Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Useless kitchen crap!

Satty

GOD THERE IS SO MUCH USELESS CRAP IN MY KITCHEN!!!!

Ok, I'm better now, but this is pretty bad. My fiancee finally got the last of her crap out of her apartment (lease is up the 30th) and brought it over and there is no freaking room for it. I'd be more than happy to make room, but its stupid, useless $h!. Who the hell buys a "Margaritaville Frozen Concotion Maker" (aka a less useful blender) or a Smoothie maker (aka a really useless blender) or a Quesadilla maker? Ok, so I also have a quesadilla maker, but now we've got two. And why does she have two melon ballers? I only have one and it has never been used. I have no idea what we're going to do with this crap.

On the bright side, she found her Sega Genesis, which is awesome, cause mine broke.

Relax, man. You just don't know what living is until you have a cabinet full of egg cups, ravioli crimpers, and garlic presses!

And original NES and Super Nintendo could wipe the floor with Genesis with ten percent of either of their libraries and one controller tied behind their back!

Garlic is a dirty word. I hate the smell, and the taste in most things. Plus, if you're not wearing gloves when working with it, the smell never comes off your hands. I only cook with it if I absolutely have to.

So no need to worry about garlic presses here. Ravioli crimper thought, I could use one of those, might entice me to make my own ravioli.

I have decided to make the margarita thing useful, gonna make a few then kick back and play some NBA Jam Tournament Edition!

Startropics for NES = Hardest game EVER!!! I wasted years of my life with that game.

Blades of Steel NES best hockey game ever just bump into a guy to start a fight.

Yeah I was looking through the kitchen and wonder why i have a waffle maker and fondue pot next to each other.

Nothing beats NES, although I'd love to get a Sega Saturn or a Dreamcast one of these days, just because they're uncommon. Screw the 360, Wii and PS3, I'll take some 90's technology anyday.

I loved the Dreamcast, it's ashame the PS2 hype killed it. I never got to own an NES or SNES...but hey that's what emulators are for now.

...and like the saying goes, if you still want a Saturn, your head is in Uranus. :P

No kitchen is complete without a Sweda Sandwich Maker.

fixed.

I now have 4, count them 4 stand mixers. One from each major manufacturer. Oster, Kitchen Aid, Sunbeam, and Cuisinart.

2 blenders.

3 food processors.

A bread machine - actually use this weekly.

A deep fryer

2 waffle irons - 1 belgian, 1 "standard"

3 different sizes of crock pots.

More wine/champaign/martini glasses than the number of people who can actually fit in the house.

I've completely lost count of the number of ornate bundt cake pans and even mini bundt cake pans we have......

and of course, the Sweda Sandwich Maker

This is what happens when two gay men who are good cooks move in together......

I loved the Dreamcast, it's ashame the PS2 hype buggy/unfinished Sonic Adventure launch title, high pricetag, awkward oversized controller, and limited library killed it. I never got to own an NES or SNES...but hey that's what emulators are for now.

...and like the saying goes, if you still want a Saturn, your head is in Uranus. :P

Fixed.

Croc... don't forget lack of DVD capability. Basically they rushed it to market without a lot of desirable features.

Satty... it's life. I've been through it. We actually gave duplicate items to goodwill.

The Bullit is the best drink-mix blender on the face of the planet. Being able to mix in the same container you will drink from means less dishes to wash! Yay!... or in my case, less dishes to put into the dish washer. Either way, it saves me time! We also use it to blend fresh vegetables to make my boy's baby-food. That alone has made it a miracle-machine. It seems so powerful, you'd swear it practically ran on a friggin' vaccum motor!

My wife manages to find some of those other useless gimmick machines. Still, she manages to stumble across a good machine that really makes life easier. Case in point, a Starfrit Meat Slicer that helps dispose of the annual Christmas smoked-ham 'block' that is just annoying to attempt making slices for sandwiches any other way. As with any kitchen 'device', they are as time saving as they advertise them to be... until you have to CLEAN the damned things. Of course, that's why we love our Bullit blender.

As for gaming, the Wii really brings me back because I've been buying all of the old console games through the Wii store. It's really cool, being able to download original games for multiple consoles: All the Nintendo consoles, original Sega and the Genesis, NeoGeo, Turbo Grafix 16, and others. They're pretty cheap ($5 for Nes games), but the killer is finding time to play them all! Heck, I still have my original Nes, Super Nes, and N64. The Wii has overtaken the fun of my PS2. Maybe the PS3 will be the next purchase since we'll be wanting to take advantage of BluRay.

Edited by ShadowDog

my sister got me a panini press for xmas.....WHO NEEDS ONE?

i am guilty of getting a smoothie blender from walmart last year. made in china, use #3 i fried it and burned it and now its garbage.

we have like 4 coffee / espresso makers, but only use one. LOL

by the way, the coffee press is the best way to make coffee.

I had 2 Mr. Coffees and an espresso maker by myself, so I cant say anything about having too many coffee makers. And yes, the Margaritaville is a pricey piece that does a spectacular job of crushing ice, but seriously, why would anyone ever buy one?

I dont own a waffle maker (that I know of, at least) but I really want one. Maybe I can use one of the quesadilla makers for waffles?

i am guilty of getting a smoothie blender from walmart last year. made in china, use #3 i fried it and burned it and now its garbage

Remember when you warned me about getting that same one for my sister? Well, it burned out about 2 months after she started using it...$20 p.o.s.

Garlic is a dirty word. I hate the smell, and the taste in most things.

I KNEW you were a freekin' vampire!!!

Only blood sucking, nocturnal, centuries old walking dead

make fun of hardtop obsessive, Toyota hating Slovakians.

All stupidity aside I LOVE garlic.

The only item I rarely use would be the carrot/apple/pear/whatever juicer, which is noisier than the woodchipper on which it's (probably) based.

Everything else seems to get a lot of use -- J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star II chef's knife (holy s***, this MFer's sharp), All-Clad stainless steel 6-qt deep saute pot ($74.99 from Williams Sonoma; apart from the handle, identical to their 6 qt stockpot that costs 3x more), and Microplane (great for cheese or zest).

Crate&Barrel has these surprisingly high-quality, restaurant-style pasta bowls for only $8/each. I love 'em...

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?...mp;SearchPage=1

Crate&Barrel has these surprisingly high-quality, restaurant-style pasta bowls for only $8/each. I love 'em...

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?...mp;SearchPage=1

Crate & Barrel also has the Clio martini glass: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?...mp;SearchPage=1

I got 12 or so of those, and my friend was working there at the time so she gave me the employee discount.