Autoholic217

2009 Nissan Maxima Spyshot

24 posts in this topic

Lookin good lookin good....

Spy photographers have caught the first ever images of the redesigned Nissan Maxima, a month ahead of it’s New York Auto Show introduction. With sales expected to begin this fall, the seventh-generation will be badged as a 2009 model.

A Renault-Nissan diesel powerplant is expected to follow the initial engine offerings, arriving in a couple years as a 2011 model. In addition to the diesel motor, a Toyota-developed hybrid system may also be offered – and we’re expecting this as early as the 2010 model year!

Watch for the uncloaked version to debut next month!

Leftlanenews.com

Look, everybody, it's Chris's birthday present. :P

Hard to tell anything with the acres of black garbage bags taped on it, but I think the rear fenders have a little hip to them.

Looks too similar to the current generation as far as I can tell. Its getting to be time that the Max turns rear wheel drive and competes with the Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger/Pontiac G8

Also, from what I can tell, the front reminds me of the now departed Q45.

all of nissans 'new models' lately have merely been thin evolutions of the previous version. i had hoped the max would have been changed a lot. guess not. nissan will need a new styling direction soon.

Is that a hood bulge or a pocket of air?

I still don't understand why this car can coexist with the Altima. If you want upscale, there's the Skyline.

Is that a hood bulge or a pocket of air?

It's just foam blocks or something under the camo.

If this is the Maxima, then it's a very good copy of a Volvo.

Hah don't worry...it came out of a Nissan facility and has a Nissan plate.

I still don't understand why this car can coexist with the Altima. If you want upscale, there's the Skyline.

Besides the GT-R, what is this Skyline of which you speak?

Besides the GT-R, what is this Skyline of which you speak?

i think she's referring to the G35/G37, which are called the Skyline in the Japan (the new GT-R is not a Skyline).

i think she's referring to the G35/G37, which are called the Skyline in the Japan (the new GT-R is not a Skyline).

Most likely.

And Toni's a he, not a she. :P

Hmm... I guess I learn something new every day, although it's something I should have known. :duh:

I often see people still refer to the forthcoming GT-R as a Skyline though... just wanted to make sure that he wasn't doing the same.

Most likely.

And Toni's a he, not a she. :P

Ohh...sorry. I am used to that spelling being feminine, i.e. Toni Morrison, Toni Braxton etc..

Edited by moltar

Hmm... I guess I learn something new every day, although it's something I should have known. :duh:

I often see people still refer to the forthcoming GT-R as a Skyline though... just wanted to make sure that he wasn't doing the same.

Yeah...easy enough to do, since the GT-R in the past has always been a Skyline... it's too bad they don't call the new one Skyline, since GT-R by itself is so generic, while 'Skyline' is very evocative...reminds me of fast drives along Skyline Drive (an incredible road in the Santa Cruz mountains in the SF Bay Area).

It's just foam blocks or something under the camo.

Hah don't worry...it came out of a Nissan facility and has a Nissan plate.

Ahh, so Renault has secretly bought Volvo after all :AH-HA_wink:

I can see a sort of Volvo-ish shoulder line on last year's Intima concept, but other than that this looks nothing like either the Intima or the current Maxima. It's certainly a departure.

:o Wow, that would be shocking!