2008 Chevrolet Malibu Design Sketches

Blake Noble

Excellent. The front is very well done. However, if I was you work on the details of the C-pillar in the front 3/4 it seems like the lines almost intersect. Rear is cobalt+corvette+previous gen impala with a future perspective.

Good designs overall.

The rear definitely should have looked like the sketches. I have no problems whatsoever with the production Malibu--I think it's one of the better-looking midsize sedans out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the front that is presented in the sketches better. Sportier and I like the even spacing of the grille slats.

I like the rear of the actual production car better. I think the Corvette-ish 2 round taillamps has shown up on too many Chevys - Corvette, Cobalt, etc. and the actual configuration is unique to the Malibu.

It's a good car. I like it in 4-cyl form just fine, from what I got to rent.

I like the front that is presented in the sketches better. Sportier and I like the even spacing of the grille slats.

I like the rear of the actual production car better. I think the Corvette-ish 2 round taillamps has shown up on too many Chevys - Corvette, Cobalt, etc. and the actual configuration is unique to the Malibu.

O RLY?

Mitsu%20Diamante%2099-03%20-%20vip%20fb%

Since when have you seen a proposed drawing of a future car that looked worse than the production model?

The pen is mightier than the metal press.

I do like the rear tail lights better. It has the Chevy family Vette look of 1960's-73. the C6 look is not a bad thing to relate a small sedan too.

When I wash my moms bu you really get a feel for the design. The front clip is more complex than you realize. Spending time cleaning it you see lines that tend to get over looked in a passing glance.

If GM could bring this out a little more with out geting cartoonish.