Opel Astra 2009

Cool..so is this a facelift of the current model, or is this the next gen model based on the Cruze plaform (Delta II)? I haven't seen much NG Astra buzz yet...

Edited by moltar

The other way round—the Cruze is base on the next Astra platform, it just gets released first because of product cadence—the Optra needs replacing before the Astra. Since production is still a year away this is just the beginning of the buzz, and it only starts now because the new Golf and Mégane are debuting in Paris.

funny. if the insignia were in a saturn showroom RIGHT NOW....i'd seriously consider one, it'd be in my top 3 sedans.

I want to see the new astra because i want to see if they fix the eff ups of the current one.

in the US this car needs to

full line-sedan, wagon, hatchbacks

it needs USB, bluetooth, armrest cupholders

it needs horsepower and 6 speed trannies

i think saturn needs to change its logo to the opel logo, BTW.

Edited by regfootball

It's an Opel... what did you want, yet another Zeta clone?

If Opels are anything, they're VW alternatives.

Something that actually looks european and crisp (Like the old Opels) instead of a 'melted' sushi wagon.

My major bitch with Opel, besides it's annoying leadership, is the loss of distinct design by a division that used to produce very hot cars.

Something that actually looks european and crisp (Like the old Opels) instead of a 'melted' sushi wagon.

My major bitch with Opel, besides it's annoying leadership, is the loss of distinct design by a division that used to produce very hot cars.

I think Opel is definitely headed in the right direction. To me, the Insignia signals the beginning of a cool new design direction for the division. I just hope the division's cool factor eventually translates to the U.S. GM has a gem in Opel if they figure out how to properly exploit it in the U.S. market.

I think Opel is definitely headed in the right direction. To me, the Insignia signals the beginning of a cool new design direction for the division. I just hope the division's cool factor eventually translates to the U.S. GM has a gem in Opel if they figure out how to properly exploit it in the U.S. market.

I picked up the Sept. Top Gear today from Borders..they have an article on the Insignia...it's really a good looking car, IMHO (even for a FWDer!). I really like the interior detailing and design...

Edited by moltar