Multi-manufacturer dealers

Anyone know of any dealers in their area that pair odd makes together? For instance, in Lexington there are several that not only pair together two makes that don't go together, but makes from completely different manufacturers! There's Glenn Nissan/Infiniti/Mitsubishi/Hyundai/GMC/Buick just down the road from me. Glenn also has a Toyota dealer in Nicholasville. And then you've got Courtesy Pontiac/Acura right across the road from Man'o'War Ford (not related). One of the ODDEST is Don Jacob's BMW/Volkswagen/Honda. He use to also sell Olds from that same lot in days gone by. Then there's Quantrell Cadillac/Hummer/Saab/Volvo/Saturn. I guess Saturn will make more sense being paired with them in the coming years, but up until now its looked odd. I really think Quantrell needs to build a new showroom somewhere else in town for Cadillac, at least. ---- In other dealership news, Lexington got its own Audi and Porsche dealers this summer. When the Porsche dealer opened, they had a blue Carrera GT in the lot for show. Nice!

We have a PBG + Toyota dealer in Waterloo. The PBG dealer bought out the Toyota one, if I'm correct. They're at different locations though. Another one is Toyota/Honda/Infiniti/Nissan/Mitsubishi/Volkswagen dealer in Toronto. They look like different dealers, but they're all owned by the same guy.

My uncle Ralph scrimped and saved his whole life to buy a Plymouth/Oldsmobile dealership in 1999. He still mumbles about it when we visit him in the crazy house. His dad sold Edsels and Desotos. He has a little dash from a Firedome and steering wheel from a Citation on his wheelchair at the old folks' home... he loves to push all the little buttons to "shift gears".

No joke... there is a dealer nearby that used to be an Olds/Plymouth/Jeep/Eagle. They lost Eagle... then Plymouth. Kept Olds right up to the bitter end, but added Daewoo in the meantime. Now he sells Kia and Jeep. What a glutton for punishment.

There was an Olds/Porsche/Audi/VW dealership around here (Feduke or Gault, can't remember), they had a very nice 40s Olds Sedan in the show room (I thought it was more of a looker than the Audi TT or Porsche 911 that was sitting next to it). Edited by Decka

Famous Felix Chevrolet over by USC merged in the Audi/Porsche/Dodge dealer across the street, then added VW and Cadillac. Downtown L.A. Motors Mercedes further up on Washington (owned by the same group) has also sold Nissans for years. That's not as goofy. But I'm waiting for the day when there is a serious Mercedes/Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge store.

For a while Ronald Moran Cadillac (now Penske Cadillac-Hummer) on Hawthorne Blvd in Torrance, CA was paired with Daihatsu.  That sure brought a lot of class to the showroom.

[post="36611"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ROFL -- that's hillarious! I was watching the original 1970's Gone in 60 Seconds and during the chase scene, they drove through Ronald Moran Cadillac and a lot of other fairly local places. That Datsun HQ building still looks pretty much the same as before.

We have 2 Chevrolet / Ford Dealers in Oregon. Though one of them doesn't put the Ford next door to the Chevrolet. Kendall (HORRIBLE GROUP) in Eugene, OR has Cadillac / Chevrolet / acura / honda. Sad part, acura and honda get their own "entrance" including service, yet Chevrolet and Cadillac share both service and entrance. And this is a for a building that is less than 2 years old. I think GM should pull their Chevrolet and Cadillac franchise for that.

In Islip, Long Island there's Atlantic Chevy/Caddy/Honda/Toyota/Hyundai/Kia/Nissan

[post="36181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How does that work?
"So sir, what are you looking at, the Escalade or the Rio?" Edited by Cremazie

In Bakersfield CA,we have: 1. Sangera Mercedes-Benz/Volvo/Subaru. 2. Haddad Dodge/Kia.(They even sold Daewoos from 1999-2002.) 3. Bakersfield Chrysler/Jeep/Mazda/Mitsubishi.(The Mitsubishi and Mazda dealers are separate.) 4.Motor City GMC/Pontiac/Buick/Saturn/Lexus. (Saturn and Lexus are in separate showrooms.) 5. Nissan/BMW of Bakersfield. 6. Three Way Chevrolet/Cadillac/Hummer/Saab. (Chevrolet and Hummer have their own showrooms). Last but not least, There is a dealer called Family Motors that sells Volkswagen, Porsche and Hyundai from the same showroom. An odd combination.

I don't know, could it be a conflict of interest to own different makes of dealerships? Think about the conflict that creates in the dealer principle himself/herself. We face that situation. Our company owns a Toyota store and a GM store, although at different locations. Wouldn't it create a headache for GM to include dealer principles in special previews, etc., knowing that info can be spread directly back to the competition? Perhaps all of this is perfectly legal, but I don't know how smart it is to set up conflicting brands. If I was GM, I would want my sales staff loyal; not eager to skip over to the next building and sell them a Kia if the Cobalt spiel doesn't work!