Matt Dillon arrested for speeding in Vermont

BigPontiac

Link to Article

Matt Dillon arrested for speeding in Vermont

Wed Dec 31, 11:41 am ET

BOSTON (Reuters) – Hollywood actor Matt Dillon was arrested and charged with driving at an excessive speed after police clocked him traveling at 106 miles per hour on a Vermont interstate highway.

The star of the 2004 movie "Crash" was pulled over at about 10 p.m. on Tuesday in the town of Newbury after he was caught on police radar traveling north at high speed in a rented 2009 Chevrolet Impala, said Vermont State Police Sgt. Tara Thomas.

The New York-based 44-year-old actor is scheduled to appear in Vermont's Orange County Court on January 21. If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of three months in jail and a $300 fine.

Dillon began his acting career when he was discovered in the halls of his New Rochelle, New York, junior high school while skipping class. The former teen idol has worked for such acclaimed directors as Francis Ford Coppola and Gus Van Sant. He was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in "Crash".

(Reporting by Jason Szep, Editing by Sandra Maler)

Maybe GM should use Matt in their next Chev commercial.

Maybe GM should use Matt in their next Chev commercial.

Great idea; I bet his calendar's wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. Well, at least until the next boat show or whatever other nonsense washed up B-list actors appear at nowadays.

Well, most rental cars are base models, it was likely the 3.5L.

I was thinking the same thing.

It sounds more like an anger problem (many stars seem to have this issue) and an "above the law" problem (Elliott Spitzer, et. al.).

At any rate, what an ass. Could you imagine the press that would have followed this if he had "taken someone out" in the process of speeding?

I was thinking the same thing.

It sounds more like an anger problem (many stars seem to have this issue) and an "above the law" problem (Elliott Spitzer, et. al.).

At any rate, what an ass. Could you imagine the press that would have followed this if he had "taken someone out" in the process of speeding?

In Hollywood, there is no such thing as 'bad press.' Witness Robert Downey Jr. He's been in and out of rehab, jail, etc. than Zsa Zsa or Nick Nolte, yet he's still around.

matt dillon's score record with hollywood ladies (at least on film) is among the best. he's still up there fairly high on the totem pole.

Well, reg, do a compare-contrast between him and Gene Wilder and you'll know why. :lol:

I have seen a fair number of rental Impala SS's with the bar-code when I have been out west on vacation. How much fun would that be to rent? Most are LS or 1LT cars with a 3.5's but I have seen a few LTZ's and SS's. I bet that car was very stable at 100 mph as well.

Well, most rental cars are base models, it was likely the 3.5L.

That's what I was thinking initially, but then I was wondering if since he was a "star" he might splurge for a little more under the hood. :AH-HA_wink: