Journey Center stacks

Yuck! Can the answer be "None of the Above?"

Well, honestly, they're all probably production interiors. It probably has to do with differences between trim levels. The bottom has manual climate control and no controls on the steering wheel. The upper has auto-controls everywhere along with the two-tone leather interior.

Yuck! Can the answer be "None of the Above?"

Well, honestly, they're all probably production interiors. It probably has to do with differences between trim levels. The bottom has manual climate control and no controls on the steering wheel. The upper has auto-controls everywhere along with the two-tone leather interior.

Thing is, the top has manual climate controls too. And why would it have the Nav system in two separate places?

The one with the NAV screen at the bottom of the stack is hilariously pathetic. I mean... a screen that low is completely silly.

One *COULD* look at their feet while using the Nav...

:AH-HA_wink:

I can imagine how the location was chosen with the need to sell over the counter front end parts for repairs....

:scratchchin:

On Dodge.com, the screen is at the top of the stack, the radio head unit at the bottom...

The pic with the Navi/Head unit as one may be a dealer installed upgrade if not factory equipped. The radio chassis looks to be the same double DIN as the rest of Chrysler's lineup....

On Dodge.com, the screen is at the top of the stack, the radio head unit at the bottom...

The pic with the Navi/Head unit as one may be a dealer installed upgrade if not factory equipped. The radio chassis looks to be the same double DIN as the rest of Chrysler's lineup....

That's a possible explanation, or maybe the Canada spec Journey (if it's being sold there) is different that way (even though it was tested in Nevada).

What's baffling till is the steering wheel. the Dodge site shows one, but the rags show a different one for R/T models, although edmunds also has one with that wheel. There's also the color scheme issue. The color scheme is the same in all 3, but different pieces are colored on the dash...so is that an optional scheme or what a preproduction model/production model looks like verses the other?

It's a mystery!

Dude, calm down, breathe deeply, and let's all say together: "pre-production interior mock-up." I'd say the cheaper-looking one is probably the original design, and the more upscale-looking one the result of Chrysler's "Oh $h!!" revelation.

Dude, calm down, breathe deeply, and let's all say together: "pre-production interior mock-up." I'd say the cheaper-looking one is probably the original design, and the more upscale-looking one the result of Chrysler's "Oh $h!!" revelation.

I'm not having mental breakdown :P'

I just find it curious that there are so many versions of the same thing, at least some of them are probably preproduction but the question is which. It's just curious that the Dodge site has different versions than what the auto rags are reporting. Then again, I've seen a couple errors on the site, like the Caliber SE Plus being available with a 5-speed automatic.

This gives me one extra warm fuzzy about the Traverse.

This is more an Equinox competitor. The Traverse doesn't have a 4-cylinder standard, nor does it start at $19,895.

The Journey is only scary when you start adding options..

Edited by empowah

I'd say Dodge.com would have the correct shots in this case too, especially since they look photoshopped, like they lent out the pre-pro models to auto123 et al but decided to update the interior as a result of the Sebring/Avenger fiasco.

The one I sat in at the auto show on Friday had NAV at the bottom. Storage bin at the top. Interior materials were better than other Chrsler products, but not as good as the Lambdas. NAV at the bottom was terrible, and the shifter sat at an odd angle, IMO. There was no possible way to look at the NAV and have any idea what's going on in front of you. I have a picture I'll post at some point.

The one I sat in at the auto show on Friday had NAV at the bottom. Storage bin at the top. Interior materials were better than other Chrsler products, but not as good as the Lambdas. NAV at the bottom was terrible, and the shifter sat at an odd angle, IMO. There was no possible way to look at the NAV and have any idea what's going on in front of you. I have a picture I'll post at some point.

The Nevada test was carried in the papers up here too... but the original Journey interior that was revealed with the SUV a while back was certainly not the ergo-nightmare they tested... It's unfortunate, and if they produce the NAV on the Bottom as I fear, it' will be a big mistake.

The Nevada test was carried in the papers up here too... but the original Journey interior that was revealed with the SUV a while back was certainly not the ergo-nightmare they tested... It's unfortunate, and if they produce the NAV on the Bottom as I fear, it' will be a big mistake.

Problem is, even with the Nav on teh top the controls for it are still at the bottom..it's not touchscrreen. :stupid:

Problem is, even with the Nav on teh top the controls for it are still at the bottom..it's not touchscrreen. :stupid:

Well... They got the exterior right IMO... stick by your brand and give them time... I'm sure they'll have the interior right by the EMCE... I really like the 300, Charger, and Challenger interiors... Hell I even like the Sebring and Avenger, and this is silly IMO.

Well... They got the exterior right IMO... stick by your brand and give them time... I'm sure they'll have the interior right by the EMCE... I really like the 300, Charger, and Challenger interiors... Hell I even like the Sebring and Avenger, and this is silly IMO.

Oh I'll always stand by Mopar, but when they do something stupid I have no problem pointing it out (just like I have no problem pointing out GM, Ford, any Imports' stupid moves) :P

I really can't wait for the EMCEs of the Avenger/Sebring...I hope they go all out and prove they can make great interiors (besides the Ram, which looks to have a very nice interior). Hope they work on the exteriors some too.