Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigpoolog

Ford Stock

15 posts in this topic

It's at $2.65 as I write this. Frankly, I tend to have a bit more faith in Ford than I do GM, so I was wondering if it can go much lower, and whether it'd be something to play around with.

Both are a buy (don't listen to Citi), and I have stocked up on both recently.

The lemmings are getting cold feet and selling...it just means more cheap shares for the rest of us.

I decided to buy 430 shares in Ford. GM I've bought for a couple days now, but I'm a little wary of what'll come of them in the near-future. Either way, I intend for these to be long-term, so I'm none too worried.

Some are predicting the market will bottom around 8500-8700... but either way- Ford can't go much lower and GM isn't far behind. Only question is, how flat & wide is the bottom ?

This is insane actually, I'm not really sure what to make of Ford and GM being as low as they are right now. Is it overall market panic and F and GM are just going along for the ride? Or is it because we're seeing these two iconic car companies on the precipice of something a lot worse?

I tend to write off the douche bag analysts and financial blog posters, but still, I'm a little concerned. :mellow:

This is insane actually, I'm not really sure what to make of Ford and GM being as low as they are right now. Is it overall market panic and F and GM are just going along for the ride? Or is it because we're seeing these two iconic car companies on the precipice of something a lot worse?

I tend to write off the douche bag analysts and financial blog posters, but still, I'm a little concerned. :mellow:

Mostly due to the panic and market shorters. Now that they are so low, the shorts are getting scared and getting out. I don't see Ford going much lower...and I definitely don't see it going down near $1. Ford has enough liquidity to last for at least the next 12 months, so it's highly doubtful they will go bankrupt.

Ford's Market capitalization is lower than their net equity for 2007.

GM's just as dismal

Morgan Stanley, Auto Stocks Sink Rally...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/27096060/site/14081...C&par=yahoo

Well, doh! The pressures on what little manufacturing that we do retain amplifies the pain across the broader spectrum. Jobs tied to autos and the infrastructure sustaining revenue realized from them: Priceless.

Exxon/Mobil will be offering rebates soon. (i wish)

Actually i think i will buy ONE of each stock and attend their shareholders meetings!

best $8 investment ever!

lol

On a side note, since ford is only trading at $2.30 it would only take another $1.15 fall for me to lose half my investment, so im going to wait for it to bottom out.

on another side notes is a DAMN SHAME that short selling GM stock is banned right now cause i could have made 20% ROI today!

why the hell is short selling banned anyways? that's just asinine, that's the entire point of the option. Just another case of the government telling you that you don't know whats good for yourself. Plus with prices this cheap do you know how easily it would be to LOSE A TON of money short selling if these stocks even had a slight gain?

Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

I'm afraid that if the US market does end up at 13.2-to-13.4 million units in '09, then $4/share might be too much...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0