Retro 5th Gen CONFIRMED

Mr.

Very exciting news.

If indeedy it is true, yes.

I'm still not counting any chickens just yet....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

First gen all around is the right way to go IMHO. The 2nd gen nose does not work with the first gen. body. They're two completely different designs. I hope a 5th gen. really is in the works. :mellow:

I can only offer this: I was at the Tech Center today, and Ed Welburn, Top Dog at Design, pulls out of the garage in a yellow & black
striped '69 Camaro SS. It's a 4speed car that looks like new, with updated tires and wheels...after it's warmed up, he starts power shifting,
and doing hot laps around the lake. Every one that works at Design knows he loves that car more than any other. I can't get into details about what's new at work, just thought you guys should know ....
He's one of us!!! http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif Edited by mightymouse

I can only offer this: I was at the Tech Center today, and Ed Welburn, Top Dog at Design, pulls out of the garage in a yellow & black
striped '69 Camaro SS. It's a 4speed car that looks like new, with updated tires and wheels...after it's warmed up, he starts power shifting,
and doing hot laps around the lake. Every one that works at Design knows he loves that car more than any other. I can't get into details about what's new at work, just thought you guys should know ....
He's      one  of      us!!!    http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

[post="32777"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Isn't that his daily driver? I thought RP/Fbodfather said it was. And I take it that you're saying he wants a new Camaro that looks similar to the '69 http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

I was told a while back the front was also not the same look but was not told what to expect. But the roof would be sleek like a 2nd gen and styling cue's from the 3rd and 4th would be incorperated into the car. I see some of this in the drawing. The car as a whole is not retro in a Mustang kind of way. It is more retro in a Vette kind of way. The new Vette has cue's from many different gen's incorperated into one new design. The bottom line is it will be a whole new design but when you look at it you know it is a Camaro. They want to avoid the full retro look but also avoid the complaints like they GTO generated of not looking like a GTO. I am excited and waiting for Detroit. Edited by hyperv6

I was told a while back the front was also not the same look but was not told what to expect. But the roof would be sleek like a 2nd gen and styling cue's from the 3rd and 4th would be incorperated into the car. I see some of this in the drawing.

The car as a whole is not retro in a Mustang kind of way. It is more retro in a Vette kind of way. The new Vette has cue's from many different gen's incorperated into one new design. 

The bottom line is it will be a whole new design but when you look at it you know it is a Camaro. They want to avoid the full retro look but also avoid the complaints like they GTO generated of not looking like a GTO.

I am excited and waiting for Detroit.

[post="32970"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Okay... That sounds much better. ^_^

BTW, what is this sketch that everyone is talking about. I must have missed it...

Okay... That sounds much better.  ^_^

BTW, what is this sketch that everyone is talking about. I must have missed it...

[post="33057"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think the talk's about Crispey's Camaro sketch (it should be in the first post if I'm not mistaken).

Thanks so much hyper. A 2nd Gen roofline would be perfect. Just perfect.

yellow & black striped '69 Camaro SS. It's a 4speed car that looks like new, with updated tires and wheels...after it's warmed up, he starts power shifting,

[post="32777"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You're making my heart skip beats. I'm with Turbo... '69 Camaros ARE perfect. :)

Posted Image

So are they going for more of a fastback like the Mustang or a semi-fastback like this 1970 Camaro? Any word on big vs. little back window?

[post="33127"][/post]

The last I was told the roof was very similar [not identical] to the 2nd Gen Camaro. The person who told me said "think 2nd Gen".

As for the rear window nothing was said. They would have to cut into to the C pillar by the rear door or wrap the rear window to cut the blind spot would be my guess.

The styling of using cue's from all years blends with what has been told GM publicly stated of the new GTO too.

Mr.  Oct 22 2005, 07:25 PM Post #1 

Stock Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,197

View Vehicles

Ran into same old friend (refer to previous post http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=2015)

We started talking about the photograph I emailed.

They said "That's the body but the front is entirely different".

Very exciting news.

Oh and I do wonder where the inspiration for that rendering came from. Least we forget! Edited by evok

Oh and I do wonder where the inspiration for that rendering came from.  Least we forget!

[post="33318"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Does that guy still post here?

http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif