the 99 Alero is now gone and I now have a...

2008 Honda Civic LX 2 door, 5spd

dek08civic05ez0.jpg

dek08civic01zs0.jpg

dek08civic02zt6.jpg

dek08civic03xy3.jpg

dek08civic04wm5.jpg

Well, as of lately my Alero has been having a lot of problems that have been driving me nuts.. (wheel bearing, weird electrical issues, rust developments, ect) and I just got a nice promotion in my new job so I felt it was time to go on my first NEW car purchase.

I went out Thursday with a friend to a few dealerships, I had my mind set on an Astra but cheapest one there was priced at 19k and while out in the lot for like 45 min looking at cars not ONE salesman came out and asked if we needed help.. (kinda love it.. when I have the intention to buy you're left alone, but when you go there to just check cars you're swamped every 5 min). So then we went next door to the Pontiac/Cadillac/GMC dealer ship and was able to take a G5 out on a test drive. My first impressions was.. I was cramped and I'm 5'8", engine felt really gutless, and the car just didn't call out to me. Then we went to a near by Nissan dealership where I wanted to check out the new Altima but I couldn't justify the 26k price tag.. and the Sentra does nothing for me so then we went off to the Honda dealership. I gotta admit I like the new looks of the Accord but they were priced around the same lines as the Altima was (why are most coupes priced higher than the sedans?). So I asked if they had any civics I could take out for a test drive so I took one out and imminently if felt better than the G5, more power, felt more roomy and everything else felt comfortable.

Well, hate or love the car.. I love it..

Is the double decka dash hard to get used to?

Congratulations on the new car, Mr. Decka. The only Asian car company I have real contempt for is Toyota. Honda, I don't mind atall.

I see you got the factory accessory foglights. Did you have those installed, or were they already in the bumper when you purchased the car? I understand they're pretty expensive.

Congrats! You'd be amazed at how many of the of us here at least respect the Civic for what it is. I personally like the coupe bnetter than the sedan so fine choice there. The interior is also a nicer place to be than most compacts (and some midsizers). Congrats on your new car!

Just out of curiosity, did you ever give the Mazda3 a try?

Thanks for the feed back... :Toyota: was NEVER on my shopping list, granted the Corolla is cheap, it doesn't appeal to me and my buddy that went along with me despises them just as much.

Is the double decka dash hard to get used to?

Congratulations on the new car, Mr. Decka. The only Asian car company I have real contempt for is Toyota. Honda, I don't mind atall.

I see you got the factory accessory foglights. Did you have those installed, or were they already in the bumper when you purchased the car? I understand they're pretty expensive.

I really like the split dash kinda unique but seems futuristic in some way...

Yeah I had the foglights put on, nah they weren't cheap but the plastic covers were really bothering me :P

Yeah I did consider a Mazda 3 but I really wanted a coupe and once i drove the Civic my heart was set.

Wish I could say congrats.... I think the current Civic is ugly inside & out!

I drove one at the dealership last summer, was NOT impressed at ALL.

Today I put a sticker on my rear window (of the Banana Boat) that says

YOUR HONDA IS MY CRUMPLE ZONE

He's going alphabetical. Maybe he's hoping the last vehicle he ever buys is a Zamboni....

Seriously, nice car, nice color, and a MANUAL! Praise the God of internal combustion!

Chris

• 1 month later...

Very nice and a great choice.

I considered the new Civic coupe due to its cab forward styling (thank you Chrysler!) but was a bit turned off by its spaceship interior design despite the nice materials and build quality, plus I do fit in it well. I haven't driven one of the new generation, but I have one of the previous, and it was a good little car.

I turned down the Cobalt because I couldn't find a right fit for me in the driver's seat, really wanted an Astra but wasn't available at the time, so I got my 2008 Volkswagen Golf.