Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trimnell1

Part II: '07 Escalade Exposed

306 posts in this topic

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...icleId=107890#4

I know that the official pics and info will be available at 12:01 AM Thursday, Nov. 10 but these are by far the best spy photos of the new Escalade till then. I think that it looks really hot and I'm glad that GM put some more money and effort into differentiating the Escalade from the Tahoe/Yukon. That small pic in the other Escalade thread doesn't do it any justice at all.

I'm not sure what to think. The front fascia looks awesome, especially the LED headlamp treatment and more angular Cadillac grille. LOVE the lower front-fascia too. The rest just doesn't look Cadillac. The sides and rear are nearly identical to the Tahoe/Yukon. Doesn't look nearly as differentiated as the current model. Where's the A&S? Also, I wasn't aware the taillamps would be clear-lense. They actually look good from what we can see.

Looks sweet. Cant wait to see the rest. Side does look a little like the Yukon though....

Hopefully the C-pillar is edgier than that of the Tahoe/Yukon. Notice it's one of the few areas GM bothered to conceal. :AH-HA_wink:

is the Escalde getting blinker/turn indicators in the side view mirrors (FRONT SIDE)? in the other spy pics we've seen it looks like the lower black lip has a narrow light-strip or something and in these pics - that black lip has been taped over...

I think it looks good from what we can see. Much more upscale then the current one.

Just a few more days until the real thing is introduced. Does anyone know if official pictures will be available at 12:01 AM on Friday or will we have to wait until the actual show?

I'm not too impressed... It's not as substantial as the old Escalade and definately not as radical looking (Which is a bad thing) The slim headlights just don't work well with Art & Science as they look awkward from certain angles with the huge Cadillac grille. The SRX was okay and has never sold well, the DTS okay too and is selling well, but how much on looks? And now it seems as if the Escalade will just be "okay" as well. Cadillac is losing it's momentum.... and apparently the Escalade is going to look like an upper trim level to the already controversial Yukon... with a contrived appearance that loses all of the divisions unique-ness. Come to think of it, I don't think ANY GM division is unique anymore.. They're all a mismatch of RANDOM watered down styling "templates" I think it is LESS distinctive than the last generation BY FAR... Same EXACT greenhouse, same headlight setup as the Yukon, same sides as the Yukon AND Tahoe... With the only distinctions being the chrome mirrors, the Cadillac grille and the side vent. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but that's a pretty clear picture.

LOL!!!  Wait until Thursday.  I've been hearing this bull for years, "I don't like", "I'm not impressed", then you see the real thing and love it. :rolleyes:

[post="40231"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

AH-HA - what happens on Thursday? Is it the reveal in Beverly Hills that is referred to the the GM Blog? Here is a quote from the GM Blog: "FastLane radio host Deb Ochs interviews Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager, about the unveiling of the 2007 Cadillac Escalade, being revealed this week in Beverly Hills, Calif. "

Do tell - do you have more info?

Same photos on Autoweek...it looks like except for the front clip, the body is the same as the Tahoe and Yukon..

From what I see, I think it looks very professional. Futuristic without losing its mature side. I think more business-aligned groups, who wouldn't normally go for something as flashy as an Escalade, will take a closer second look at this beast.

I think it looks good, actually. It doesn't make sense for GM to keep selling the same vehicle. This looks like a more premium SUV from the outside.

From an inside sorce who has begun posting pictures and other vital data the word is this: "As I mentioned in previous threads, during the recent Satellite broadcast to dealers Cadillac announced the reveal would take place in Beverly Hills on November 9th at a "star studded" event." It sounds like the big day is tomorrow!!! The Fastlane Blog confirms that the intro is in Beverly Hills and NOT the South Florida Auto Show on Friday. This means that we should see pictures tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Well its a lot cleaner looking. It seems to lack the big beefy panache of the current Escalade. I think they should have kept the clean side styling for the Yukons and kept some of the body cladding that made the Escalade unique. Without it, it looks way too much like a Yukon with a grille treatment.

Update on the reveal. It sounds like the introduction on Rodeo Drive is tomorrow night and is invitation only. The release of pictures will be Thursday morning.

Differewnt sheetmetal? What? A black B-pillar is not going to distinguish this Escalade enough from Tahoe and Yukon. Absolutely pitiful. This better have an actually unique interior. I'm really disappointed, and trying to be a modern-day GM fan is getting to be very difficult.

You can't make that judgement from only seeing part of the car. The rest is covered so you can't completely see what the side looks like. Also, I don't know where you've been but for months now, we knew that 'slade was getting different doors and different sheetmetal in front of the A-pillar and behind the C-pillar. The interior is also is completely different from the Tahoe and Yukon and we've seen a bit of what it looks like and I completely agree with that statement.

Come to think of it, I don't think ANY GM division is unique anymore.. They're all a mismatch of RANDOM watered down styling "templates"

:withstupid:

Even the damn 90s, which everyone seems to hate, was more distinctive than GM now..

LOL!!!  Wait until Thursday.  I've been hearing this bull for years, "I don't like", "I'm not impressed", then you see the real thing and love it. :rolleyes:

[post="40231"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I know... And I'll be one of the first to admit guilt.

But that's a good thing... That GM can win over a skeptic.

I have a feeling that the Navigator will be knocked out of the competition by this, I mean after seeing the new Expedition Interior, and seeing the Navigator exterior, it's a yawn.

The Escalade look's great from the rear view...

as if the Infiniti QX56 and the Range Rover had a kid... lol. Just my take.

That front end looks good, but there's still too much tape on the car... 2 days more until the official pics are released, right? Edited by ZL-1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0