Political signs/bumper stickers

Satty

How long is too long a time to leave a political yard sign up? Or to keep a bumper sticker for a particular candidate or issue on your car? It seems that most yard signs were pulled down the day after the election around here, but there are still stragglers, like the people up the street who continue to display a sign for a candidate who lost on Tuesday. I only had one yard sign ('twas in reference to a proposition, not a candidate) and I pulled it out Wednesday morning. My car had one bumper sticker (for a candidate who was elected) and that was taken off last night. The other car has so many bumper stickers (for just about everything imaginable) that someone behind it at a stop light cant tell what color it is. Back to my original question, how long is too long? I still see "W '04" stickers, and even see one car with a "Kerry '04" around town, that seems quite excessive on both sides.

It'd be funny to see some Nixon ones :lol:

I say that once the election is over it's time to remove them. If your side won, that's great; if your side lost, then deal with it and move on.

Yeah... my Mom still has a 'Nixon-Now More Than Ever' decal on the back window of her '67 Cougar... and Dole, Bush-Cheney '00 and Bush-Cheney '04 stickers on her '96 Town Car, and a McCain-Palin sticker on her Navigator. That's hard-core.

Yeah... my Mom still has a 'Nixon-Now More Than Ever' decal on the back window of her '67 Cougar... and Dole, Bush-Cheney '00 and Bush-Cheney '04 stickers on her '96 Town Car, and a McCain-Palin sticker on her Navigator. That's hard-core.

Pretty cool...

There is a lady around here that has green Cavalier with the old Clinton stickers on it.....

I hate bumper stickers...I have a rule where none shall touch my car...ever. However I do have an Obama `08 magnet...which is fine...because it can come off without fuss. I haven't pulled it off yet...spent like 10 minutes making sure it was perfectly level to the "Intrepid" lettering...I hate things that are crooked.

Still have the yard sign up too...I'll take it down...eventually...when we move if that ever happens.

I made a joke the other day about wanting a Dukakis sticker for my Buick, since it was built in '88.

Speaking of the Duke, that reminded me that an ancient forklift my father has down at the shop still has a "Make it in Massachusetts" sticker on it from the days of Governor Edward King who served a term from 1979-1983 in between two Dukakis terms. Every now and again you'll see one of those stickers on an abandoned building or toll booth on the Massachusetts Turnpike.

I had 3 bumper stickers on my car. I took one "Obama 08" sticker off and one "vote democrat" sticker off.

I left the Obama-Biden sticker on and I plan on leaving it on until the transfer of power. I might find a small Obama window sticker to use for the duration of his term.

I removed all yard signs within an hour of the polls closing - except for one illuminated Obama sign which I left for an additional 24 hours in tribute and celebration.

I want a Ted Kennedy sticker on a black 1968 Oldsmobile Delmont 88 sedan.

Funny cause it's true.

Or, a sticker on the back of said ('67) Delmont 88 that says:

"I'd rather be fishing at Chappaquiddick"

That's actually a poor joke, not for Teddy-Kennedy's poor

actions and the lack of punishment for his horrible crimes

but for that poor girl's lost life, cut way short by a selfish,

piece of garbage, self-serving politician.

Funny cause it's true.

Or, a sticker on the back of said ('67) Delmont 88 that says:

"I'd rather be fishing at Chappaquiddick"

That's actually a poor joke, not for Teddy-Kennedy's poor

actions and the lack of punishment for his horrible crimes

but for that poor girl's lost life, cut way short by a selfish,

piece of garbage, self-serving politician.

Along those lines, there DOES exist a pro-firearms sticker that says "My gun has killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car"

Saw that one on a pickup worthy of TIGHT WHIPS recognition....

some scummy, beat up primered 1970s Dodge... or was it Ford. :yes::unitedstates: