Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

G8s are finally shipping to dealers

31 posts in this topic

I was just over on the G8 board and they have pics of them loading onto railcars with some posters reporting that the cars are already at the dealerships. So keep your eyes open for G8s on the road!

This is most excellent news !!!!

Some people are griping because this car does not have a manual transmission or navigation but this car is going to kick ass and give GM a perception boost.

i do gripe... i wish t had the 6 speed from launch.. but cool nonetheless!

i do gripe... i wish t had the 6 speed from launch.. but cool nonetheless!

Ladies please, to your neutral corners. :smilewide:

Most of us couldn't buy one even if we had the money. 30K a year is too few for a country this size starved for V8 power. Why GM is restricting the Astra and G8 doesn't make sense. I do't understand the "shrink the company" mindset. You can't sell something if you don't have something to sell. Why is GM trying to shrink the company? GM should try to boost production of the G8. Are they afraid the UAW will get mad because the car isn't made in America? I wished GM would bring more over.

i think holden is maxxed out as far as how many they can ship.

It's about bloody time they got these to dealers.

AWESOME news!

Hopefully they will arrive in Chicagoland sooner rather than later....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We'll feel so alive" ... Boys Like Girls ... 'The Great Escape'

AWESOME news!

Hopefully they will arrive in Chicagoland sooner rather than later....

"We'll feel so alive" ... Boys Like Girls ... 'The Great Escape'

The coasts get them first.

The coasts get them first.

Crap.

I was afraid of that :(.

Dangblasted.

"Yeah, we got problems here in the land of the free" ... Barbara Mandrell ... 'In Times Like These'

Derek, that roof rack seems soooo perfectly Australian. I wouldn't have one, but I love it.

I'm not too close to the coast... but hopefully one dealership within a 50 mile radius gets one in the next 6 months. I think it took about a year for the GTO. :P

I went over to the dealer and sat in a G8 over noon.

impressions, tasteful, not lavish, think the level of a mazda3 interior, a little nicer, or a mercury milan interior, and of course more spacious...although not 'cavernous' feeling. Gauges and SW are very nice. center stack is a bit dull, but that can be jazzed up in the future. seats were nice, not overly bolstered. The seats did sit a bit lower than i would like but i did not play with any adjustments. back seat is maybe accord sized, its not gigantic and limo like, like the 300. View out the dash is very panoramic. Definitely doesn't give a clue to which wheels are driving the car or how long the hood is.

trunk space is deep and fairly wide, but not really all that tall (dang rear drivers). From that standpoint I think its borderline failure in terms of usefulness, even if the 'capacity' is high. The Lincoln LS had the same problem.

Note to GM, that issue is fixed by bringing over the wagon.

The car looks awesome, has the perfect stance and the short front overhang is way sexy. this is a slick looking car!

it has one of those fancy flip out euro key fobs. Don't ever let the wife stab your leg with it in a fight.

to be truthful I like it a lot, the interior is nice although I had expected it to be a tish nicer. The touch points are all good though, the seat, shifter, pedals, SW. I would prefer the cupholders not be back so far on the armrest, but you gotta make room to row your own, you know.

Parked next to other NA GM models, the G8 really stands out as classier. It's styling is not as campy as so many GM cars are. Next to Maxima, it would make the Max look like puke.

I must say, they had some killer looking G6 coupes and convertibles on the lot. Those are sexy cars too. Pontiac needs to update the G6 interior right pronto to keep the car relevant.

Will I get a G8? Hard to say, I gotta drive one, and determine if I am ok with smaller trunk, low seating, lack of fold down front seat / rear seat etc. I wish the stick were out now although apparently its not far away. A DI v6 with stick would be nice.

I wonder if I would like black, red, white or ignition orange. I could enjoy any of those colors I think.

It really comes down to if you want RWD. It's defintely your car if that's your game. The Charger which already looks bad looks even worse after you see the G8. I love the styling and powertrains, but the price may be out of reach for me and I may miss some of the function I have in my car now. But the g8 for the price is really in the upper echelon in terms of classiness of the presentation.

Edited by regfootball

I sat in a G8 earlier this afternoon. I agree with everything you said.

They didn't let me drive it, unfortunately. :(

I wonder if I would like black, red, white or ignition orange. I could enjoy any of those colors I think.

I got some pics of a white G8 here, nothing fantastic. The red one in the showroom wasn't fantastic either.

I got some pics of a white G8 here, nothing fantastic. The red one in the showroom wasn't fantastic either.

I saw the exact same car at the dealership near my parents' house. (Well, not the EXACT same car, but you know what I mean.) That would probably be the only car I'd ever buy in white.

I can see why you're underwhelmed by it, but here's the take I have on it:

Look at what it's replacing.

Perrine in NJ has two; a six banger and a GT. Both white. I only looked at the GT and it was one of the 888 and had an additional $3,000 added to the sticker. No sunroof either.

I can see why you're underwhelmed by it, but here's the take I have on it:

Look at what it's replacing.

Touché

Perrine in NJ has two; a six banger and a GT. Both white. I only looked at the GT and it was one of the 888 and had an additional $3,000 added to the sticker. No sunroof either.

None of the 888 have a sunroof.

None of the 888 have a sunroof.

No sunroof, no HUD, does it come with Holden Assist, oops, I mean OnStar? :smilewide:

pontiacs have always looked good in white, to me, albeit those are relics from the cladding era.

these stories of dealer markups are disturbing.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0