2008 YTD fleet sales

wow. mazda has some fleet queens. the uplander is the fleet god.

people do need fleet cars though. fleets and rental can take advantage of the opportunity to impress someone about a brand or model.

Bingo..without rentals, I would never be exposed to GM or Ford cars...

It's ashame that people are too retarded to not choose the Magnum because its a ZOMG wagon and not a wagon to stilts.

Could be the crappy interior, RWD and general WT image the car got when it was rolled out to all those redneck "That thing got a Hemi?" commercials.

The 300 is the only one of those RWD Chryslers that looks really good. The Charger and the Magnum look too clunky (although I do happen to like the look of the Magnum.) Also, when driving the Magnum, if does feel a little claustrophobic inside, due to the long tunnel behind you.

The fleet numbers are somewhat surprising, I guess. I've gone on record before as saying fleeting is not such a bad thing, but when it approaches 30% or more, that can't be a good. 20-30% is probably a healthy number to keep the factories humming, the used car lots full and the dealers happy. Any more than that and it is going to impact resale values in a very real way.

YIKES!!!! Chrysler LLC's 2008 Fleet percentages....

Chrysler 300 43.4%

Chrysler Sebring 62.2% (sedan)

Chrysler Sebring 69.9% (convertible)

Chrysler PT Cruiser 63.8%

Chrysler Town & Country 30.4%

Chrysler Pacifica 42.1%

Chrysler Aspen 29.9%

Dodge Journey 28.4%

Dodge Caravan 51.6%

Dodge Caliber 56.6%

Dodge Avenger 65.5%

Dodge Charger 52.0%

Dodge Magnum 75.4%

Dodge Nitro 23.4%

Dodge Durango 56.6%

Jeep Compass 19.4%

Jeep Patriot 16.9%

Jeep Liberty 21.8%

Jeep Commander 23.6%

Jeep Grand Cherokee 22.0%

My personal favorites though:

Avalon 25.6% :rotflmao:

Highlander 21.0% :rotflmao:

Lucerne 13.2% :gitfunky:

Enclave 6.3% :gitfunky:

I posted this in Chrysler's sales topic... thought it'd be appropriate here...

As I've posted before, the UPlander/SV6 outsells everything except the Caravan up here. Then again, they are getting cheaper than dirt. You can get a LS Uplander for less $ than a HHR or Cobalt.

Bingo..without rentals, I would never be exposed to GM or Ford cars...

well dodgefan, that's how i came to like the magnum was i had one as a loaner......but, i also learned what gave me pause about the car too.

i bought 2 diamantes because we had one for a week as a rental in napa valley. they were almost totally fleet, but it was a nice car once the prices came down. that's why when folks rip mitsubishi i at least say i actually owned them and they are just as ok as any of the other asian barf. It did actually beat the pilot in an edmunds comparo...so its not like its crap. just dated now and a solid vehicle with assloads of warranty.

actually over noon i went and looked at another endeavor, as i've had that as a loaner too....and a galant. for the prices you can get those cars, i'm glad they were in fleet for a year. it makes a great buy for someone like me that doesn't want to spend money on cars.

speaking of the magnum, a lot i was on yesterday had an 06 black magnum....very sexy.....12 grand. But the 2.7 is the 2.7 (need more go juice) tthe interior is rubbermaid, and the RWD to me won't fly in this climate. The price was right and it looked hot. I'm glad actually that Dodge made that car...even if needs some tweaks, for the right price and equipment level I would strongly consider one as well.

Edited by regfootball

Do you really want to justify this:

2005-Dodge-Magnum-Interior-1024x768.jpg

as being an appropriate interior for a $30,000 car?

Well aside from picking a picture that isn't flattering, I'll have to say that after a year+ with ours my wife still LOVES her car.

ENTHUSIASTICALLY.

She actually saw her interior before buying the car, and she got a chance to drive in the car before buying it too!

LOL

What car do you have that has dual climate control, Boston Acoustics stereo, heated leather fully adjustable power seats, power pedals, a completely useful EVIC display accessible through the steering wheel, etc etc etc etc etc?

Go ride in a loaded Magnum for a week, or even a fairly equipped Magnum R/T and come back and tell me what you think.... :AH-HA_wink:

They are GREAT domestic cars IMO. We bought one with our hard earned money, and strangely, WE LIKE IT!

We have weekly meets on our LX forum, (BIweekly for us Vancouver guys) and this is the turnout for the last cruise for the LX forum for our local members....

I guess if you don't think they are great cars you must wonder how time and time again more and more people are cruising/meeting other LX owners....?

059.jpg

We have weekly meets on our LX forum, (BIweekly for us Vancouver guys) and this is the turnout for the last cruise for the LX forum for our local members....

I guess if you don't think they are great cars you must wonder how time and time again more and more people are cruising/meeting other LX owners....?

059.jpg

I like the LX cars personally.

Where is that? Western Canada? Beautiful scenery!

As I suspected, the Impala is almost half fleet. No wonder why I see so many around import friendly Houston - they're probably either rental cars or someone's company car. I saw one at this trendy cafe the other night (quietly sitting amongst the Camry's, Accords and Yaris') - I became giddy with "Go America's Home Team" excitement - only to walk by it and see a bunch of boxes of what looked like pharmaceutical samples and sales literature on the back seat. Oh well. :mellow:

The Malibu is a sales disaster too guys, I hate to really say that - but it's sort of true.

I really hope the General can start convincing people to buy there mainstream sedans - if they can't, they're really going to be a lot smaller than they even are now over the next few years.

Edited by gmcbob

I know the Uplander is cheap, but wow I hated driving that thing. I felt like I was driving a horrid 1995 vehicle when I got it as a loaner. Maybe if I had a grow op I needed to transport "stuff" from I would appreciate the interior room per $$ it offered.

Chrysler cars (not trucks) may be over 50% fleet sales. Wow.

Edited by frogger