Part II: '07 Escalade Exposed

Trimnell1

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well whaddaya know... It's even got the same grille shape as the Yukon... Same interior, (I'm not impressed) a WORSE lower fascia and the new retarded skinny Caddy headlights... No differentation at all on the side...... This might be the breaking point for me.. I mean how unintelligent do you have to be to screw up a launch like this? Lutz has officially RUINED Cadillac and it's momentum. Oh and how could the GM PR people "Forget" a product launch? If they did "forget" then they need to be fired immediately.

I dont really know what to think of it. The interior I like. The center console is nicer than that of the Tahoe/Yukon and the blue gauges look good as well. I think its the grille that gets me...looks wierd from that angle. Doesnt look aggressive at all, not like the CTS or the old Escalade. Looks more yuppy now. Of the three, Im most impressed with the Tahoe. The old Escalade took a while to grow on me, maybe this one will too...

Well, that's nothing shocking. Now in: the 3rd round of a Chevy Tahoe wearing a nice T-shirt. STILL seems too similar, even though there are slightly different panels and other bits. Oh well, at least it has 400hp....that at least counts for something, I guess. Just too damn bad they couldn't go ALL out, and give it things from this decade like a better arranged rear suspension and a nicer 3rd row that doesn't have to be lugged out and into the garage....just what I want to have to do with my $65k truck ^_^ Edited by caddycruiser

i've been really impressed with all the new gen GMs i've been in, even the Impala. But again why wouldn't you get a LR3? I like the lights on this more than on the STS and DTS because of the size/shape of the vehicle. But the grill just kills it. looks awkward

"One look and there's no doubt it's an Escalade," says Taylor . "The '07 Escalade introduces the future of Cadillac design, which matches leading edge forms and styling with superior craftsmanship and attention to detail." Scary line right there. Craftsmanship? Yeah. Leading edge forms and styling? Not so sure about that...Im still praying that its the photo thats making look all jelly-beanish.

Another missed opportunity to really set Cadillac apart.  After the CTS, each subsequent launch vehicle seems to get watered down.

Quality is up to be sure, but the distinctiveness of Art + Science is waning I'm afraid

[post="41244"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, really. It's sharp, no doubt, but the whole REAL A&S thing started by the CTS seems to have gone down the tubes, in favor of more banal lines and angles.

So, based on the trend, I guess the next CTS will drive even nicer, but be the most diluted yet...

Now that I finally have time to sit back and enjoy these two shots. A very big thank you to Dave goes out from myself as well as C&G to you, sir! I must first say that...I just don't know what to think about the exterior/grille combo. Surely the aftermarket will love this and I'm sure the "bling" crowd will approve, as they already have from the celebs General Motors has already consulted regarding this vehicle. The interior I feel is a slam dunk. Something I don't normally say, however this really has hit it in this one picture we've been shown. Everything looks in place, and from this picture there's even a hint of the lighting of the gauges we were hinted at. Thanks again Dave...!

I SECOND THAT, they messed up big time...

[post="41251"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't necessarily think it looks bad, but the overall package just isn't at the level it should be at, for $60k + and the year 2007.

It's a nice ride, no doubt, and will be just as popular as the current one, regardless.

MASSIVE improvement over areas like the 70's fit and finish of the current truck, with no more poorly fitting from bumpers or playschool Chevy dashes. Edited by caddycruiser

Someone over at GM is laughing there head off right now. I guess they probably think that most of us enthusiasts that waited up for nothing aren't there intended market. They are right - I can't afford an Escalade, but it sure would be nice if they say the 10th, that they deliver. I can't believe this.

I think the current SRX is more distinctive than this... and I'm not a huge fan of the SRX's styling.

Come on Cadillac... how hard is it to translate the gorgeous styling of the 16 and Cien into production vehicles?

[post="41263"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Apparently pretty damn hard...

So much for A&S

The interior, while nice, is still not that stylish... GM said they would out do Ford with the new 900 interiors, guess that was a lie as the Navigator and F-150/Mark LT interiors are WAY more stylish.

They didn't push the envelope like they said they were going to do. Not just with the Escalade but, with all the of the other new suvs. I was hoping for something more jaw droping than some grill, headlight, tailight treatments, and a few interior changes.

Josh
Not a problem. Fun talking cars as always.
Dave

[post="41272"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Walts been posting more here on his baby site...incase you havent already found out. I won't stink up the forums, but he's avant here on the site.

MPH's forums should be C&G :AH-HA_wink:

I just pulled up the Tahoe interior vs the Escalade interior, and no doubt the Escalades dash and center console are superior. It just looks a lot more refined and higher class. Larger screen, no wood grain "filler" around the Nav unit, and the gauges look gorgeous. The grades I give it so far: Interior: A- Exterior: B- The last Escalade was razor sharp, like the CTS. If the last one was a switch blade, this one is a butter knife. Regardless, Im completely happy with the interior...and maybe some other pictures will make it look better.

Apparently pretty damn hard...

So much for A&S

The interior, while nice, is still not that stylish... GM said they would out do Ford with the new 900 interiors, guess that was a lie as the Navigator and F-150/Mark LT interiors are WAY more stylish.

[post="41274"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

how hard was it to super-size the SRX and keep it linear and crisp.

why do i see CURVES!

I hate it, I honestly hate it and the idiots who approved it.

[post="41286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You also hate everything that is Pontiac except the Fiero.

This truck is meant to appeal to the masses which I'm sure it will.

Here's a slight hint. Do you really think the "bling" crowd they had approve of this will not be lined up for commercials/taking delivery of one of these bad boys? The truck will be a huge hit.

Imagine: "The First Ultra-Luxury Hybrid SUV"

C'mon now.

Black Viper... It makes me angry too... I so badly want Cadillac to beat the Euro/Japanese imports. A&S was a unique way to do it. They started out with boldness (love it or hate it)... and then retreated over the past 3 years. It's been "softened" or "dumbed down". This feels like a focus group approved vehicle (which Lutz vowed would never happen again at GM)