Canyon will be exclusive to North America and wherever else GMC trucks are sold.
  • Lambda: NG Acadia to be built at LDT alongside it’s Chevy, Saturn, and Buick platform-mates.
  • Theta: The GMC Terrain (GMT177) arrives for 2009 alongside the NG Chevy Equinox and to replace the Pontiac Torrent.
  • Zeta: Yes, GMC receives a Zeta while, stupidly, Chevrolet does not for the Impala replacement/NG Impala. A concept version of the “Crewman” four-door ute appears at New York and will be sold as a Holden in Australia. A SUV/Crossover based off it has been rumored, to fill the gap left by the Envoy and to supplement the Acadia Lambda crossover.
Pontiac:
  • Note about Pontiac: There are people within GM singing Pontiac’s death song. And the cancellation of the G8 sport wagon makes you wonder if they don’t have a full grasp on the division’s future. However, we should keep in mind GM doesn’t have any current intentions to do a Oldsmobile-style cancellation of Pontiac. The division sells strong in Canada, more so than Chevrolet, and it sells very well in North America overall. Bob Lutz is also a strong defender of Pontiac, so they have him on his side and vice versa. If Pontiac is in fact going down, don’t expect them to do so without a fight. While there may not be a new GTO in sight, Pontiac currently looks in good health.
  • Zeta: The new G8, the replacement for the unsightly Grand Prix based on the elderly W-Body platform, officially arrives in February. Based on the Holden Commodore, the new G8 is a car Pontiac deserved for ages. The G8 will also expand it’s range to include the G8 ST, a rebadge of the Holden Ute light truck. Yes, a NG G8 is very much possible, but expect it to be built in North America when it comes.
  • Epsilon: The current G6 receives a MCE in 2009 before it’s replaced by a rear-drive Alpha-based model in 2011.
  • Alpha: Although rumors have circulated that a mid-sized Chevrolet sedan will ride on the Alpha platform alongside the NG Cadillac BLS, it currently seems as if the NG G6 will be that car instead.
  • Kappa: The Solstice Targa coupe (GMX627) arrives in 2009 and will kick off the NG Kappa cars (Solstice, Sky, GT; GMX617, GMX614, and GMX610 respectively) that are due to arrive a year later in 2010.
  • NUMMI: NG Vibes to hit lots this fall, as it is the new product to be built at the NUMMI plant (GM-Toyota joint venture). It is a twin to the new (and quite ugly) Toyota Matrix, built to the north of NUMMI in Ontario, Canada, under the sheetmetal.
Hummer:
  • GMT-900: The NG H2 (GMT915/H2) arrives in 2010, preceded by the H2 SUT (GMT913) in 2009. The current H2/SUT recently received a MCE that ripped out the cheap Pontiac Aztec-sourced vents and cheap switchgear in favor of GMT-900-style switchgear that feels like it belongs in an SUV costing $50K plus.
  • GMT-355: The H3 (GMT345) could receive updates soon to coincide with the upcoming introduction of the H3 SUT (GMT375). NG models could arrive a few years after the NG Colorado/Canyon (GMT721/722, GMT731/732, GMT741/742) show up at dealers.
  • GMT-785: That code you just read equals up to the H4, the production version of the HX concept recently seen at the 2008 NAIAS auto show. Expect it in 2010.
*Could be replaced by a LWB Epsilon II model if canceled. Edited by YellowJacket894

hopefully alpha takes hole, and while i doubt it... alpha should be engineered with a V8

though ive heard from more then one source that when kappa was being engineered, Lutz had the engine bay built around an LS1... not for a factory setup, but so swaps would be easy.... an alpha coupe with an LS swap would be fun!

Guest YellowJacket894
hopefully alpha takes hole, and while i doubt it... alpha should be engineered with a V8

though ive heard from more then one source that when kappa was being engineered, Lutz had the engine bay built around an LS1... not for a factory setup, but so swaps would be easy.... an alpha coupe with an LS swap would be fun!

Alpha should be engineered to accommodate a V8, I agree with you on that. If it doesn't feature one as an option somewhere along the line (which it probably will not), it should be made to where if someone wanted to buy, say, a ZZ572 crate motor, they can put it in there with little to no modifications.

I'm not totally sure on how easy the swap was, but Mallet (the guys who have tuned Corvettes in the past) put out a V8 Solstice not too long after it debuted.

Buick needs more models, why is there no halo Buick? With 3 models, it seems to me that Buick may be next to go.

Fixed this with some information on the next-generation, Delta II-based Buick Excelle and how it may be imported into the U.S. I haven't dug up anything on if the car is officially bound for the U.S., however. I haven't read or heard anything about it in a few months now.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894
Wow..that's a lot of info....

Kinda sad that the NG of the Balt and Astra won't be made in the US...

It took a long time to write this, to find the codes, find the correct info. It's been four days in the making now and I'm exhausted from working on it, haha.

And I must thank Camino, for helping me catch an error in a rough draft of the report. :)

Hot Rod did the swap using parts all available from a GM parts counter... makes me want a V8 Sky!

That would be quite the Mini-Vette, now wouldn't it? :thumbsup:

Future GM North American Operations

GM%20Logo.jpg

Please note that all information in this report is subject to change. GM is a very internally disrupted company at the moment and many programs have questionable futures. I will try to update and correct the information as I discover it and when I have a free moment. Also, I don’t include SAAB in my report, as it is part of GME, not GMNA.

Chevrolet:

• Zeta: Impala (GMX551) development has been suspended indefinitely and development is now totally focused on a front-drive platform that’s larger than the 2008 Malibu. GMX551 was under scrutiny from the start of the study, which only increased in intensity as it progressed and new CAFE regulations were implemented. It is interesting to note that there is a possibility the NG Impala may not wear the Impala badge. The Camaro (GMX511/521) is still on for production, quite obviously. Global sales will play a role in if the car continues past it’s new fifth generation model (because the Camaro will be sold in the Australian market, as well as possibly the European market, the Camaro may not necessarily need a higher volume supplement as first thought; also, sales of the Zeta Buick and Cadillac can also help support the Camaro as there will be commonality between platforms). There are also rumors that a Zeta-based crossover could arrive and fill the gap left by the TrailBlazer and accompany the Traverse Lambda crossover due in 2009.
  • Epsilon II: NG Malibu replaces the current 2008 NA model as well as replacing the Epica in markets outside North America. A “Chevrolet large 4-door notchback” (read: sedan) as described in the 2007 UAW agreement more than likely will be Epsilon II-based (as it will be built in the Farfax, KS plant that produces Epsilon vehicles). You can place a good bet on this car possibly being the Impala replacement. It could also be built at Oshawa in addition to Fairfax.
  • Delta II: NG Cobalt (arrives in 2010) and the Volt electric hybrid (arrives around the 2009 to 2010 timeframe) will share a common platform, however, Volt will be built in Michigan alongside a Opel Zafira-type vehicle (although this can be subject to change) and the NG Malibu, while the Cobalt will be built outside of the United States, alongside the NG Astra, to help it generate more profits.
  • Gamma: NG Aveo will be built in Lordstown, Ohio alongside the two Alpha-platform cars (the sub-CTS range Cadillac is all but officially confirmed, but if the other car will go to Chevrolet or Pontiac remains to be seen).
  • Alpha: If a Chevrolet Alpha sedan is going to be built remains to be seen. Pontiac is said to be the prime candidate for Alpha at the moment.
  • Y-Body: The NG C7 Corvette (GMX711/712) arrives in 2010. Some sources indicate reduced weight and power to reduce fuel consumption and help meet the 2020 CAFE regulations.
  • Lambda: The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse arrives this fall and will effectively slot below the Saturn Outlook price-wise while replacing the TrailBlazer. It should debut sometime in the near future and have appropriate sheet metal changes made to the rear and front of the vehicle to further differentiate it from it’s platform-mates at GMC, Saturn, and Buick. The Traverse will be built at Spring Hill, Tennessee and at LDT.
  • Theta: NG Equinox (GMT172) coming 2009 and will be built alongside the GMC Theta (Terrain; Pontiac Torrent replacement).
  • GMT-900: The Silverado, Tahoe, and Suburban receive a MCE then are replaced in 2012 by the C3XX program.
  • GMT-355: GM Brazil will develop the NG Colorado/Canyon (GMT721/722, GMT731/732, GMT741/742) and it will be sold, as with most other upcoming Chevrolet models, globally. A MCE for GMT-355 is possible before the NG models appear. Interesting, Colorados sold outside of the NA market have upgraded, Tahoe-style fascias.
Saturn:
  • A Note about Zeta and GME: A Saturn/Opel Zeta is nothing more than the equivalent of an oxymoron at GM. The guys at Opel don’t hate rear-wheel drive in particular (they did build the Opel Omega, the Insignia concept based on the defunct NA Zeta-platform, and currently have the GT/Sky in their stable, after all), just the VE Zeta platform pretty much. So, nope, there won’t be a Opel/Saturn Omega based on the Holden Commodore in the near future, it seems. But, really, who cares? Their loss.
  • Epsilon II: The NG Aura sedan (GMX354; wagon will be built in Germany alongside it's Opel twin) for North America will be built at the Farfax, Kansas plant alongside the NG Buick LaCrosse, the “large Chevrolet 4-door notchback” (Caprice?), and the current 2008MY Malibu and 2007MY Aura (fleet sales?).
  • Delta II: NG Astra to be built alongside the NG Cobalt outside of the United States.
  • Gamma: NG Corsa to be built outside of the United States and imported.
  • Kappa: The Sky (GMX617) continues until 2012 at Wilmington, and a redesign may arrive by the spring of 2010. There are rumors circulating of the possibility of Kappa production shifting to the Y-Car (Corvette, XLR) plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and their factuality remains to be seen thus far.
  • Lambda: NG Saturn Outlook to be built at LDT alongside it’s GMC, Chevy, and Buick platform-mates.
  • Theta: NG Vue coming around 2012 (given the standard five year product cycle at GM).
Cadillac:
  • Zeta: STS/DTS replacement (GMX556) to be built at LGR alongside the Buick Zeta.*
  • Sigma: CTS to continue on the Sigma platform until the next-generation model (where it will most likely be updated), coupe and wagon models join it in 2009. The SRX is gone, it’s void filled by the CTS wagon (GMX206) and the upcoming BRX crossover (GMT166), as well as the STS, as it will be replaced by a Zeta-based model built at LGR that also effectively replaces the G-Body DTS in addition to the STS.
  • Alpha: NG BLS replacement arrives in 2011 based on the upcoming mid-sized, rear-drive Alpha architecture. Some sources indicate Cadillac will develop Alpha, and not Holden, with currency rates being a factor in this decision, if correct.
  • Y-Body: The NG XLR (GMX716) was to ride on the same platform as the C7 Corvette (GMX711/721), but will instead ride on an updated version of the C6 Corvette platform it currently rides on (GMX712).
  • TE (Theta-Epsilon): The BRX crossover (GMT166) is based on a premium front-drive platform that uses components from the Theta and Epsilon II parts bin, and will be shared with the upcoming Saab 9-4X crossover (GMT168). Styling will be based on, but may not totally resemble, the Provoq concept seen at this years NAIAS. Hybrid possible.
  • GMT-900: As with it’s cousins at Chevrolet and GMC, the Escalade receives a MCE before the ‘900s are replaced by the C3XX platform in 2012.
Buick:
  • Zeta: A Zeta-based Lucerne (GMX553) replacement is to be built at LGR alongside the DTS replacement.*
  • Epsilon II: NG LaCrosse (GMX353) is to be built on the global mid-sized Epsilon II architecture in Fairfax, KS alongside the NG Aura/Opel Vectra and the possible Chevrolet full-size sedan/Impala replacement. Lutz has said this NG LaCrosse will be a “mind boggler,” so expect a car that’s far advanced from the current car based on the archaic W-Body platform.
  • Delta II: For Shanghai GM, the NG Buick Excelle (currently a rebadged Suzuki Forenza/Daewoo Lacetti available only in China) will be based on the Delta II architecture that will also support the NG Cobalt, Volt, and NG Astra. There are rumors this car may also be possibly imported into the U.S. as a entry level model to slot under the NG LaCrosse, as Buick customers and dealers want a car smaller than the LaCrosse to sell, as the current G6 doesn't seem to be suitable for Buick customers (under the new structuring, a B-P-G dealer would interest buyers wanting a car smaller than the LaCrosse in the current G6 or G5).
  • Lambda: NG Enclave to be built at LDT alongside it’s GMC, Chevy, and Saturn platform-mates.
GMC:
  • GMT-900: The current GMT-900 Sierra and Yukon/XL receive a MCE before they are replaced with trucks based on the C3XX platform in 2012.
  • GMT-355: As with it’s Colorado twin, a MCE is possible for the Canyon before the NG models (GMT721/722, GMT731/732, GMT741/742), being developed by GM Brazil, appear in 2010. While the Colorado will be sold globally, the Canyon will be exclusive to North America and wherever else GMC trucks are sold.
  • Lambda: NG Acadia to be built at LDT alongside it’s Chevy, Saturn, and Buick platform-mates.
  • Theta: The GMC Terrain (GMT177) arrives for 2009 alongside the NG Chevy Equinox and to replace the Pontiac Torrent.
  • Zeta: Yes, GMC receives a Zeta while, stupidly, Chevrolet does not for the Impala replacement/NG Impala. A concept version of the “Crewman” four-door ute appears at New York and will be sold as a Holden in Australia. A SUV/Crossover based off it has been rumored, to fill the gap left by the Envoy and to supplement the Acadia Lambda crossover.
Pontiac:
  • Note about Pontiac: There are people within GM singing Pontiac’s death song. And the cancellation of the G8 sport wagon makes you wonder if they don’t have a full grasp on the division’s future. However, we should keep in mind GM doesn’t have any current intentions to do a Oldsmobile-style cancellation of Pontiac. The division sells strong in Canada, more so than Chevrolet, and it sells very well in North America overall. Bob Lutz is also a strong defender of Pontiac, so they have him on his side and vice versa. If Pontiac is in fact going down, don’t expect them to do so without a fight. While there may not be a new GTO in sight, Pontiac currently looks in good health.
  • Zeta: The new G8, the replacement for the unsightly Grand Prix based on the elderly W-Body platform, officially arrives in February. Based on the Holden Commodore, the new G8 is a car Pontiac deserved for ages. The G8 will also expand it’s range to include the G8 ST, a rebadge of the Holden Ute light truck. Yes, a NG G8 is very much possible, but expect it to be built in North America when it comes.
  • Epsilon: The current G6 receives a MCE in 2009 before it’s replaced by a rear-drive Alpha-based model in 2011.
  • Alpha: Although rumors have circulated that a mid-sized Chevrolet sedan will ride on the Alpha platform alongside the NG Cadillac BLS, it currently seems as if the NG G6 will be that car instead.
  • Kappa: The Solstice Targa coupe (GMX627) arrives in 2009 and will kick off the NG Kappa cars (Solstice, Sky, GT; GMX614, GMX617, and GMX610 respectively) that are due to arrive a year later in 2010.
Hummer:
  • GMT-900: The NG H2 (GMT915/H2) arrives in 2010, preceded by the H2 SUT (GMT913) in 2009. The current H2/SUT recently received a MCE that ripped out the cheap Pontiac Aztec-sourced vents and cheap switchgear in favor of GMT-900-style switchgear that feels like it belongs in an SUV costing $50K plus.
  • GMT-355: The H3 (GMT345) could receive updates soon to coincide with the upcoming introduction of the H3 SUT (GMT375). NG models could arrive a few years after the NG Colorado/Canyon (GMT721/722, GMT731/732, GMT741/742) show up at dealers.
  • GMT-785: That code you just read equals up to the H4, the production version of the HX concept recently seen at the 2008 NAIAS auto show. Expect it in 2010.
*Could be replaced by a LWB Epsilon II model if canceled.

I'm sure glad you put this caveat in at the beginning of your post, Please note that all information in this report is subject to change. I have a feeling you will be doing a lot of re-writes. :smilewide:

As a pure work of fiction, I applaud your effort, perhaps they will make it into a movie. I'm sure it will be right up there with Roger and Me. :yes:

Guest YellowJacket894
I'm sure glad you put this caveat in at the beginning of your post, Please note that all information in this report is subject to change. I have a feeling you will be doing a lot of re-writes. :smilewide:

Your point? If I was totally stupid and was ignorant to GM's situation, I wouldn't have put that statment at the start of the post. I know how unstable programs at GM are right now.

As a pure work of fiction, I applaud your effort, perhaps they will make it into a movie. I'm sure it will be right up there with Roger and Me. :yes:

Work of pure fiction? Please, Custom. My synopsis holds just as much water as any of your posts here do. I highly doubt you are on here giving information that is one-hundred percent correct (I am not saying they are false, mind you, but you do have to take them with a grain of salt when you read them). And it's obvious why you are not -- you would be putting what position you have at GME on the line.

You starred both the Buick and Cadillac Zeta vehicles.

Does this mean that the DTS/STS replacement could very well be EpII, or is that a slip of the typing hand?

If that is factual information, I may cry.

It could happen in theory, but, no, it's not fact. Yet.

Very well put together!

A few minor things though...

Kappa: The Solstice Targa coupe (GMX627) arrives in 2009 and will kick off the NG Kappa cars (Solstice, Sky, GT; GMX614, GMX617, and GMX610 respectively) that are due to arrive a year later in 2010.

I believe you have the codes mixed up.

It should be:

GMX614 Saturn Sky (NG)

GMX617 Pontiac Solstice (NG)

Kappa: The Sky (GMX617) continues until 2012 at Wilmington, and a redesign may arrive by the spring of 2010. There are rumors circulating of the possibility of Kappa production shifting to the Y-Car (Corvette, XLR) plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and their factuality remains to be seen thus far.

The current SKY is GMX023

Y-Body: The NG XLR (GMX716) was to ride on the same platform as the C7 Corvette (GMX711/721), but will instead ride on an updated version of the C6 Corvette platform it currently rides on (GMX712).

First I have heard of GMX712. :scratchchin:

Guest YellowJacket894
Very well put together!

A few minor things though...

I believe you have the codes mixed up.

It should be:

GMX614 Saturn Sky (NG)

GMX617 Pontiac Solstice (NG)

Fixed, and thank you.

The current SKY is GMX023

That part of my report got a little bit tongue-tied in what it was meant to say (I didn't mean to reference the current Sky). But thanks for letting me know the code.

Also, your codes page made a good quick reference site during writing up the final draft before posting it up here. Helped me keep things and all of the data (internal documents, article, after article, after article) I have straight as an arrow. :)

Guest YellowJacket894
Well, I enjoyed reading that bit of news. I still say that it is sad that there will be no Zeta-based Impala, but that is one horse that has already been beaten, and beaten, and beaten, so I won't go any futher. Thanks for the info!

You are welcome. :)

Guest YellowJacket894
Hey poly, they think there isn't Solstice Targa coupe in existence, I bet you and i can find one or two in Wilmington if we look hard enough. :smilewide:

Yawn, y'all be better off looking at this but even this is not up to date!

http://www3.sympatico.ca/tedkrygier/future.htm

:rolleyes:

Wow. You are really that ignorant. Did you, perhaps, manage to read one of my replies to one of Ted's posts? The site you linked to was used as a reference during the final stages of writing this.

Your English in the post about the Solstice Targa is as bad as my German, Custom. You've left out words essential to basic coherence und ich verstehe nicht was sie sagen.

And I have a document on my computer that is very recent showing a Solstice Targa for '09, noted as a NG model. :AH-HA_wink:

:rolleyes:

Wow. You are really that ignorant. Did you, perhaps, manage to read one of my replies to one of Ted's posts? The site you linked to was used as a reference during the final stages of writing this.

Your English in the post about the Solstice Targa is as bad as my German, Custom. You've left out words essential to basic coherence und ich verstehe nicht was sie sagen.

And I have a document on my computer that is very recent showing a Solstice Targa for '09, noted as a NG model. :AH-HA_wink:

Like I said, the site I linked to and your article are somewhat behind the times. The Solstice Targa for 09 is alive and well in Wilmington, in 08. Oh and please refer to me as PCS or Pontiac Custom-S, your choice, because Custom is not a name I use. It reminds of the Ford Custom 500, not a car I liked, but I doubt you would remember it, it was way before your time. :AH-HA_wink:

Guest YellowJacket894
Like I said, the site I linked to and your article are somewhat behind the times.

Well, the very few sources I have been in contact with assured me most information they provided me was as recent as possible. Maybe they held out on me, I don't know. They seemed honest. And a lot of blanks had to be filled in as well. Then I was on my own for a lot of stuff. But I know that this is as accurate as anything you'll find in any magazine, probably more so.

The Solstice Targa for 09 is alive and well in Wilmington, in 08.

I know. I can pull up a document that says so within a few clicks.

Oh and please refer to me as PCS or Pontiac Custom-S, your choice, because Custom is not a name I use. It reminds of the Ford Custom 500, not a car I liked, but I doubt you would remember it, it was way before your time. :AH-HA_wink:

Ford Custom 500? Yes, I know what it is. It was basically to the Galaxie like the Bel Air was to the Impala in 1974: a value-priced package available on a popular full-sized car.

We can call him Rolex, since he's a European timekeeper..

I'm not the timekeeper, I'm just reminding you that time is slipping away, and with it all your dreams and desires will go with it. By 2020 the V8 will be dead. The V6 may be dead for vehicles under 8,500 GVWR and Americans and Europeans will be driving the same f'ing cars because of CAFE and the ECE CO2 regulations coming on line in 2011.

We will all be driving plug in hybrids powered by eel farts. Are you ready? I am.

I'm not the timekeeper, I'm just reminding you that time is slipping away, and with it all your dreams and desires will go with it. By 2020 the V8 will be dead. The V6 may be dead for vehicles under 8,500 GVWR and Americans and Europeans will be driving the same f'ing cars because of CAFE and the ECE CO2 regulations coming on line in 2011.

We will all be driving plug in hybrids powered by eel farts. Are you ready? I am.

Give me some of what you are on. At least it will stop me from dreaming of being a campaign manager.

We have shot the messenger repeatedly, but only because he makes it seem like he loves to administer bitter pills from The Future. I don't believe for a minute he loves it as much as he makes us think he does. Edited by ocnblu