Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Ever park next to or have some park next to you with the same car?

33 posts in this topic

I was wondering if this scenario has ever happened to any of you?

Have you ever deliberately parked next to the same model as your own, or has someone ever parked next to you with the same car?

100_1937.jpg

I think it's cool when someone parks next to you with the same car or vise versa.

Edited by Dodgefan

WWII veteran with an identical Impala parked next to me the other day... The Malibu is a hard one to match since very few people bought Maxxes.

That Intrepid was parked next to mine when I came out of the store today.

I parked next to this last week:

Shadows.jpg

Yes but that's a Sundance. Totally different car, it's a Plymouth. :smilewide:

Since my Cobalt is so new, I don't like to park next to anyone, for fear of door dings. It's cool though, when it happens. Birds of a feather!

Yes but that's a Sundance. Totally different car, it's a Plymouth. :smilewide:

Since my Cobalt is so new, I don't like to park next to anyone, for fear of door dings. It's cool though, when it happens. Birds of a feather!

Completely different I know. :P

What was funny is that it had sitting on the dash the same exact digital thermometer/clock we bought and had in the Shadow years ago.

Edited by Dodgefan

When I owned my SL2, it seemed almost like an unwritten rule that other S-series would instantly gravitate together while parked. 8)

Yikes, did you ever get any door dings when that happened?:o

Not long after my mom got her SL2 in 1992, we were walking out of a grocery store and saw some woman trying to get into our car. Turns out she had an SL2 in the same color, parked a row over.

Aww... Dodgefan, shoot, that was a joke about the 2 Saturn S-series cars parking next to each other... because they are immune to door dings. Sigh, nevermind, if I have to splain the joke, it must not have been that funny.:( Edited by ocnblu

I still see a few, but I've noticed that the ones that pop up on Craigslist have a long list of problems.

Yes, if I happen to see an empty spot near my own brand of car, I will definitely pull into that spot....sometimes, if the driver of the other car is around, we will usually small talk about the cars.

On second thought, if the driver of the same kind of car as mine might be kind of "ghetto," then I stay away...I don't want to put "spare parts car" into their head. :lol:

Oh yes... I love it. Especially when I see another 04-05 GXP or 05 SLE! I have had it happen to me way to many times in a Sand Drift Impala Sedan. As for the Torrent it hasn't happend yet though it has set by many an Equinox. Here are two times within a few months of each other back in 05 and 06 when the Bonneville sat by its friends... Enjoy!

DSCN4586.jpg

DSCN4574.jpg

DSCN6446.jpg

DSCN6442.jpg

DSCN6448.jpg

DSCN6443.jpg

Oh yes... I love it. Especially when I see another 04-05 GXP or 05 SLE!

Bonnevilles are really nice cars. I liked the 1989-1990 because the taillamps were nicer than in 1987-1988. I also really like the 2000 - going forward redesign. I'm a purist, so I liked the basic 3800 equipped base model (was it an LE?) with those comfortable cloth buckets and that awesome, awesome sweeping dashboard.

Yeah, while I hated the interiors of the late model Bonnevilles, I always liked the exterior design.

Edited by Dodgefan

lol I totally cheat at this!

bo1fdtk1sutm5ee9p9t.jpg

Doing some custom work to the gold one, that's why the headliner's out.

Edited by PurdueGuy

Old pics from Aug 5th...

This green Achieva is 5 streets down from where I live.

IMG_7700.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

Have you ever deliberately parked next to the same model as your own, or has someone ever parked next to you with the same car?

*grins*

Guilty as charged!

But, I don't have any pics of such events ... sorry :(.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

Doesnt hardly happen with the cars but the Equinox it does on occassion.

Headliners are such a PITA

The Bonneville needs that done. I will have somebody do it after hearing how much of a pain it is. Mines a 4-door which supposedly makes it worse.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0